004

young gods / jungkook : begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this took a strange turn in my drafts. hope you enjoy

Park Cicily

“Park Cicily!” I jerk awake from my bed and almost fall off the edge. Groaning, I push myself back into the center and reach out blindly for my phone. Before I can find the damn thing, someone throws my door open and flicks the lights on.

Squinting, I pull my covers over my head and try to make out who was standing in my doorway.

“What the ing hell, Jimin.” I utter, trying to blink the sleep from my eyes. We'd been drinking last night and I was nursing a baby hangover.

“Why haven't you been answering your phone?” Jimin barks, storming into my room and looking around for my phone. He finds it tossed on the carpet and tries to turn it on.

“I don't know, maybe it's out of battery,” I mutter, still dazed. My head had begun to hurt.

“I suggest you charge it, you're going to be on the phone a lot,” Jimin tells me as he walks up to my bed and offers me his phone. I furrow my eyebrows before taking the phone. My eyes widen on their own as I see the headlines.

Jeon Jungkook' Girlfriend?

“After mysteriously disappearing from the fighting scene, South Korea's pride and joy, amateur boxer Jeon Jungkook has got himself a girlfriend?” I read out loud, “Yah, Jeon Jungkook!” I yell for the idiot.

“Keep scrolling down,” Jimin tells me. My eyes travel down the page to a grainy picture of us from last night. He carries me in his arms from my car, headed towards my house.

“I don't ever remember being that drunk,” I say. The photo below it is a Twitter post, Jungkook had posted a selca but a red circle points out my arm resting on the arm rest and the strands of my dyed hair. I shut my eyes and hand the phone back to Jimin, scrubbing my face.

“This is a mess,” I mutter, “Where is he?”

“He snuck out to go talk to your uncle early this morning. There are reporters outside right now, I suggest that you stay inside for the moment.” Jimin tells me. My heart falls. Had it gotten that bad?

“Can I borrow your phone?” I ask, scrambling off the bed. “I need to make some phone calls.” I grab my phone, and then his and stride out to the living room. Sitting down at my laptop at the coffee table, I connected my phone to a charger and flip my laptop open. The second that my phone turns on, it explodes with notifications and I struggle to put it on silent.

“I can already feel a headache,” I moan, scrolling through Jimin's contact for Jungkook's number.

“Coffee?” Jimin kindly asks. I smile at him, my angel.

“Yes please,” I say, clicking on Jungkook's name.

The phone rings once, twice, three times before he finally picks up.

“Jeon Jungkook, I ing swear to ing god,” I'm almost yelling right off the bat. “Where are you right now?” I ask.

I can hear Jungkook chuckling. “You're Uncle's office, we've been coming up with an official release to explain what happened.” I put the phone on speaker phone as I open my email and find that it's flooded with mail.

“Has Will finally decided to invest in a publicist?” I ask curiously.

“Nope,” Jungkook pops. “He's been answer phone calls personally all morning.”

I wince, apologetically. “Why didn't you wake me up when you did? I could have been helping.” I say choosing a random email and opening it up. I only have the patience to read one sentence of the scathing letter from a fan before scrolling down to the bottom and typing up a quick apology.

“I thought you'd be tired from last night,” Jungkook said. I narrowed my eyes trying to remember what he was talking about it when I realize that I can remember little of what happened last night past eating fried chicken. I glanced down, checking for my clothes.

“What happened last night?” I ask cautiously, my fingers hovering over the keyboard.

There's a pause. “You don't remember?” He sounds disbelieving. “After everything that you wanted me to do?”

It was a good thing that I had put my phone down because I would have dropped it. My cheeks started burning and I widened my eyes. I glanced up at Jimin, who shrugged, looking amused.

“What do you mean? What did we do?” I ask, getting up to hurry to my room and the trash bin beside my desk. Finding it empty of what I was looking for, I sigh in relief and return to my spot on the couch. I glare at Jimin who is shaking with laughter by now.

“I can't believe you don't remember. You were such a pain in the .” Jungkook mutters. I shut my eyes, hanging my head and hoping I didn't do anything too crazy. I had sworn that I wasn't going to drink last night.

“Whatever, what has Will agreed on releasing to the public?” I ask, trying to get rid of the redness in my cheeks as I continue typing up the apology.

“The truth,” Jungkook says. “You're my manager and my trainer. I've been going through a hard time recently and you're helping me train to re-emerge in the fight scene.” He tells me.

“Right,” I say altering my apology slightly before copying the text and shooting the email back. “How are you releasing?”

“Through Twitter, we thought it would be appropriate,” Jungkook says. I nod, even though he can't see me, pulling up his Twiter feed.

“Yah, why haven't you deleted the picture yet?” I ask, seeing the selca from the new article still up.

“We agreed to keep it up,” Jungkook tells me, sounding distracted. “Why take it down if we haven't done anything wrong?”

I wrinkled my nose. It made sense, but I had a feeling that it was just going to anger his fans even more. “When are you going to post it?”

“Later today, we're just finalizing the text.” He tells me.

“Good, I want you back before dinner tonight. We have to make up for the morning training that we missed.” I tell him, opening the next in a long list of unread emails. Jungkook groans.

“Do we have to? We're dealing with a lot today.” He tries to bargain.

“It's no excuse. You want to fight Jared, you come in for training.” I tell him and hang up before he can say anything else. Jimin comes over, handing me a cup of steaming instant coffee and I immediately take a long sip. The hot liquid drives away the sleep and the bitterness calms me down.

“Thanks.” I smile gratefully.

“What's your plans for the day?” Jimin asks, taking a seat beside me on the couch.

“Probably just going to stay here and answer all these emails, phone calls, that sort of thing,” I tell him with a sigh. I had a good day of work in front of me. Will better pay me overtime for this.

“Want some help?” Jimin asks, sounding worried.

“Thank you,” I say, turning to him as I close an email. “But it's my job. Are there still reporters outside?” I ask.

Jimin nods.

“I'm sorry,” I say apologetically. “This whole misunderstanding is inconveniencing you, I-”

“Don't worry about that,” Jimin says with a sly smile. “What you should be worried about is what you and Jungkook did last night.”

I turn to him. “What do you mean. What did we do?” I ask, holding my breath.

Jimin laughs. “You were so buzzed.”

“I didn't see a ,” I announced.

“What makes you think that Jungkook is responsible enough to remember about condoms?” Jimin asks, arching an eyebrow.

“I am,” I say. “Tell me what you know. Did you-”

“Hear you making wild passionate love again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter