Grapefruit

Inexperienced

The aggressive sound of the keyboard clicking fills the small dorm room as Jimin furiously backspaces, and deletes the scene he just spent the last twenty minutes working on.

 

“It’s all wrong” he groans rubbing his at his eyes under his large glasses. The typing he’s been doing in the dark for the past two hours probably isn't helping his eyesight, but he’s four thousand words into this chapter. Nothing is going to stop him now.

 

Except for this one damn scene.

 

It honestly shouldn't be that difficult, but he just doesn't know how to word it. Jimin knows what he wants, he can see it in his head. It's just that everything he tries to write isn't working how he wants it too.

 

His forehead hits the messy desk, round wired glasses falling of his face for the nth time that day.  

“You okay over there dude?” his roommate calls out, as he switches on the lights. The newfound brightness in the room revealing a messy haired Jimin, entangled in his cocoon of blankets (the only acceptable position to be writing in, in Jimin’s opinion).

 

“Mmfine” he mumbles, tapping his foot around lightly, in hopes of finding his glasses. He eventually feels them and puts them on. The brunet nearly choking on his spit when he sees the state his roommate is in.

 

It shouldn't be a surprise considering he just got out of the shower, but the water dripping down Yoongi’s torso is making his white shirt a little more see through than what's acceptable to keep Jimin’s sanity in check.

 

He gnaws down on his bottom lip, a habit that's resurfaced recently to distract him from his new roommate. They had been assigned rooming together a grand total of three months ago and Jimin is this close to asking for a room change (he could never actually bring himself to do it, but sometimes it was just too much for him to handle) The amount of times he's had near heart attacks the past few weeks could not be healthy. Yoongi just needs to stop catching him off guard.

 

Yoongi is two years his senior, but it isn’t terribly awkward. The music major is generally pleasant to be around, and Jmin feels that the elder definitely doesn't hate him, which is always a good thing.

 

Unfortunately though, they haven't really gotten past smalltalk. Nothing more than simple a ‘Hey what's up’ or ‘I’m gonna pick up some food, want anything?”. They’re seemingly stuck at the cautious stage, both boys still wary about the things they can say or do in front of the other. The amount of times he’s been asked if he’s okay with something is worrying, and Jimin wonders what Yoongi’s past roommate was like. He doesn’t mind that much though because the tiny smile that Yoongi gives him every time Jimin reassures him that it’s okay, always make his day just a little bit better.

 

Now Jimin doesn’t necessarily have a crush on his roommate, (who is he kidding he’s had a raging heart for the boy since day one), but the little things he does just make him want to simultaneously smother and coo at him, and roll up in a ball and cry (usually the latter, he’s emotional okay).

 

The way Yoongi pouts when he’s thinking, small lips pursed cutely. Or how despite the fact that his room is a complete and utter disaster, he always has to have his shoes perfectly lined up all neat in front of the door, how concentrated he is when he cook, trying not to make any mistakes, the way his gummy smile shines whenever he mentions music, his habit of fixing his bangs when he’s nervous, and the fact that he seems to constantly be his lips and biting his tongue.

 

“What are you working on that’s got you so stressed? Essay?” Yoongi asks, ruffling his wet, black locks with a small towel.

 

“No thank God, it’s just for this story I’m writing right now. I just can’t figure out how to word something.”

 

“Maybe I could help? I’m done with all my work for today. I mean, I won’t be nearly as good as you, but I wrote a short story once in English and my prof seemed to like it.” he offers

 

“No, no it’s alright”

 

“I really don’t mind, what scene are you trying to write?”

 

“It’s kind of embarrassing” Jimin is debating between whether or not it’s worth it telling his roommate, well two heads are better than one right?

 

“I won’t judge” Yoongi says with a reassuring smile.

 

“It’s just this one part where I have to write a kiss scene between the two main characters, and I just can’t do it. I’ve probably re-written it a good twenty times now” he complains frustratedly, “I’ve written about a billion other things that I haven’t done before, why is kissing just so hard for me to imagine-”G
 

Without warning, Jimin’s office chair is being spun around to face Yoongi. His calloused hands grabbing Jimin’s soft cheeks, Jimin can feel the little droplets on water from the elders hair falling on his face, but he can’t find it in himself to mind.

 

The writer stares wide-eyed for a moment, neither boys moving an inch. The elder silently asks for permission, eyes staring intently at Jimin’s blushing face, slowly trailing down to his red lips.

 

A second later Yoongi finally closes the gap between them, damp lips gently meeting Jimin’s. The black haired male slowly begins to move his lips against Jimin’s, the latter’s heartbeat dramatically speeding up. He tentatively tries to reciprocate the movements. The fresh scent of Yoongi’s body wash filling his senses, and the writer doesn’t think he’ll be able to see the grapefruit shower gel the the same way ever again.

 

He doesn’t know how much time has gone by, but Jimin begins to melt into the kiss, slowly getting the hang of it. He loops his arms around Yoongi’s neck pulling him closer, feverently pressing his lips against the other’s. Yoongi softly nibbles at Jimin’s lower lip catching the other by surprise, and threads his fingers through the seated boy’s silver locks.

 

Suddenly, Jimin’s office chair begins to roll backwards, successfully separating the two boys. Four months ago Taehyung had convinced him that buying the spinning chair would be the best investment he’s ever made, but right now he wants nothing more than to strangle that good for nothing best friend of his.

 

They both stare at eachother, red cheeked, and short for breath. A pleasant feeling lingering in the pit of their stomachs.

 

“I, um, hope that helped?” Yoongi says sheepishly, turning his head down to avoid Jimin’s eyes

 

“Yeah, thanks” Jimin replies awkwardly.

 

“I should probably get to bed now it’s getting pretty late” Yoongi still isn’t meeting Jimin’s eyes, deciding that playing with his fingers is much more interesting.

 

“Yeah, you should go do that, goodnight” Jimin says sweetly, still kind of dazed.

 

“Night”

 

Yoongi walks over to his bedroom door, about to walk in, when he stops and turns around.

 

“Jimin?” He calls tentatively, biting his lip.

 

“Yes?” He looks up to find his roommate finally looking at his face.

 

“If you ever, um, need help again, I’m always here.” he offers with a small smile, rushing into his room before Jimin can respond, promptly shutting the door behind him.