Chapter 3: The Fight

Confidential Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not knowing where to go, Sejeong roamed around the city while trying to find a place to sleep.

She thought, “You should know how much this is hurting me, my dear Jeon Somi. My heart is aching every time you said that you think that I don’t love you. You don’t know the extent of my love for you, Somi-ah. I’ll sacrifice everything, even my life, just to make sure that you’re safe and happy,” while sobbing.

After walking around without any direction for an hour, Sejeong decided to crash on the bench in the fountain park near I.O.I’s dorm. In a few seconds, Sejeong started lying down quietly, fighting against the chills and noises around her.

Meanwhile in I.O.I’s dorm, Somi also just arrived back at the dorm while driving around the city to clear her head. Just as Somi entered the house, everyone started to wander what’s going on as Sejeong wasn’t entering.

“Somi-ah, where’s Sejeong unnie?” Doyeon asked.

“I left her at the base,” Somi answered coolly.

“Stop messing around, Jeon Somi!” Yoojung added.

“Do you think I’m joking with you? I really left Sejeong unnie at the base,” Somi said.

“Why… why do you leave her there, Somi-ah?” Mina asked.

“Your sister just pissed me off badly and I couldn’t stand her anymore,” Somi answered, “Ah! (yawn) I’m too tired to have this fight right now. I’m going to bed.”

“Jeon Somi! Get down here right now!” Nayoung commanded loudly.

“Who are you to yell at me like that? You’re not even my mother,” Somi rebuffed while walking up the stairs.

“Jeon Somi! I’m not going to repeat myself anymore! You get your down here right now or you’ll swear that you never lived with me!” Nayoung ordered.

“Fine, whatever you say,” Somi shrugged while sloppily walking down the stairs and sit at the living room’s couch.

“Jieqiong, try calling Sejeong. She’s most likely to still be up,” Nayoung said, “And you, Jeon Somi. We’re going to have a very long talk, but only after you search for Kim Sejeong until you find her. Don’t even expect to show your face in this house without her. Do you understand me?”

In the park, Sejeong can feel her pocket buzzing and as soon as she looked at the Caller ID, she ignored the call.

“Unnie, Sejeong unnie isn’t picking my call,” Jieqiong informed, “But her phone’s still on.”

“That’s because she loves her CO so much,” Somi commented while pouting.

“Just shut up, Jeon Somi!” Yeonjung shouted.

“Mina, try to call Sejeong,” Nayoung ordered.

Sejeong felt her pocket buzzing again and she immediately looked at the Caller ID again. However, she still ignored the call although it’s from her sister.

“Unnie, Sejeong unnie isn’t picking up my call as well,” Mina informed.

“You guys are all buttheads. Sejeong unnie won’t pick up your call unless you’re her CO,” Somi commented again.

“Ya! Jeon Somi! Watch what you’re talking!” Sohye angered.

“This time why don’t you try calling her,” Nayoung ordered, “I bet she’ll pick your call up immediately.”

“Why should I even call her, huh? Just wasting my money and time,” Somi replied.

“Now you pick up your phone and ring Sejeong unnie’s phone, Jeon Somi!” Yoojung angered.

“Fine, fine. I’ll do what you say,” Somi shrugged while dialing Sejeong’s number.

Sejeong’s pocket buzzed again and this time she immediately picked it up after seeing Somi’s name in the caller ID.

“Somi-ah, I’m sorry with what I did. I really can’t tell you even if I want to,” Sejeong immediately said after picking up.

However, instead of an answer, Sejeong can only hear whispers on the other end of the phone.

“Talk to her, Jeon Somi!” a person ordered, which Sejeong believed to be Nayoung.

“What for I talk to her? What difference will that make? I will still never accept her back,” Somi answered.

“You’re going to be sorry for saying that. Now you say sorry to Sejeong and ask for her location. After that, you go and pick her up. Don’t show your face in this house if you haven’t pick her up yet!... Don’t cry, Mina-ah,” a high-pitched voice said, which Sejeong immediately recognize at Jieqiong.

“Fine, fine… Whatever you say,” Somi said, giving up from the debate.

Then, Somi said on the phone with her “pissed-off” tone, “Ya, Kim Sejeong, where are you? The unnies here ask me to pick you up! Just tell me your location!”

Sejeong exhaled and replied, “I am on our usual bench in the fountain park near the dorm. I’ll walk myself back to the dorm. It’s okay, you don’t have to pick me up.”

After replying, Sejeong heard the whispers again at the other end of the call.

“See, Nayoung unnie! Sejeong unnie doesn’t need a lift home. She can walk herself home,” Somi said sarcastically.

“I know she can walk herself back to the dorm, Jeon Somi! But you are still going to get your off the couch, walk to the park, pick her up from the bench, and walk home again while you say sorry on your way home!” Nayoung replied.

“Alright, whatever!” Somi replied.

Then, Somi returned to talk at the phone, “Ya, Kim Sejeong! Wait for me there! I’m walking there to pick you up. Don’t go anywhere or I’m going to kill you!”

“I promise I won’t go anywhere. See you s…” Sejeong answered, but the call was shut off before Sejeong even finished her words.

Somi threw her phone to the couch and got out from the dorm to go to the park. After several minutes of walking, Somi arrived at the park and went straight to Seje

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter