Chapter 1: Back to Normal

Confidential Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After half an hour of procession, the final order for dismissal was given and Staff Sergeant Sejeong ran towards Somi’s direction, but the male soldiers started running towards Somi as well, blocking her path to see Somi. Nonetheless, she could see Somi emerging from her position and walking carefully towards her. In a split second, both of them were hugging warmly. All the soldiers started cheering at them, but Somi and Sejeong didn’t seem to notice as they’re already in their own world. From afar, she could see her little sister, Mina, standing with I.O.I members.

“I miss you very much. Don’t ever go far away from me for 9 months again! Do you understand?” Somi said quietly to Sejeong’s ears while hugging her.

“I also miss you very much, but you know that I can’t do that. I am a soldier, Somi. This is what I do for living,” Staff Sergeant Sejeong answered while calming Somi down.

“But you can ask for a transfer so that you only work in the country. Please…” Somi pleaded with her puppy eyes.

“I am an infantry soldier, Somi, not a logistic or intelligence personnel. I can’t work in the country. I can only be deployed to the battlefields,” Staff Sergeant Sejeong replied.

“Alright then. But you won’t be deployed again soon, right?” Somi asked.

“Let’s just hope not, okay? Now can we just return to your dorm? I’m very tired right now,” Staff Sergeant Sejeong answered.

After their conversation, Somi and Staff Sergeant Sejeong released their hug and Staff Sergeant Sejeong started talking with her sister, best friends, and I.O.I members. As Staff Sergeant Sejeong opened the hall’s gate, she could only see oceans of reporters and fans taking pictures and shouting their favorite member’s names. The I.O.I members started standing in a straight line, with Staff Sergeant Sejeong and her little sister, Mina, standing on their right.

“1,2,3,” Nayoung, I.O.I’s leader commanded.

“Yes, I love it, I.O.I ibnida. Annyeong haseyo!” each member of I.O.I spoke their slogan while smiling.

“All of the I.O.I members gathered here to support Somi as she picked up her girlfriend and our best friend, Staff Sergeant Sejeong, after she was deployed in Afghanistan for 9 months,” Nayoung said distinctly while looking at Staff Sergeant Sejeong, “We hoped that each one of the reporters and fans can respect the private time we need to spend with our beloved friend. Thank you.”

After Nayoung finished her speech, all of I.O.I members, Staff Sergeant Sejeong, and her sister, Mina, started walking towards I.O.I’s car and headed back to their dorm.

“How’s this deployment, Sejeong-ah?” Nayoung asked.

“Same old, same old. Since it’s longer than before, I just got more homesick,” Sejeong replied.

“Of course she is. Because unnie here can’t wait to hug her beloved girlfriend and our maknae,” joked Jieqiong.

“Just shut up, Jieqiong unnie. You’re just jealous,” Somi replied whilst her cheeks blushed heavily.

“It’s okay, Somi. She’s actually right, by the way. During deployment, I always have Mina’s, I.O.I’s, yours and our first date’s picture in my pocket so that in times of stress, I will just see your pictures and remember that I can’t give up,” Sejeong said calmly.

“Unnie, are you hungry? I already prepared to make 5-spiced pig’s feet and sweet and sour pork to welcome you from your deployment,” Mina spoke with her glowing eyes.

“I am very hungry on the way back. My stomach’s been grumbling throughout the flight from Kabul. I missed your cooking very much, Mina,” Sejeong replied as she hugged and kissed Mina’s chubby cheeks.

The way back from the base seemed so fast and finally, the group reached I.O.I’s dorm. Due to their immense popularity, I.O.I’s dorm had been upgraded from an apartment into a 500 m2 house. A 2-story house with 10 bedrooms, bathroom and changing room in each bedroom, 2 living rooms, a big swimming pool with sauna and Jacuzzi, fitness room, and basketball court is where the famous K-pop group resided. As they only have 9 members, their house has an extra bedroom, which was usually used by Mina and Sejeong. Since Mina and Sejeong don’t have any family relatives besides themselves, Sejeong always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter