Five

Rhythm

Mark layed on his friend's bed playing with the identity card on his hand. Outside he seemed calm but inside his mind was going wild. The image of the new boy haunted his thoughts again and again. It was perfect opportunity for him to talk with Jackson Wang and know about the mysterious boy more. It's just that he needed the nerves to hold a proper conversation without embarrassing himself. His hands stopped spinning the card and he started studying it thoroughly. 

First he discovered that the boy was a year younger than him and he was Hongkong native. Mark's eyes landed on the image of the boy. He traced his fingers lightly on the image curious eyes capturing each details of the face. His brown eyes stopped on the another pair of brown eyes. Those eyes were enchanting in a way that no one could explain. They were like balck holes attracting him towards them, a spell so magical that he was drawn into it without wanting to. Those eyes held thousands of untold stories ,a mystery of their own. Even through the photograph Mark could feel them piercing his soul , giving him a sense of fear, unexplained sadness and strange enough a little warmth and comfort.

The trance was broken by the noisy entrance of his friends. He quickly hid the card under pillow. If they knew it was Jackson's id then he would have to answer their non stop questions and he wasn't in the mood to do so. He tried to act as normal as possible . 

" Everything's alright ??" 

Of course Park Jinyoung , the mother of the group would notice. He should have known earlier that it was impossible to trick the raven haired boy. But what would possibily go wrong in giving his acting skills a try ? 

" Yes everything's alright " Mark smiled like there's no tomorrow. Obviously it was fake " Why would you ask ?" 

" Your smile looks creepy. Tell me what's up with you or I'll have to use my way " 

" I___I said everything's alright " 

" You just shuttered " 

" No I didn't " 

" Tell me right now " 

" I SAID IT'S NOTHING DIDN'T I ? NOW LEAVE ME ALONE " 

Everyone went silent in the room. It was very rare for Mark to brust out like that. JB looked back and forth between Jinyoung and Mark. 

" I__I'm sorry " 

Mark bowed his head in shame and guilt. It was such a simple thing and he made a huge issue out of it. 

" It's okay Mark. But if anything is bothering you don't hesitate to tell me okay . "

" Actually,  there is something I need to tell you guys" 

The young boys looked at him with hawk eyes. Mark shifted, suddenly shy under those gazes. He cleared his throat and fiddled with his fingers.

" Do you know that new student Jackson Wang ? " 

" Yes that hottie. Do you have a crush on him or something ? !  " 

Bambam bounced on the bed clapping his hands like a retarded seal.

" No ! I don't have a crush on him. It's actually that that____ " 

" Yes " 

Every single boy in the room clasped their hands together nodding their head in union.

" I have his identity card "

" Oh my god ! Don't say that you stole it " 

" No Jinyoung I didn't steal it. I found it in hospital " 

" Hospital ? " 

" Yes hospital. The boy he had injured during the PE said that Jackson had visited him and asked me to return this card to him. " 

" How's the boy by the way ? " 

" He is perfectly fine. I don't know how neither does the doctor " Mark's eyebrow knitted in confusion " What might have happened there ? "  He directed his question to JB.

" How would I know ? "shrugging his shoulders JB paddled across the room and started taking of his shoes " By the way why is that card bothering you so much ? " 

" I don't know how to return it. What if he thinks I'm  a creep ? " 

" Does his opinion matter to you ? It's not like he's your boyfriend or something. Besides it's better for you to stay away from that piece of " 

JB snatched the card out of Mark's hand " I will return it " 

" No ! I uhm mean that you kinda have grudge against him . And I don't want you to fight with Jackson.  " Mark mumbled taking back the card from his friend's hand and kept it in his pocket. 

JB raised his perfect shaped eyebrow at the older boy. Sensing the tension inside the dorm Jinyoung opened his mouth.

" You guys must be hungry. Go and change. I'll prepare something for you " 

" Yes mom " Yugyeom poked out his tounge at the raven haired.

" Yugyeom no food for you. " 

" Why ???  Jinyoungie brotherrrrrr~ "  The youngest boy started whining and making puppy dog faces. 

" Fine. I will cook for you only if you return to your dorm right now " 

Jinyoung ordered in a firm tone. Yugyeom almost in lighting fast speed bounced outside the dorm.

"Yugyeom take Bambam with you . "

" Come on man. I'm having fun here " 

The younger boy reentered the dorm and dragged his protesting friend out of it but not before Bambam got flicked on forehead by JB. 

" Respect your elders you brat " 

He shut the door besides him.  The room went silent once again with only Jaebum, Youngjae , Mark and Jinyoung. 

Mark stood up suddenly and paddled towards the door. 

"  Where are you going ? " 

" Back to my dorm. I have some assignments to finish " 

" Don't stress out too much okay ? " 

Mark nodded his head and softly closed the door. He walked inside his dorm which was just few footsteps away and groaned as soon as he saw the state of the dorm was in. Messy. 

He set aside the clothes piled on his bed and sat down. Plugging the laptop out of the charger he checked the charge. A heavy breath escaped his lips as he remembered the long essay he had to write for the assignment and to top it all the deadline to present it was tomorrow. 

After first few lines of writing the seemingly never ending essay Mark groaned and fell back on the bed. He had no interest or any idea about the topic he was writing. What the hell was he supposed to write about human psychology when he didn't even know the definition of it. Okay , maybe he was over exaggerating but he was bored out of his mind and he needed rest. 

The bed sheets felt too comfortable all of sudden . The familiar warmth and scent lulled him to sleep. His eyes fluttered shut and he forgot the unfinished essay and gave in to the lulling comfort.

 

 

 When he woke up it was already evening. He panicked not because it was late but his laptop was gone from it's original place. Throwing the bed sheets he started searching for the device. To his relief someone had placed it on the table with a note by it's side. 

He picked up the note. Unfolding the piece of paper his eyes roamed across the words written on it. A yawn escaped pass his lips and he rubbed his eyes to clear the blurry vision. 

" I have kept the food by bedside table. Eat it when you wake up. And JB has taken care of your assignment. Don't worry   - Jinyoung " 

As said by the note Mark noticed a plastic bag near the table. He smiled thanking his friends by heart. 

Just as he was about to dig in the food  , the loud knock outside his door startled him. He silently cursed and ignored it thinking that his younger friends were probably there to disturb him. Mark kept on eating the hearty meal while the person outside kept on knocking the door. 

" Ugh ! " 

He wiped his mouth with tissue and strode towards the door ready to chase away annoying brats of friends. Angrily he opened the door. 

" Bam what the he_____________" 

His prediction was wrong oh so wrong. Instead of his younger friend like he had expected there stood none other than Jackson Wang, face blank. 

" Uhmm wh__why are you he__here ? " 

Mark's brain had stopped functioning at that moment. Jackson raised a brow at him and all he wanted was the earth to open up and swallow him. Out of all the questions he could ask he had to ask that one. Way to go Mark he mentally faceplamed himself.

" I mean to say do you need anything ? " 

Mark's voice came out sickeningly sweet and he cringed at his own tone. He wasn't good at talking with strangers and especially when  the said stranger had such captivating eyes boring holes at his head. 

Jackson without speaking a word took a step ahead causing Mark to take a step back. The process continued on until they were inside the dorm and the older boy was practically pinned to the wall by the younger. 

Mark could feel his heart beat increase it's pace. He suddenly felt breathless and hot. His sweaty palms clutched the edge of the sleeves of his shirt for dear life. What was going inside Jackson's head ? 

Suddenly the younger leaned in and Mark's breath hitched in his throat. He could feel the cold breath of other on his bare neck. A shiver travelled throughout his body and his cheeks flared up red in embarrassment. 

" Wh___what are y__you doing ? ! " 

 

Jackson leaned in even closer that his lips were nearly brushing the milky skin of olders neck. His hand travelled down Mark's body and to the jeans pocket. He fished out the id card and drew back from the shaking male. 

" Didn't know you were interested in stealing "

Mark's head snapped at the voice. Oh god that voice was so smooth and deep . It took him some time to register what the younger male just said. Did Jackson Wang just accuse him of stealing something  ? 

" Excuse me ! I didn't steal your card " 

" I can see that " 

How dare he. Mark's eye twitched in anger. The male in front of him was showing off so much attitude that he wanted to punch the life out of the said male.

" I didn't steal your card "

Mark spoke out each word firmly helding eye contact with Jackson. His hands turned into fists at the bored expression of younger male.

"  Truth can't be hidden Mark Tuan. I am not surprised though, you are trying to hide your deed . After all it runs in your family " 

" What did you say ? ! " 

Jackson was fast enough to see the fist directed at his way. He held Mark's hand in tight grip in an instant and slammed the boy against the wall. 

Mark was nearly blinded by the amount of pain that hit him all at once. He groaned and growled at the younger trying to break free from the iron grip but his action triggered Jackson to hold his wrist even tighter almost breaking the bone. 

" Let go ! " 

Mark still struggled. He hit the other with his free hand , bit Jackson's hand with all his might but the other didn't even budge. Jackson merely smirked , his eyes held the familiar evil glint Mark had seen during PE class. Like earlier Jackson leaned in. Mark was scared by the sudden change in aura around the younger. He gasped as he felt the cold lips brushing against his neck. With what strength he hand he pushed Jackson away from his body.  It did nothing. 

Jackson felt as if a ball of current hit his body . He jolted out of his trance and pulled back from the boy. His eyes met with angry tear filled brown orbs and at that moment something inside him ached. Frustrated,  he punched the nearby table scaring the already scared boy and left the dorm. 

Mark caressed his abused wrist. He could trace out the fingerprints on his skin. His attention turned to the cracked table. He gasped in horror and crouched down when his eyes caught the sight of photo frame of his family. It was broken. The pieces of glass had pierced through the photograph damaging it in process. The unshed tears finally fell from his eyes. 

" I hate you Jackson Wang ! I ing hate you ! " 

He screamed at nothing in particular. And just like that the night arrived with it's black blindfold. Mark layed on his bed earlier events playing in his mind. He absolutely hated the younger male. There were no words to explain the harted. He kept on repeating how much he wanted to hit Jackson in his mind when something else flashed through this mind. Jackson's lips on his neck. Even if those lips had touched his skin barely for a second , he had still felt the electricity , the warmth and butterflies in his stomach. He unconsciously touched his neck and immediately retreated his hand back. What was he thinking. There was no way he  liked the feel of Jackson's cold lips. Mark shook his head and layed back on bed. He needed a good night sleep to clear his thoughts. 

____________________**********_________________

Hello my dear readers, how're you all ??? Please leave your comments down below and let me know if your thoughts about this story !!!!

 

Have great day !!!! Love you all