Two

Rhythm

" Yes mum I have eaten. Actually I have made some friends and they are awesome. No one's bullying me mom. Yes, I have slept well. Love you too " 

Click. Mark placed his phone on the table. His mom had called to check up on him. He smiled remembering her sweet voice. His stomach suddenly made grumbling noise demanding to be filled with food. Mark had lied to his mom, he hadn't had anything yet and now he was hella hungry. He kinda regret not bringing food with him on the way here. He didn't even know where the hostel canteen was. Might as well take help of his new friends. He glanced at his wrist watch. It was already evening.

Mark knocked lightly at the door opposite to his room. He waited outside gnawing at his bottom lip. Was he disturbing them ? Maybe he was. Just as he was about to change his decision the door was pushed open.

" Mark ! Why are you standing outside ? Come on in"

" Thank you Jinyoung but uh I was actually looking for the way to canteen. I forgot to pack some food with me " 

" Then you must definitely come inside. I'm preparing food for the children and I would be glad if you join us " 

" Children ? " 

" The brats you met earlier " 

Mark smiled at that but was still hesitating to enter inside. 

"Jinyoungie something is burning in the kitchen! " 

A familiar voice called from inside.

" Oh crap ! " Jinyoung hurriedly ran inside and disappeared who knows where. Mark awkwardly kept on standing there  until wild Yugyeom grabbed his hand and tugged him inside. He sat on the edge of neatly made bed playing with his fingers nervously.

" Umm the college allows you to cook your own food ? " 

" Not for others but our Jinyoung mom can turn impossible into possible with his acting skills " 

Yugyeom laughed at his own joke " Other boys are coming here soon. We usually eat together in Jinyoung's room. And yes I nearly forgot to tell you about Jaebum brother. We call him JB and he has this scary vibe around him. But don't worry once you get to know him he's friendly. " 

Yugyeom nudged him forward as if he was going to tell him a top secret " Jaebum and Jinyoung hyung actually like each other but they won't admit it. " 

" Oh really ? ! " 

" You can see for yourself " 

Their conversation was interrupted when said boys entered the room without bothering to ask for permission to enter. 

" Mark bro is here ! " 

Bambam clapped his hand excitedly and Youngjae gave him a huge smile. The unfamiliar face whom he assumed is JB glared at Mark with piercing eyes. He tugged at Yugyeom's sleeve feeling uncomfortable under the sharp eyes.

" Who are you ? " 

JB asked , his voice deep and chilling.

" M__my name is M__Mark.Nice to meet you ? " 

Mark rubbed the back of his neck, his voice stuttering.

" JB bro you are scaring him " 

Bambam pointed out. JB rolled his eyes at the young boy and sat down besides Mark.

" Food is ready ! " 

Everyone in the room cheered except Mark and JB who was busy studying Mark like he was his favourite subject. 

JB stood up and went to help Jinyoung while the younger three chatted about some random game. The JJ pair , as named by fanboy Yugyeom came with food balanced on their hand.

Jinyoung plated the food for everyone. The delicious smell of rice and chicken filled the air and hit Mark's nostrils. His stomach made an embarrassing noise attracting everyone's attention to him.

Mark could feel his cheeks heat up as he lowered his gaze and apologized. 

" Markie is so cute " 

Yugyeom pinched his cheeks and the blush on his cheeks darkened. 

" Look he's blushing " 

" Yugyeom, Bambam , stop bullying Mark. " Jinyoung warned them and turned his attention to Mark, eyes soft and warm " What are you waiting for dig in " 

As the taste of rice and chicken hit his taste bud , Mark felt like he was in heaven. It was as delicious as his mother's homemade food. He stuffed his mouth with the food oblivious to eyes watching him. All the boys were awing at his cutness even JB had little smile on his lips.

" You must be really hungry " 

Mark glanced at Jinyoung and nodded his head.

" The food is delicious ! Really very very delicious " 

Mark exclaimed after everyone had stopped eating. He helped Jinyoung clean the dirty plates who was  very much thankful.

" Thank you for the delicious dinner " Mark bowed to everyone.

" You'll be joining us for dinner from now on and I will not take no as an answer " 

" Thank you so much Jinyoung " 

The black haired boy ruffeled his hair. Mark could see JB glancing at them from the corner of his eyes. 

" Someone is jealous "  

Yugyeom sing songed in teasing manner earning a smack from Jaebum. Youngjae laughed while Bambam came in rescue of his friend. 

Jinyoung shook his head suddenly exhausted. 

" They never change " 

" Markie bro lets play truth and dare" 

Bambam caught his wrist in tight grip and made him seat on the middle of the room.  

" Come on guys. " He urged everyone to sit down on circle. " Where's the empty bottle we have hidden ? " 

Yugyeom pointed besides the table and Jinyoung fished out the bottle. 

" I will spin first " 

Youngjae the sunshine of the group snatched the bottle from Jinyoungs hand and spinned it on the floor. It landed on JB.

" Turth or dare ? " 

" Dare " 

" I dare you to confess your feelings for the one you love " Everyone in the room giggled.

" I love you very much Nora " 

" Ugh ! you are no fun. Everyone knows you love your cat. Too bad she doesn't even like you " 

" Shut up Bam ! " 

JB rolled the bottle as it was his turn. This time the edge of the bottle pointed towards Jinyoung " 

" JJ's destiny " 

Yugyeom laughed dancing a werid dance. 

" Truth or dare " 

" Truth " 

" Is it true that you have crush on JB brother ? " 

Jinyoung blushed at the question and nodded his head shyly. 

" Ohhhh ! " 

" Stop teasing him you brats " 

JB glared at the noisy boys " Jinyoung spin the bottle " 

He did as said and it landed on Mark. " Sooo truth or dare Mark ? " 

" Dare " 

" I dare you to go outside and visit the banned part of the college " 

" JB he is new here. He doesn't know the area very well. Besides it's dangerous to go there. Haven't you heard the rumors ? " 

" So what ? I'll give him the direction and the rumors are false Jinyoung "

" It's okay. I'll go " 

Mark decided to break the glaring contest between the two boys. JB smirked and started making rough sketch for the direction. After he was finished with the sketch he gave it to Mark.

" I hope this will work " 

The new boy nodded his head and stood up to leave for the destinated place, the banned area of Maria high. 

 " You don't have _____" 

Before Jinyoung had chance to complete his sentence , Mark had already left. His nostrils flared in anger as he returned to glare at JB.

" What the hell did you do ? If something happens to him then  I swear to god IM Jaebum I'll not forgive you . " 

" Realx Jinyy. Why are you making such a big deal out of it ? " 

The youngers knew that the situation was serious so they silently fled out of the room. 

" You know very well why. Dead bodies are found in that area frequently that's why it's banned in the first place " 

Jinyoung pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration hoping that Mark would be safe. 

Mark scanned the hallway with keen eyes , no one was there. The fluorescent light shined upon the tiled floor providing him opportunity to escape. He cautiously walked so as not to produce any sound. He glanced at the paper on his hand. The arrow was now pointed towards left direction so he turned his foot steps to left. The exit was barely visible but he noticed it. Taking one sharp intake of air he dashed to the open gate. 

With the directions scribbled down by JB he was able to reach the entrance of banned area. He would have entered easily if the gaurd hadn't been patrolling there. He hid behind the light post , waiting for an opportunity . And luckily minutes later the gaurd shifted his attention to something else. This was his only chance. 

Mark sneaked inside,  perfectly hiding his body from the bright lights. Within his vision he could see the gaurd return back. Had he been a second late he would have been caught. 

Mark looked around his surrounding .He was grateful that the light posts were almost every where.  Nothing seemed weird or strange. There were few trees scattered around the area and worn out path he was currently standing on, nothing special. So why was it banned then ? He decided to explore the area before going back to his dorm.

The only sound he could hear was his own footsteps and the buzzing of crickets in nearby bushes. All of sudden lights started to flicker on and off , the wind swirled around nearly blinding him with the dust. He felt the same vibe he had felt earlier in the jungle. The phenomenon continued on until the lights were off and darkness filled the whole surrounding. 

The blindfold of blackness covered his eyes. He couldn't make out anything in the dark. The wind seemed to calm down and it was too silent that he couldn't even hear the sound of crickets, only the sound of his heavy footsteps reached his ears. He stopped midway to take out his phone from the jeans. But something else caught his attention now. His ear pricked up at the sound of faint footsteps behind , it weren't his. Someone was there with him. Maybe the security gaurd came there looking for him. He just need to turn on the flashlight. 

Mark fumbled with his phone to turn it on. The sound of footsteps was very near now. His hand found the power button , he quickly unlocked the device and pressed on flashlight. He had thought he would be face to face with someone but noone was there. He looked around. Nope nothing. Just thin night air filled with heavy silence.

" Strange " Mark muttered under his breath. He continued on again. The flashlight could only cover the certain range of area. From the croner of his eyes he could notice dark figure near the trees . He lifted his hand and shone the light .

" Just my imagination " 

He could only see the perfectly lined trees nothing else. Chills ran down his spine as he felt dangerous vibes around the area. He decided he had explored enough it was time to return back now. 

Just as he had turned back a sudden force pushed him back. In surprise the mobile phone slipped out of his hand and the screen cracked as it landed on the hard ground. It was dark again. 

His legs caught up with something and he fell down. He could feel immense pain on the left side of his head and warm liquid oozing out of the wound. He was scared now , very scared. His heart started hammering loudly , vision black and his palms were starting to sweat. He sat there forzen in a place like a paralyzed patient. 

Suddenly he felt cold hands wrap themselves around his feet and he was dragged forward like a sack of potatoes. He tried to fight back , screamed for help but it was all in vain . His body collided with trees. His back hurt like hell because of the impact . Pain was running throughout his whole system. Groaning he tried to stand up with wobbly legs. The same cold hands wrapped around his throat stopping the suppy of oxygen. 

Mark clawed , struggled to break free from the unforgiving grip around his throat but the attacker was too strong. His vision blurred with tears , skin turned blue , strained cough escaped his lips. Suddenly the bright light filled the surrounding again.

The only thing he saw before passing out was the pair of red eyes staring at his own half lidded ones.