Three

Rhythm

Dark. That was the only thing he could see. His eyes lids felt so heavy that he couldn't open them even if he tried. Every part of his body was hurting like hell. The ability to move his hands and legs was gone. He was drained out of energy. Mark could hear someone calling his name again and again. He tried his best to open his eyes with what ounce of energy was left within his system. Bright morning light momentarily blinded him , he squinted his eyes to adjust with the vision and moaned as hot searing pain hit his forehead. 

" Mark ! " 

Jinyoung's worried voice reached his ears. He glanced around to see different pair of eyes looking down at him with same emotions swirling around them - concern. He felt warmth seeping inside his heart despite the flaring pain.

" Can you hear us ? " 

" Y__ya" 

His voice was raspy. Mark tried to lift his stiff body from the bed but fell back down groaning in pain. His eyes brimmed with tears. Yugyeom gently helped him in sitting position. 

" Don't move around too much " 

Jinyoung asked Bambam to bring a glass of water for Mark. The younger hurried towards the kitchen and came back with a bottle of water lightening fast. 

Youngjae helped Mark drink the water . Mark could notice his red puffy eyes - the sunshine was crying.

"Youngjae " Mark squeezed the boys hand with his trembling one " Are you alright ? " 

" I was scared " Youngjae sniffeled " I thought something happened to you. I thought yo__you " his voice broke at the end.

" Youngjae I am fine now. Don't worry to much okay"

Mark mustered the courage to smile at the boys. Jinyoung rushed to his side and ran his fingers through the wounded boys hair like mother. 

" Jaebum shouldn't have done that. I don't even want to see his face again. I had told him not to let you go out there but he never listens to anyone" 

Jinyoung cursed the sharp eyed boy under his breath. 

" It's not his fault Jinyoung " 

" Huh ? " 

" It's not his fault that I was hurt. There's some psycho killer out there. That's why the area is banned I think " 

" You saw the killer ? "  Bambam asked , fear evident in his voice. 

" No I didn't. It was dark out there. But I think I saw his eyes. I can't remember properly. I don't even remember how I get here " 

" You didn't returned for long time and everyone was getting worried so we decided to go and look for you. It was very difficult to convince the gaurd but he eventually let us in. Jaebum found you in half dead state nearby a tree  , you were covered in blood and you were barely breathing. Do you know how scared we were ? Jaebum carried you back to droms and the college nurse treated your wounds. It's all thanks to god that you are safe now " 

Jinyoung sighted. His tired eyes roaming across the room. 

" Thank you guys " 

Mark whispered softly " Where's Jaebum by the way ? " 

" I send him out. He doesn't deserve to be around after what he did "

" Jinyoung it's okay. It's not like he knew what was going to happen. I want to see him please "

" Fine. Bambam call JB " 

The younger boy went out to bring Jaebum while all others stayed silent. The door reopened after few minutes and in came Bambam and guilt ridden Jaebum. His eyes were casted down on the floor, shoulders hung down with exhaustion. After what felt like ages he lifted his head and his eyes met with Mark. The wounded boy looked so fragile. Bandage wrapped almost everywhere around his body. Guilt bubbled in his heart.

" Mark I am so sorry. I know you don't want to see my face right now or hear anything I say but please forgive me. I regret what I did yesterday "

" I am not mad at you " Mark smiled at the raven haired boy. He looked genuinely sorry. " It's not your fault anyway. " He looked at Jinyoung who was avoiding eye contact with Jaebum " Jinyoung you should talk with him "

"  No ! What he did is unforgivable " 

" I know you are mad at me Jinny. I am mad at myself too. I am really sorry but please talk to me. Hit me , scold me but please don't ignore me like this " 

Jinyoung squeezed shut his eyes. Sudden overwhelming feeling came over him. He was more frustrated than angry. He wanted to shout he wanted to cry but controlled himself. He breathed in and out, in and out. 

" I'll let it go this time but if you repeat your mistake again don't expect me to forgive you " 

Mark could see light return to JB's eyes.

" Thank you Jinyoung. I promise you I will not repeat my mistakes and I'll do anything go protect you guys from now on . I am sorry again " 

" It's okay " 

The atmosphere returned to normal again. Bambam and Yugyeom entertained Mark making him laugh. Youngjae sang song for him, Mark fell in love with the calm soothing voice. Minutes later Jinyoung came back from kitchen with porridge and water bottle in his hand. 

" He needs to eat now. I have prepared breakfast foe you guys. Go and have it " 

Jinyoung shooed everyone to kitchen but JB stood where he was " You too JB " His tone was little cold and distant.

" I'll eat with you later " 

" Fine then " 

He settled the bowl on the table and grabbed the spoon nearby. Scooping a little amount of porridge he blowed to cool it down. 

" Open your mouth Mark " 

" I am not a child Jinyoung and I am not even sick. Why are you feeding me porridge ? " Mark pouted at end .

" First of all you are injured. And porridge is good for health. Your stomach will digest it faster and you'll recover soon. Now stop being stubborn child and open your moth " 

Unwillingly Mark opened his mouth and Jinyoung spoon fed him. It didn't tase bad but it wasn't tasty either. Jaebum was watching them but his eyes weren't glaring like earlier rather they were warm and soft. 

" I can't eat anymore " 

Mark turned his head to other side. Jaebum noticed red marks around his neck and frowned. It looked bad.

" You just ate three spoon. I'll not let you escape until you finish the whole bowl. " Mark opened his mouth to protest only for Jinyoung to place the spoon full of porridge inside. Defeated he kept on eating until it was finished. Jinyoung beamed with happiness that he ate well. He wiped Mark's mouth with wet tissue. 

" Rest now okay and don't forget to take your medicine. I'll send Yugyeom to check up on you " 

" Okay. Now go and have your breakfast " 

Jinyoung nodded his head . He and JB left the room after making sure Mark was laying in comfortable position. 

As said by Jinyoung ,Yugyeom came to check up on him. The younger boy made him take the medicine and applied soothing cream to his wounds. 

" Yugyeom can you give me your phone for sometime " 

Yugyeom handed him his phone and Mark dialled his mother's number.

" Hello Ma. Yes. I'm doing fine. Yes. I'll go to class later. I have eaten. Don't worry I'm fine. Yes. I love you too " 

He handed the phone back to the younger male. Yugyeom placed the phone on the table and started nursing him again. 

"Our class starts in 30 minutes. We have talked with the principal. He said you don't have to attend classes until you fully recover. If you want I can stay with you " 

" Thank you Yugyeom. But you don't have to miss your classes because of me. I'll be fine by myself " 

" Won't you get bored here all alone ? " 

" It's okay. I will sleep all day. " 

Rest of the boys entered the room ,dressed in the college uniform. They greeted Mark . Jinyoung eyed Yugyeom " Go and get dressed or you'll miss your class " 

After Yugyeom left they settled around Mark. 

" We can't leave Mark alone. One of us has to stay here and take care of him " 

" No you guys aren't going to leave your study for me. Go and read. I need rest anyway. I'll sleep all day. " 

" But ____" 

" No buts Jinyoung please " 

" Fine then.  I have prepared snacks for you. I'll leave it here on the table. If you get hungry eat it and don't forget to take your medicine on time. The water bottle is here. I'll leave my phone with you. If you need anything don't hesitate to call any one of us. And don't move around to much. If you get bored there's TV on nearby hall. Call us and we'll take you there. We'll be back soon "

They waved bye to Mark and left the room. It was silent all of sudden. Mark layed on bed staring at the ceiling until his eyeslids felt heavier and he drifted back to sleep.

He woke up around afternoon. Yawning he sat on the bed. He was startled when the door opened suddenly.

" Did I scare you ? " JB asked softly. 

" No I was just surprised. "

" Oh okay. Have you had your lunch ? "

" No "

JB scratched his head. He seemed too shy all of sudden " Jinyoung send me to feed you "

" Oh. It's okay I can feed myself "

" No no. I'll feed you. "

Jaebum placed his bag on the bed and fished out tiffin box from it. He opened the lid of the box.

" Porridge again " Mark groaned. JB chuckled at that and placed the box on table " He ordered this specially for you . He has warned me not to come back until this box is empty "

" I don't want to eat "

" Come on it can't be that bad "

" Try for yourself "

JB scooped little amount and tasted it. Mark was right it didn't taste good. He resisted the urge to spit out the food and swallowed it giving timid smile to the injured boy.

" See it's not that bad "

" You are bad at acting "

" Okay. I admit that this tastes like . But you need to eat it because Jinyoung will cut my throat if you don't finish this. "

" Please JB don't make me eat this please " Mark begged.

JB sighted and palced the box aside. He then took out the box of juice and sandwiches from bag and gave them to Mark.

"You need to eat something though  " 

He started feeding Mark before the other boy could protest. He smiled at the cute boy in front of him. Taking out tissue from the front pocket he wiped the corner of Mark's lips.

" So messy. You know Mark , you remind me of my little brother "

" I am older than you " 

" Still you are my little brother " 

JB chuckled and Mark face broke into huge grin. Yugyeom was right JB was actually fun to be around if you get to know him.

" Do you want to watch TV ? " 

Mark nodded his head. He was bored laying on the bed all day. JB stood up , carried his bag and lifted him gently on his arms. They walked out of the room and to the hallway. He placed Mark gently on the comfortable chair and handed him the remote control. 

" I need to go back to class. Take care little bro " 

He ruffled Mark's already messy hair. 

"What are you going to say to Jinyoung ? " 

" I'll tell him that you were so hungry you ate the porridge along with the lunch box " 

JB shouted from the exit and Mark laughed to himself. He was really lucky to have such friends.

He clicked the power button of TV on. He kept on changing the channel until he landed on entertainment one. There was a dance show going on. He decided to watch that for a while. When the advertisement popped up he changed into another channel. This time something else caught his attention. A news about murder. Mark gasped in horror when the photo of the victim was displayed on the screen. It was the cab driver who had dropped him there. The reporter was saying that the murder was brutal. The victim was tortured ,his blood was drained out of body and they found stab mark on his chest. The murderer had stabbed him to death and thrown his body down the cliff. Mark suddenly felt sick to his stomach.