Chapter 2: Coma

BTS's Newest Member...is a GIRL?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran.

I kept on running. I felt my knees burning and feet aching as I kept on making my way towards the hospital.

"Your brother, Kang Sooyoung, got into a car crash."

That line kept on running through my head. My twin brother...in a car crash?? I was in so much shock. I couldn't believe it. He was laughing and smiling just this morning.

I bursted through the Emergency Room doors and asked the front desk lady where my brother was. After she gave me the directions, I rushed to his room.

I was turned around a few corners and found the sign where my brother's name was hung. I saw a group of men, about 7 or 8 of them, sitting in front of his room. I didn't mind them and was about to open the door when one of them stopped me.

"Excuse me, you're not allowed inside the room. Only family and friends of the patient are allowed inside." Anger boiled inside of me when this middle aged man stopped me.

"Do I look like I'd be a stranger to this person? I'm his sister. Now let me through." I pushed the man off to the side and ran into the room.

When I walked into the room. I saw my brother, Sooyoung.,practically lifeless. Wires and tubes were hooked onto him. Sooyoung's entire body was covered in bandages with some spots on his face and arms that are soiled with blood. I could hear the faint sound of the heart monitor in the distance.

"O..oppa...Sooyoung-ah....wake up...w-w-what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here...W-wake up..." I found trouble getting the words out of my mouth. My voice was trembling. I tried shaking him awake.

"Sooyoung oppa...wake up...." I grabbed onto his arm and tried shaking him more. "WAKE UP!!" I yanked his arm to try to make him get up. I heard commotion going on behind me and I felt a pair of hands pull me back, another pair ripping my grasp off of Sooyoung.

"I know you're upset, but please, if you move him too much, he could....die..." The last words made my entire body freeze. I felt as if my breathing stopped. No...there's no way Sooyoung can die on me like that. The tears that I was fighting back so badly started to fall from my eyes. Tiny crystal droplets began to fall and hit the ground. I bursted into tears and covered my face. The person that was once restraining me pulled me into his arms.

"It's going to be ok...don't worry...."

 

~~~

 

After crying for awhile, I was able to collect myself in the bathroom. I wiped away the last few tears and took a deep breath.

Sigh....

"Soyou...don't cry anymore. Stay strong for Oppa. Hwaiting!" I made a little fist and walked out of the bathroom. When I got back to Sooyoung's room, I found out that everyone that was in there was gone. I wasn't even able to thank them for helping me...I didn't even know who they were!!

I decided to sit next to Sooyoung and watch over him. After a few minutes, a doctor walked in.

"Ah, you must be his twin sister, Kang Soyou, correct?" I got up and bowed.

"Yes, that's me. Thank you for taking care of my brother."

The doctor and I sat down as he discussed what was going on with Sooyoung. He explained how Sooyoung was walking across the street to get to the van that was going to take him to the company building when a car that was speeding ran a red light. Sooyoung was hit qutie severely, which caused a broken arm, ribs, and a lot of bleeding. When he landed on the ground, he cracked his skull, which caused quite a bit of bleeding, which induced the coma. Fortunately, Sooyoung was very lucky to have survived and not have any permanent injuries. However, due to the excessive bleeding, it caused him to fall into a coma. The doctor and his nurses are not sure as to how long he will be in this state, but they are closely monitoring him to make sure that he is healing steadily.

The doctor left soon after he updated me. I was left alone with Sooyoung again.

"Oppa...how are you going to debut now?" I asked the unconcious Sooyoung. "Well, I guess it's going to be delayed for you..."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter