Where's Ongniel?

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

A/N: I listened to this masterpiece while writing this, so it'd be cool if you guys listened to this while reading! (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYN6DRDQcjI) Shout out to EXOLJHopelover on aff. Hahaha.

 

For future chapters, if I don't recommend any songs, you're welcome to listen to that. *smiles nervously*

Masterpiece to listen to while reading

Seungcheol didn't particularly think he made bad decisions, but he knew this one was pretty bad. He had called on the court jesters to help him with his son since they were some of the king's closest friends. Unfortunately, the trio treated Seungcheol like they always did. 

"So what's your problem, your royal highness?" Asked Soonyoung with the feeling of mockery hinted behind the question.

"Soonyoung, I told you not to call me that," Seungcheol grumbled. These three liked to often remind him of his status in the kingdom. It put pressure on him and his friends knew it.

Seokmin bowed formally. "Please accept our deepest apologies, your majesty who has the power to do virtually anything in this wonderful kingdom he is ruling." He grinned. "How was that?"

"This is supposed to be a serious matter!" Seungcheol knew he was losing control of the situation.

"We know, your highest ruler. We're just making it hard for you. You need to loosen up a little. Are you feeling a bit stressed?" Seungkwan continued to list other possible problems.

"Perhaps our most honored one would like a cup of tea to relax? I would gladly call up Chef Mingyu to whip up something," Soonyoung solemnly offered.

Seungcheol blinked. "I thought I made Mingyu a guard."

"So did I," Soonyoung leaned in as if sharing a secret. "until I learned he's jack of all trades who can cook, clean, and do many other tasks if you ask him to. He seriously has so many talents other than standing like a model while protecting you royals."

The king put his fingers to the side of his temple. "Let me guess, you made him do your chores for you or something during his breaks."

BooSeokSoon beamed in unison. "How did you guess?"

Seungcheol groaned. "Leave him alone, he has a job to do." 

The three jesters looked disappointed, but not surprised.

"What's the dilemma you're in, oh mighty one?" Seungkwan asked. "Did another firework blow up in your face?" He smirked.

"That was so long ago, why do you still remember that?" Seungcheol still vividly remembered how he got surprised with that rogue firework.

"My brain retains all the information about one of the most adored people in the kingdom."

"When is my birthday?" Seungcheol challenged.

After a minute of thinking, Seungkwan shrugged without shame. "Apparently I can only recall embarrassing moments about our royal king."

"Remember when we had a group-" Seokmin started.

"Ok, that's enough of that memory," interrupted Seungcheol. "We're really going nowhere with this. Why did I think this would be a good idea?"

"Because we are very good at our job," Soonyoung said.

Seungcheol squinted at his friends. "I don't think it was because of that."

As their voices began overlapping suggesting other reasons, the king began debating if leaving the room suddenly would be considered rude. 

"Oh Jihoon-hyung, how are you?" Seungkwan greeted his old friend.

"I'm fine." Jihoon's reply was clipped and short. (Just like his height.)

"Good, good."

Seungkwan and Jihoon struck up a conversation while Seokmin and Soonyoung were being themselves. Seungcheol wondered when the meeting went wrong. 

"We have a crisis here, people. Try to pay attention please." Clapping his hands to get their attention, the king took back control.

The jesters faced him. 

"The problem is…?" Seokmin prompted.

"It's not really a problem, I just need advice," insisted Seungcheol.

"Don't you already have someone for that?" Soonyoung looked at Jihoon pointedly. Jihoon glared back.

"Yes, but-"

"Ooh, are we going to take Jihoon-hyung's place?" Seungkwan speculated. He imagined a higher pay and better treatment.

"Um, no."

"I'd like to apply for his job anyway!" Seokmin volunteered.

Jihoon looked so done with his friends. But being the repectful man he was, he decided not to retort. He was somewhat used to it anyway.

The jesters began to chat amongst themselves again.

"Why did I hire you guys again?"

"Because we're your friends!"

"Remind me to fire you soon."

They began to protest, which made Seungcheol regret his decision. His headache got worse by the minute. Just then, his angel walked in.

"What is going on here?" Jeonghan murmured. He squinted his eyes. "Didn't I tell you only to summon these three people during emergency situations? It's bad enough they're still living here because no one will give them jobs except us."

"Yeah I know, but I needed some information on what to do about Samuel," said Seungcheol.

Jeonghan brightened at the mention of their son. "Speaking of Samuel, I have come up with a fool proof way to get him to date Daehwi." The king looked at Seungcheol expectantly, waiting to see is reaction.

"The last time you said that was when you tried to get Meanie together. Look how that turned out."

"It turned out perfectly, if I do say so myself." 

"If you call having to resort to kidnapping Wonwoo to make him go on a date with Mingyu perfect, you need a dictionary."

"Well, I probably won't do that this time."

"Only probably?"

Jeonghan shrugged. "I can't make any promises." He sauntered out of the room, leaving Seungcheol with three jesters, a right hand man, and a huge headache.

Seongwoo felt giddy with joy. He moved into his new apartment successfully, though under strange conditions. Only a few more things to unpack from his luggage and he'd be ready to go. The moving truck called him to report that his belongings would be delivered tomorrow because of traffic. 

There were a few bad things about his apartment though. The heater wasn't working at all because no one bothered to paid the electricity company. Seongwoo became annoyed for a few minutes, but realized that he could use that as an excuse to ask Sammy to stay with him for the night. His act needed to be convincing after all.

The door opened, revealing his new companions. Actually, Seongwoo didn't know what to call them. Friends? Strangers? Crazy in love with each other but neither of them know it? People are so complicated.

"Speak of the devils," muttered Seongwoo.

"What did you just call us?" The so called Daehwi was seething. Seongwoo assumed it was because he insulted Daehwi's crush.

"Nothing important. Want to take a tour of my new home? Provided you dust everything of course." Seongwoo eyed the dusters.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," grumbled Daehwi. He grudgingly took them out of the bag and handed one to Samuel.

"Here," Seongwoo started, "is the wonderful kitchen. There's an ancient refrigerator already installed, so yay! The usual appliances are there too, the microwave, oven, stove, dishwasher, sink, you name it." He watched them dust until they were done. 

"The next place is the bathroom. I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary worth mentioning, so start dusting!" Seongwoo took them to his bedroom next. "My bedroom is practically bare, everything was taken down from then room. I don't think you need to dust anything here."

"What about that?" Samuel pointed to the heater and air conditioner.

"Oh, it doesn't work." Seongwoo turned to leave the room.

Samuel frowned. "But you're sleeping here tonight, right?"

"Yup."

"How're you going to stay warm?"

"I'll have my handy, dandy sleeping bag!"

He looked conflicted, though Seongwoo couldn't imagine what about. After a moment of hesitation, Samuel spoke.

"Would you like to sleep at my place then?" Samuel offered. 

"Sammy, I appreciate the offer, but I don't think your place will be big enough for the both of us. You're still a teenager who probably has to work double shifts to earn money."

Daehwi snickered.

Samuel looked confused. "But I live in the cas-"

Daehwi proceeded to pinch Samuel in the arm. The prince looked confused and hurt. 

"Oh dear me, there was a fly on his arm! Seongwoo why didn't you clean up properly?" Daehwi laughed nervously.

"I did."

"Ahaha, how funny of you Seongwoo. Let's go to the next room! Come along now." Dragging both of them put of the room, Daehwi felt relieved that Samuel didn't slip up too badly.

When the apartment was as spotless as it could possibly be, they decided to go to the festival. While they were getting ready to leave, Seongwoo walked to a window to see the scenery. He then spotted a certain someone entering a car. To him, it seemed as if it was the rude bookstore worker. Seongwoo rubbed his eyes, but the car drove away before he could confirm the identity.

"Seongwoo, are you going with us or not?" Samuel called.

"Yeah, I just thought I saw something." Seongwoo put on his jacket and boots. "Let's go."

If the bakers weren't there, Guanlin promised himself that he would flip a table. He jogged for a while then switched to walking. Breathless, he took note never to take up a career in track. 

Sweet scents, playing children, and multiple booths filled Guanlin's vision. He searched for the bakers, ignoring everyone else. His eyes scanned everyone's face. No, a family, nope, no way, some children, a couple on a date, a family, still no, another couple—wait. Guanlin strained his neck to see the couple's faces. Aha! He found them. If the bakers weren't facing him, he could've sworn that they were a couple on a date. They had couple earmuffs for crying out loud!

"Excuse me!" Guanlin staggered towards the bakers. "Do you know where the two boys went after they left your shop?"

Jihoon and Jinyoung looked at each other. 

"No, we don't know. Sorry!" Jinyoung said.

Jihoon nodded.

Guanlin wanted to collapse on the ground. Where's a table when you need one?

"You're welcome to join us for now. Maybe they'll be here," suggested Jihoon.

"Yeah, I'll stick with you guys for now. I'm exhausted," admitted Guanlin.

They walked around for a while, with no specific destination in mind. 

"Is that them?" Jihoon made a motion towards two people.

Guanlin looked up and felt the urge to leap for joy. He had found them! But who was with them?

A/N: I'm not going to say anything about Ongniel because I'll spoil it. Huhuhu. 

Ok I literally have 10 different ideas/plots for Wanna One/Produce 101 fics. Ugh, my imagination betrayed me. 

School is starting for me soon, please pray for me and my updates. Thank you. -Veil