"Let me sleep!"

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

Seongwoo crawled into his cold as ice sleeping bag and lay awake. He felt so tired after a long and interesting day, but he didn't want to sleep. The hard floor did not help his sleeping schedule either. Twisting and turning, Seongwoo gave up trying to rest. His thoughts swirled in his mind. He had so many questions, and not enough answers.

Who was the person in the ferris wheel? 

Why did the servants act so odd?

Why was today so odd?

Listless, he crept out of his sleeping bag. The paper with the stranger's contact information was burning a hole in his jacket pocket where he had stuffed it. Seongwoo took the paper and traced the numbers. What would happen if he called? Shoving that thought aside, he placed the paper back into the pocket.

All night he couldn't sleep. Neither could the person across the hall.

...

Meanwhile, the bakers trotted down the street to reach their respective homes. Jinyoung and Jihoon lived in the same general area, but their houses were a couple of blocks apart.

As they reached the intersection where they often separated, Jihoon gave Jinyoung a speedy farewell and a broad smile. The shorter jogged off towards his home only looking back to wave once more.

"Good night Jihoon! I'll see you tomorrow for work!" called Jinyoung from his spot. He waved goodbye back to his coworker.

Now Jinyoung was in a rush to get to his house. They cold had settled in and a chilly breeze whipped Jinyoung's scarf around his already slender neck. He pulled the scarf up higher to cover his runny nose. Walking at a brisk pace, he soon arrived at his home.

After peeling off his winter clothing and changing into his nightwear, Jinyoung made himself comfortable in front of his fireplace. He had turned up the temperature to compensate for a fire and decided to read a book before heading to bed.

The crackling of the fire and the cozy atmosphere made Jinyoung doze off.

...

"What do you mean we fogot the package? I was holding it during the festival, right?" Samuel searched Daehwi's eyes for any guilty sign saying that he was lying. "Right?"

"Correct, but it's still not delivered," Daehwi said.

"Then where is it?"

"You were holding it during the festival..."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Where do you think it is?"

"My room?"

"I don't know. We'll check after dinner." Daehwi walked past Samuel and back into the dining room. Samuel followed.

The royal family and Daehwi chattered aimlessly for the rest of the night. It wasn't long before everyone was dismissed back to their regular routines.

"See you all in the morning, bright and early." King Seungcheol left the room towards his study.

King Jeonghan smiled warmly. "Good night Samuel! Good night Daehwi!" He went to the bedrooms, to get ready to sleep.

"Good night," responded the boys warily.

They scurried to Samuel's room hurridly to look for the package.

Daehwi tossed and shuffled things around, frantically looking. Samuel checked in his closet and behind random objects. Neither of them were successful at finding it.

"Did we leave it in the laundry room or something?" Daehwi began panicking. He had even crawled under Samuel's bed to look.

"No, I put it down before then," Samuel reasoned. He put his hand to his chin. "I think I know where it is!" Reaching for a pillow, he lifted it up and revealed the hidden package.

"You mean we panicked for nothing!? It was right under this pillow this whole time!" The prince's best friend was going to flip a table. "Argh!" Daehwi wanted to facepalm. He collapsed onto a comfy arm chair next to Samuel's bed.

"So, when are we giving this to its owner?" Samuel questioned. "It is already pretty late now." He set down the medium sized box on his dresser.

"We will give it to him tomorrow. The package's contents are probably some baked goods anyways," reasoned Daehwi.

Samuel nodded. "Well, I need to go to bed now. See you in the morning, I guess."

The elder boy hopped out of the seat and went to his designated room.

They both slept soundly, for their adventures that day drained them both.

 

A/N: I'm super sorry I didn't post for the past 2 weeks, I've been busy with things. Thank you for waiting! I'll be posting hopefully every 2-3 weeks now. ((DNA AND CHANGE UP ARE SO GOOD. I like them so much.)) -Veil