Earmuffs

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

The walk to the store felt rather long. Snow had stopped falling for now, and Samuel and Daehwi were extremely grateful for that. It made their trip easier. Of course some banter between the two ensued.

"What do you think the price is for a duster, Daehwi?"

'More than you have with you.'

"I have some bills somewhere here…" Samuel searched his pockets. Being the prepared person he was, he usually carried a bit of cash with him. "Aha!" He proudly held up some crumpled bills.

'Put those down! People might steal them from you!'

Samuel could practically hear Daehwi hissing this warning.

"So, Daehwi, why aren't you talking? It seems to me that you're an attention seeker," Samuel stated as the pair entered the semi-large convenience store.

"I am NOT seeking attention!" Daehwi cried and immediately clasped his hand over his mouth. He regretted all his life choices in that instant.

"Behold! The mute has regained the ability to speak!" Amused, Samuel did a jazz hands move. Obvious sarcasm dripped from the words like honey. "If you're not seeking attention, then why are you not talking?" 

Daehwi gave up using his phone for communication. "I sense something fishy about that Seongwoo guy. Maybe he knows who you are and that's why he approached you."

Daehwi thought that Seongwoo went to Samuel or something. Samuel decided against telling Daehwi that he dragged Seongwoo into being his friend. Daehwi would not be happy if he knew. The fact that Seongwoo was humoring Samuel by pretending to be interested in him already made Samuel feel guilty. How many more lies would Samuel have to tell?

Daehwi continued on rambling. "…and could be up to no good. I just don't trust him! What are your thoughts Samuel?"

"I think that you are going to run into the shelf." Grabbing Daehwi's hand, the prince jerked his friend back towards him to prevent an accident. Samuel pointed to the stacks of items Daehwi would've run into. "Watch where you're going."

"Oh…" 

"Come on, we need to hurry up. Seongwoo-hyung will be waiting for us." Samuel began walking to the cleaning aisle.

"Samuel…"

The prince looked back to find Daehwi wearing a strange expression. Samuel couldn't quite tell what Daehwi was feeling or thinking.

"Yeah?"

Samuel followed Daehwi's gaze to his hand which Samuel was still holding. 

"You're still holding my hand."

Samuel grinned flirtatiously. "I know."

They proceeded to buy the dusting tool, still holding hands.

The bugs had long left the apartment because of Seongwoo's knack of squishing them with his shoes. Cobwebs were nonexistent thanks to them all being on the floor for some reason. However, Seongwoo didn't touch the dust. He purposely left that chore for Sammy and Daehwi. His clothes and other things in his luggages still had to be unpacked, but that could wait a little more. Right now, to Seongwoo, this was more important.

Seongwoo got out a pen and the letter Daniel left for him. Seongwoo tapped the point of the pen to the back of the stationary. The apartment was still a mess, but he felt obliged to send a thank you note back to his neighbor. Unfortunately, he didn't have any paper. So here he was, writing a thank you on the back of the cute stationary. Seongwoo checked the front of the paper for the millionth time, confirming the address of his neighbor. 

But what was he supposed to write besides thanks? Maybe something saying his new apartment is very dirty and his friends abandoned him to argue (read: flirt) some more. Seongwoo frowned and shook his head. This Daniel dude wouldn't be interested in that. At least he sounded nice in his letter though.

In the end, Seongwoo signed the letter with a flourish. He looked triumphant because he had written it in one go. Then he folded it and slid it under Daniel's door. Seongwoo hoped, for some reason, Daniel would write back. Marching back to his home, he unwillingly began sorting out his things once more. Cleaning was difficult for him. Maybe it was because Seongwoo carried the teddy bear in his arms the entire time.

"Jihoon, I don't think this is a good idea," Jinyoung warned. "It's going to snow again soon." He looked nervously to the threatening sky. The temperature was strangely pleasant even though flurries fell earlier.

Jihoon didn't pay attention to his dongsaeng. "It's not that chilly anymore! The weather is perfect for attending the festival," he insisted.

"You better be paying," said Jinyoung under his breath.

"Hm?"

"I said nothing important."

"Ok, we're almost there!" Jihoon bounced up and down excitedly.

Jinyoung couldn't get the growing smile off his face. Jihoon was always adorable without trying to be. (That's what Jinyoung thought anyway.)

"Ooh, we're here!" Jihoon squealed. He pulled Jinyoung to the nearest booth and started looking for things to buy.

"It isn't a wise idea to start buying things right away."

"I'll take these two. Thank you!" Jihoon paid the person working and handed Jinyoung earmuffs with a halo attached to it by a wire. 

"What is this for?" asked Jinyoung. He already had a winter hat on and didn't really need earmuffs.

"This is my thank you gift for going with me here! Won't you wear it, Jinyoungie?" With pleading eyes, Jihoon looked at Jinyoung.

"I'm not really an earmuffs kind of person, Jihoonie. I don't even wear them."

"Please?"

"Will you start making better choices with your money?"

"Maybe." 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. "Then MAYBE I'll wear it."

"Ok, I will! Put it on already, I want to see how it looks on you!" Jihoon took the earmuffs from Jinyoung's hands, tiptoed a little, and placed it on Jinyoung. He clapped his hands to show his approval. "It looks great!" 

"I beg to differ." The younger looked at his phone's camera. It showed a person with a  failed attempt at resembling an angel.

From the bag the worker gave him, Jihoon pulled out the other pair of earmuffs he bought. 

"Tada!" Jihoon put it on and showed Jinyoung. "The earmuffs were a set." Red horns were the highlight of this pair. "Now we match!" He beamed at his dongsaeng.

Jinyoung definitely did not do these couple type things, but when your crush makes you, you can't resist. So, Jinyoung allowed himself to be led to another area, looking forward to whatever antics Jihoon would do. 

A/N: It's short, I apologize. Support Samuel and his debut please, he's doing great. Where are Winkdeep interactions? We're in a Winkdeep drought. *sigh* -Veil