A really happy ending

Happy Ending

 

‘I love you hyung! I love you.’

 

Unable to do anything as the scene continues to play out in front of him slowly, Taemin does the only thing his sinking heart could muster.

 

He screams

 

sitting up, face frozen in horror as he struggles to separate reality from a dream.

 

Everybody jolts awake immediately fumbling towards Taemin’s bunk, gathering on a bunch by his bedside and it doesn’t even take a minute.

 

“Taemin what’s wrong?” Key checks his temperature while Jonghyun and Minho just franticly finds spaces to scoot over beside Taemin, face painted with worry.

 

“Yea, what’s the deal with you waking us up at this ti- ouch!” Jonghyun winced at Minho’s soft-not really-punch and holds his hand up to the young boy’s neck mimicking Key.

 

“Jinki hyung?” He calls in search of the leader who is just as worried as the others. He stands up to hug him tightly while the other members simply stare at the unfolding scene, not really knowing what is going on.

 

“I love you hyung.”

 

With this, everyone just raises a brow. What exactly is bringing this up? They all thought.

 

“Sure Taeminnie, I love you too.” It’s true, Jinki loves Taemin. He doesn’t really need to know what reasons these actions are coming from but of course, being the leader…

 

“Are you alright? Are you feeling sick? Do you need anything?” The questions are directed to Taemin who still doesn’t seem calm enough answer so Onew moves his questioning glances from Jonghyun to Minho to Key. None of them seems to know what’s going on so he sighs and thinks it’s just one of those puberty stages. But he doesn’t let go.

 

“I think he had a bad dream.” Jonghyun says half-whispering to Minho, observant.

 

”That’s most likely…” Key observes the awkward couple hugging and thought it best to just leave the situation as it is. “Well, once in a while, hugging randomly is good too.”

 

That said, he opens his arms and reaches for Minho beside him for a hug, which Minho gladly responds to after seconds of being stunned with the sudden lovey-dovey gesture. Jonghyun follows soon after, hugging the two of them widely with slightly a complaint of “Oaww no fair, me too!” as he dives into the hug.

 

 

Jinki smiles and walks Taemin into the trio and connects themselves into the hug, which after a while they had to break because a mashing 5 bodies together wasn’t exactly included in the word comfortable. It made them laugh nonetheless. Including Taemin.

 

Nothing in that moment could ever be taken away. Somehow, in the randomness of everything that is happening, something they couldn’t really understand, there is this spark of feeling that, in one way of another, each one of them has gotten closer.

And it was all because of a dream.

 

Better yet,

That day, Taemin made breakfast, paying close attention to Jinki hyung. laughing at Jonghyun’s attempt to snatch Jinki’s perfectly golden browned waffle.

Taemin gives him a larger one right after.

Key’s smiling eyes never faded throughout the whole scenario, mumbling about how his baby is a big boy now.

Minho…

He sat by, grinning so wide he swore his cheeks were so sore but liked it otherwise.

 

Jinki, being the one who had lead this group from the very start, was the one who was most touched. He had never been so thankful, nor had he never been so confused. Whatever reason Taemin acted the way he did, he was thankful.

 

Because no matter what happens to Shinee, if they may part ways in the future, or would they sweep all the awards possible, if they may gain more fans or die out like every other boy band in history, they’d be happy. Because as he gazed at Taemin flailing around with the waffle pan…

 

Key yelling to him to give him his piece already…

 

Minho’s silent grumbles and chuckles…

 

And Jonghyun’s obnoxious food grinding…

 

He sees everything is perfect.

 

And they never knew about Taemin’s dream that night.

But did it really matter?

 


 

A/N: Here's a happy ending for you guys in the morning :) I hope you woke up as well as I did. My present to you guys this morning, some SHINee squishing. I hope it isn't as bad as I think it is but you know...it's rushed since I have school, about now but I'm still not really in the mood to go. Not unless I post this first. Happy morning to you guys!

 

I hope they will be happy forever and ever and ever