Blue Moon

Magic in the Making
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“MINHYUK! Help!” a red haired young man runs past you screaming, closely pursued by a short, pink-haired man wielding a broom, and was that a black cat running after the two of them?

“This is the LAST time you’re touching my herb jars Jooheon!” He yells, successfully catching up with, and whacking the cowering man in front of him over the head with the broom.

“Did I miss something?” asks a third man, entering the room with a bright smile.

“Jooheon is your apprentice, Minhyuk. Why is he always messing around with my stuff?”

“I thought they were Minhyuk’s, I swear!” The red headed man holds his hands up in surrender.

“Shut it Jooheon, this is the third jar of sage you’ve broken this month.” The smaller man threatens with the broom again.

You stand there, slightly bewildered at the scene before you. The one called Jooheon eyes the broom in Kihyun’s hand cautiously before straightening up and ruffling his hair back into place. Kihyun stares down Minhyuk, and Minhyuk, much to Kihyun’s annoyance, just grins back at him.

“Kihyun, relax, the sage is fine. Hoseok should be by later and he can check up on all your plants.”

“Minhyuk, you need to discipline your apprentice.”

“Fine, Jooheon, go clean up the glass.”

“No!” Kihyun quickly whips the broom handle in front of Jooheon to stop him from moving forward. “He’s not allowed near there for the next two weeks. I refuse to have any more of my belongings broken. I’ll clean it.”

Jooheon, unsure of what to do now, glances around the shop and notices you, still frozen in doorway. “Oh, hey. How can I help you?”

“Uh, I just came to look around the shop,” you start hesitantly. “I recently moved into town and my neighbor, Shownu, recommended I come to this shop, but if this isn’t a good time I can totally come back later.”

“Oh, you’ve already met Shownu?” Kihyun asks with raised eyebrows. “I’m surprised, he’s usually pretty solitary.”

“Well, technically I haven’t actually met him yet. We’ve just exchanged notes is all.” you explain, looking between the three men in front of you.

“Oh my god, please tell me they were love notes!” exclaims Minhyuk, eyes crinkling as he giggles.

“God, Minhyuk, please don’t tease the customers. Especially new ones!” Kihyun rolls his eyes at his friend’s antics.

“Anyway,” Jooheon moves forward, “anything specific you’re looking for?”

“Not really, I just wanted to look around. Mostly, I’m hoping to meet the other witches in town. Shownu said I’d most likely meet them here.”

“Just for the record, we’re not all witches here, okay?” Minhyuk voices as he raises his hand, “I, for one, am the local shaman,” the sweeping motion from himself turns to Jooheon, “and this, is my somewhat clumsy, somewhat scaredy-cat apprentice.”

“E-e-exucse me!” splutters an indignant Jooheon, “I’m plenty brave, and I’ve only broken three things this moth.”

“For the record, all of which were mine,” grumbles Kihyun’s voice from behind the counter where he’s stooped, cleaning up the glass and dirt on the gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter