Chapter 5

Shattered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "The me from before is still here but
The lie that's gotten too big
Is trying to swallow me up"

Jimin~ Lie

Taehyung was still unconscious when the rest of the members returned from the police station. 

They decided not to press charges against the man so they wouldn't create a big fuss. 

Namjoon opened  the front door and walked in, J-Hope and Jimin trailing behind silently. 

They noticed a sleeping Taehyung on the couch all bandaged up and Jin beside him sleeping. 

Namjoon headed towards Jin and gently shook him awake.

"Hyung. Wake up please. Do you want to come with me to the hospital to get Taehyung proper stitches? If you don't that's fine. I can bring Yoongi or J-Hope instead."

Jin drowsily looked at Namjoon, then at Taehyung before becoming fully awake. 

"Wait. Let me get some stuff just in case we need to spend the night. I did the best I could to stop the bleeding."

While Jin headed to his room to pack and change his bloodied clothes, Namjoon started to talk to J-Hope and Jimin who were just watching Taehyung sleep. 

"Jimin can you pack some clothes for Taehyung and anything else he may need please?" Namjoon asked the pink haired boy. 

"Sure Hyung." Jimin replied gravely as he walked to Taehyung and Jungkook's room. 

He was still shaken up after watching Taehyung. 

I mean who wouldn't be freaked out after watching your band mate get stabbed and you can't do anything. 

He stood in front of the door and sighed softly. 

It just didn't feel right without Taehyung. 

Jimin opened the door soundlessly and he saw Jungkook moving around in Taehyung's bed, clearly not getting any sleep. 

He slowly walked over towards Taehyung's side of the room and gathered his belongings.

"Hyung. Where are you going?" Jungkook asked wide awake, silently staring at Jimin leaving the room.

"Nowhere Jungkook-ah. Just go back to sleep." Jimin tried lying to Jungkook and left the room.

Jungkook knew that was a lie so he chased after Jimin. 

When Jungkook and Jimin gathered in the living room, all the remaining members were there too. 

Yoongi couldn't go to sleep with all the noise so he gathered with the rest of them. 

"Jin hyung and I are only going to the hospital. You don't need to go if you don't want to. Just rest for a while." Namjoon explained to the members. 

"No. How can I sleep when a member of my family is injured? I'm going." Jungkook said determined. 

"Same goes for the rest of us." Jimin added. 

Jungkook and Namjoon had a heated staring contest, Namjoon hoping Jungkook would just stay with the rest of the members. Unfortunately, Jungkook was too driven to go and Namjoon finally gave in after a few moments. 

"Fine. All of you come with us then. I'm going to call a taxi. Jungkook, can you carry Taehyung to the car when it arrives? Do it very gently so he doesn't wake up." Namjoon said while getting his phone and moving outside. 

Jungkook went to Taehyung's side and gently lifted his arms around his neck to carry Taehyung on his back. After some thought he decided to carry him differently because the wound would be touching his back and would probably wake him up. 

Jungkook set Taehyung down on the couch and put one arm underneath his back and another underneath his knees, making sure not to wake Taehyung up or touch his wound. 

He stood up with Taehyung in his arms, bridal style, and moved slowly outside. 

While moving outside, Jungkook admired Taehyung's features and how peaceful he looked. 

(High-key Vkook shipper)

~

Jin was the last one out and made sure everything was locked up and headed to Namjoon and the rest where he had gotten a cab.

"Jungkook just hold Taehyung gently and make sure not to touch against his wound." Namjoon said after telling the driver where they needed to go.

Everyone filed into the driver's van Namjoon up front, Jin behind Namjoon, Jungkook and Taehyung behind the driver, and the rest in the back.

They all had masks on, so they didn't worry about their identities being released.

After making sure everyone was buckled in and Taehyung would be comfortable, they drove off towards the hospital.

~

"Thank you Ajussi for the ride."

Namjoon thanked the driver and paid him before heading inside the hospital with the others.

"May we check someone in? He got stabbed on the street and we tried doing what we could before bringing him here." Jin explained the situation to the lady at the front desk.

"Sure. I just need you to fill out some forms and I assume the unconscious young man is in need of medical attention? Bring him with me and I will prepare a room. I will notify you all when you can come in." The nurse kindly informed them and handed Jin some papers.

"Jungkook follow the nurse, the rest of you let's wait in the waiting room." Namjoon told the group.

Jungkook followed the nice nurse and J-Hope, Yoongi, and Jimin followed Namjoon and Jin to the waiting room which thankfully was empty.

As Jin was filling out the forms he came across the part asking for relatives of the patient.

'Now that I think about it... Has Tae ever talked about his parents at all? I know he has an idol brother but I don't know who it is.'

"Guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter