The War

I Know You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I decided not to add a part two to the courtroom but just include it in this chapter. t

“Do you accept the charges being laid out against you?”

“Yes, your honour.” Your voice was stable and confident, something you weren’t even feeling. You turned to look at Onew from your witness stand, only to notice him shrinking into himself and shaking violently. You knew it was coming and you knew you had to do something about it.

Without sparing much thought, you dashed out of the witness box and ran to Onew. You held his face in your hands, trying to get him to focus his eyes on you. When he did, you smiled at him reassuringly, “Shall we go now? We will still have to fight for our love though?” From the corner of your eye, you noticed the prison guards coming towards you but Onew nodded just before they got to you.

*

The room was dusty and the building was still under construction. You shook Onew awake, knowing you can’t hide there for too long. He slowly came to and panicked upon realising where you were.

“They’ve gone south for the meantime. We need to switch, you’ll have to pretend to be me so that my family takes you somewhere safe whilst I look for a place to hide.”

He shook his head frantically, “I’m not leaving your side Jade, I’m coming with you.”

“But we can’t go together. My family won’t accept you. Here,” you said, stuffing his t-shirt with a cloth to make it look like he was pregnant, “I told them I was pregnant but the father died. Just look down like you’re in mourning. They will come to greet you silently and take you away. Once they see you wearing my favourite sweater they won’t question you.”

Onew was hesitant, you could clearly see it but you couldn’t waste any more time. You went on to dress him disguising so that he looked as much like you as possible, covering his face like a woman in mourning would. You went through the identities of your relatives with him, just so that he would know who to trust and follow.

It broke your heart as you gave him a goodbye kiss, “I will follow when the soldiers pass through, in the meantime, I have to find a place to hide.”

“Ain’t I the one who should be hiding whilst you go to your family?”

“No! You don’t kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter