The CourtRoom

I Know You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey beautiful,” you heard his voice just before you felt his arms hug you from behind and pull your back tightly into his chest.

“Hey handsome,” you replied with a smile as you turned around to give him a kiss.

“So tonight is the company’s dinner and you still won’t change your mind?” He asked while staring into your eyes, as if he could read into your inner soul.

“I haven’t changed my mind Jinki. We can’t be dates tonight cause it will sell our relationship out.” You were determined to not even cause the slightest spark of suspicion about your relationship. You were apprehensive about even starting the relationship until literally the whole of Shinee intervened. The contract clearly stated that no employee should get into a relationship with another employee and especially no interactions outside business was to be done with idols and trainees.

“It’s been eight months though,” he jutted his lower lip out in a sad pout to which you tiptoed and kissed it away.

“I know honey and I’m sorry. I’ll wait for you at your apartment though, promise.”

*

That night, Onew came to his house earlier than you expected. He claimed to be tired and asked to cuddle before you both fell asleep. About midnight, you woke up cause of the discomfort of a wrong sleeping position. You blindly felt around for your boyfriend and got alarmed when your hands were met with nothing but cold sheets. It only meant he had been gone for long and so you rolled out of bed, all sleep evaded from you. You walked into the kitchen first, thinking he had probably gone for a midnight snack. He wasn’t in and neither was he in the lounge or sitting room. You rushed to the bathroom, the door was shut and the light wasn’t on. You opened the door and switched on the light in a frenzy. The sight that caught your eyes had your heart breaking.

Onew was sitting in the shower by the corner, hugging his knees and cuddled into himself. It was clear that he was crying and had been for a long time judging from the way his face looked. You ran to him but he immediately crawled away to the other side of the shower. He was sobbing loudly now and he sounded much like a baby with a deep voice.

“Jinki? W-what’s wrong babe?” You asked hesitantly from where you stood.

He shook his head forcefully. “Umma!” His voice was muffled and he was holding his head, squeezing it in as if he wanted to crush it in. he began scratching his forehead so hard he was already bleeding by the time you reached him and held his hands away from his face.

You were bewildered cause you didn’t know what was happening or what had caused him to be like this. He looked scared when he finally raised his head to look at who was holding him. “Umma!!!” this time he literally screamed and you flinched away at that. He started flapping his hands at you in an attempt to hit you and get you away. All the while he kept calling for his mother to save him.

Even though you were terrified of what was happening and had begun crying quietly, you stayed in the bathroom with him because you didn’t want to leave him alone. After what seemed like a long while, his sobs and screams finally settled down. He then looked at you and poked you quietly while sniffling and rubbing his cheeks. “You? Hurt Jinki no?”

You couldn’t comprehend what he was trying to say so you just responded in the best way you could think. You had wanted to call one of his band mates for help or even his mother but the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter