FIRST MEET

SHY GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One day in 2009 at SM cafeteria:

“You are chosen to play the main role with Heechul in TRAX’s MV tomorrow so be prepared, Victoria” informed her manager handing her the story plot.

“Neh, oppa” said Victoria smiling at him while taking the plot. It’s not the first time she played the main character in a MV so she didn’t really feel pressure but still made sure that she would do her best. She scanned through the story frowning while reading as her Korean wasn’t good enough to understand the whole story while reminding herself “It’s a sad story and I must cry. You will do well, Song Qian. Aja aja fighting!!!”

Unknowingly, someone was watching her action and he couldn’t help chuckling at her cuteness until a voice pulled him back from his own thought. “What’s so funny there?” asked Jay while turning around and taking a look since he saw his band mate chuckling when he looked at something behind his back.

“Never mind” said Jungmo calmly sipping his coffee.

“You’re weird, Jungmo” complained Jay but Jungmo just smiled at his statement.

At the shooting place:

TRAX was there earlier than their cameos to shoot their part first. Victoria also arrived 10 minutes later even though she was informed to be there 40 minutes later to shoot her part. However, she didn’t want the others to wait for her since she was just debuted and it’s no good for people to say that she is unprofessional. So being on time was a better choice. They had to film outside today and the weather wasn’t good. It’s extremely cold but TRAX still maintained their professional. They sang and played the instruments live although their sound wasn’t recorded but it’s still good as if it’s the music from the disk.

Victoria was so into the performance so she didn’t notice that Heechul had arrived until he patted her shoulder. “Hi oppa” greeted Victoria and bowed 90⁰ immediately when she recognized who was standing behind her.

“You seemed concentrated on their performance. Are they good?” asked Heechul with his hands in his pocket while he eyed on TRAX. However, he heard no response from Victoria. He turned aside and Victoria was nowhere to find.

2 minutes later, she breathed heavily handing him a cup of hot coffee “Are you cold, oppa? You can drink this”     

“I thought you disappeared already. So, you went to get this coffee for me?” asked Heechul laughing out loud while Victoria nodded catching her breath. “Thank you. Next time, let the coordies do it. You’re stealing their jobs, you know?” said Heechul grinning while sipping the coffee. It’s the best when drinking hot coffee in the cold weather. “What do you think about them?” asked Heechul while enjoying the music.

“They’re really good and this song is really good, too” commented Victoria couldn’t take her eyes off the emotional guitarist. 

“Let’s try our best to make the MV pretty as their song” said Heechul to Victoria and she nodded in agree.

When TRAX was done with their part, they walked toward Heechul and had a small talk. “Heechul, long time no see” said Jay while giving him a friend hug “Thank you for helping us”

“I really love the song. It’s really good” commented Heechul happily “Do you meet your female cameo yet? Let me introdu---” he paused when he turned aside and found Victoria disappear again “Ehhhh? Where is she? Aish, this girl is really something” complained Heechul scratching the back of his head. Minutes later, Victoria appeared with 2 cups of hot coffee on her hands. “Sunbaenims, these are for you” said Victoria handing Jay and Jungmo the coffee which made them shocked but still they took the cups from her.

“Yah!!! I told you not to run around and give coffee to people” shouted Heechul knocking lightly on Victoria’s head. They’re close since Sulli was close to him and she asked him to take care of Victoria when shooting with her. Their action made TRAX laugh. Then Heechul introduced “This is f(x) Victoria – our company’s new debut idol” and Victoria gave TRAX her significant bow greeting like a robot “Hello, I’m f(x) Victoria” which made TRAX giggle more at her cuteness.

“I’m Jay” Jay introduced himself extending his hand for a shake while Jungmo did the same “I’m Jungmo”

Victoria stared at their hands, not know whom she shook hands with first. She looked at Jay then back to Jungmo then back to their hands. After a few time of turning her head from side to side, she extended her hands crossing them and shook hands with the two at the same time which made both of them even Heechul laugh harder. She looked at them weirdly, not knowing why they’re laughing. After the introduction, she stepped backward and stood behind Heechul creating a distance with TRAX. She is not good at making new friends and she doesn’t feel comfortable with people she is not close with. It’s time for Victoria and Heechul to filming. Their stylists took the coat off so that they started acting. Victoria couldn’t help trembling when the coat was not on her. She only wore a thin white dress in a cold weather. However, she tried her best to control her emotion and act being sad when Heechul told her to break up like which was written in the story. They didn’t make any NGs and they were filmed more smoothly than expect. Everyone in the filming place even the director was amazed at Victoria’s acting skill as she was just a new comer and usually most of the new comers always make mistakes.

“Good job, Victoria. Keep it up in the coming part” complimented the director patting her shoulder.

“Thank you. I’ll try my best” said Victoria giving him a bow then she tried to catch up Heechul. She just wanted to get in the van immediately and wore her coat. Her body was shaking like crazy now. On the way to the van, she saw Jungmo walking to her. She stopped and bowed him then she was about to pass by, Jungmo suddenly talked to her “Are you cold?”

“I…I’m…f- fine” replied Victoria with her shaking voice which made him chuckle. His smile melted her heart but now she had no time for it. The weather was killing her.  

“Drink this. It’ll warm you up” ordered Jungmo handing her hot coffee then he walked next to her and put a coat on her. Victoria was surprised at his action. She looked up and staring at his handsome face while he was smiling warmly at her. Realizing the awkward, Victoria looked down at her coffee saying “Thank you, sunbaenim” then silence formed between them.

“How old are you?” asked Jungmo walking along with Victoria.

“I’m 22” answered Victoria formally.

“You’re too formal, you know? Let’s be friend” suggested Jungmo.

“Ah…neh, sunbaenim” replied Victoria like a machine.

“Sunbaenim!?! Didn’t we agree to be friends? So from now on, call me oppa ‘cause I’m 2 years older than you” said Jungmo grinning.

“A-araso, o-oppa” stuttered Victoria after thinking awhile.

“Good girl!” commented Jungmo patting her head making her blush.

They went to the studio to filming the second part. Lucky for them, this time they would shoot inside a house. Victoria had to cry as if she suffered the pain of being abandoned and she succeeded. Everyone was satisfied as they did a good job. The staffs cleaned up the studio and left.

“Are you going back to the dorm now, Victoria? My manager will drive you there” asked Heechul as he was gonna go to his next schedule.

“I’ll stay here for a bit, oppa. You go first since you’re busy. I’ll call my manager to pick me up” said Victoria while bowing to him.

“B-but Sulli told m---” Heechul was about to continue then Jungmo whispered something to his ear and he nodded then informed Victoria “Then I go first. Good bye, Victoria”

“Neh. Goodbye, oppa” said Victoria waving at him then he and Jungmo disappeared from her sight. She walked to the bed she was filmed while ago and lay down on it. Closing her eyes for them to rest as she had cried so much for the MV, they’re swollen and tired now. Suddenly, something cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter