MARK POV

Little Angel

“Hey Mark, did you see the news?” Jackson said to me as I walked into the kitchen. Yes of course I saw the news, when did I ever not check up on Lena. Plus, I was there last night. I knew she knew I was there we had made eye contact the second before she disappeared. When the lights , my world was not the same. My mind was everywhere all I could think of was if she was safe. But, I had no way to get to her.

 

“No, I didn’t Jackson. What’s up?” I pretended I had no idea, I didn’t want to show him my weakness. I didn't want him to see me almost to my breaking point. After that disastrous night three months ago, I wasn’t ready to let them know my pains.

 

“Hyung, Lena Lee disappeared. No one knows where she went, not even her parents. Her agency said that she just vanished after the lights went out. Have you talked to her recently? You guys were close weren’t you?” Jackson rambled as he tried to stuff bread into his mouth as we all got ready for our first schedule today. I really wanted to say that we were close. Closer than what everyone else thought we were. She wasn’t just my best friend; she was my soul mate.

 

I can still remember the day we met. Exactly 3 years ago, today would have also been our one-year anniversary. I had gone to visit a few friends in New York when we finally had a few days of break. It had been a while since I had been and a visit was long overdue.

 

Will had picked me up from the airport and sitting in the passenger seat was Lena. I was surprised she was there. I had thought Will already had a girlfriend, Pem. I met her a few months back when I visited home, he had brought her along.

 

“Hey man, who’s that in the front seat? Your new girlfriend? You didn't tell me!” as Will helped me to put my luggage in the trunk.

 

“Man, she’s just a friend. Pem’s best friend actually. Had to drive her somewhere today. If Pem heard you she would be pissed, you know? Haha” Will said with a hint of mischief.

 

I hadn't known what he meant then, but I soon realized Pem had wanted to set us up. I wasn’t opposed, Lena was beautiful and her soft smile told me she had an amazing personality to match. I wouldn’t say it was love at first site, but I was definitely taken by her.

 

As I got into the backseat, she hadn’t even turned around. She was so immersed in her music I had thought she was asleep. I didn’t know if she knew who I was if she even knew what Kpop was. I could only hope she didn't know, selfishly hoping I can finally meet someone who met me as just Mark. Not GOT7’s Mark, but Mark Tuan the boy from California.

 

When Will started driving, she finally turned her head and took out her headphones.

 

“Oh, Will I didn’t realize you already picked up your friend. Hi, I’m Lena. Nice to meet you! Sorry I was just listening to some new songs I downloaded today.” I could see her faint blush as she turned and introduced herself. It was cute.

 

“No worries, I’m Mark. Nice to meet you too!” I tried to put on my best smile, but the awkward me surfaced and I was afraid I just looked strained.

 

“We’re gonna meet Pem at Ippudo, is that alright with you Mark? Or do you want to settle at your hotel first?” Leave it to Will to cut off our conversation.

 

“That’s fine, I’m starving. You know how airplane food is. It’s never great.”

 

“Hey! Don’t complain Mr. Worldstar, flying business class.”

 

If Lena had questioned Will’s comment she said nothing and went back to listening to her music. 

 

That was my first encounter with Lena, little did we know our relationship would turn into something none of us had planned for.