LENA POV

Little Angel

“Hey Lena, we’re all set to go!” said the stage manager as he briefly looked at me before turning around and talking into his headset again.

 

Today’s the day. The day that everything changes. I am not sure what the future holds, but after today nothing will be the same.

 

I sighed as I looked myself in the mirror one last time, checking my outfit and my makeup one last time. It all looked foreign, was this really me? My split second of doubt was clouded by memories. Memories of hard work during training for moments like these, happy days of preparing for my fantasy to come true. But in the end, was this really what I had hoped for? Would it all be worth it in the end?  

 

My thoughts were interrupted as I faintly heard my name as it called me back to reality.

 

“Lena, you got to go. Five minutes left before show time and we’re already running late. You can’t keep them waiting any longer.” My manager scolded me as if these delays were my fault. 

 

“Yes Mr. Manager-nim, I’m ready to go,” I said with a hint of annoyance, generating a side glance from him. I took another look in the mirror, put on my earpiece and walked through the doors.

 

“10 seconds everybody, get into place!” shouted the stage manager. From my spot I can see the thousands of people in the audience, already cheering as lights started to dim.

 

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1……

 

The music starts playing and I was overtaken by the rhythm, my body starts moving on its own. One step to the right, one step back, my body having a mind of its own. Taking me through the choreography I had drilled into my muscles for the past few months. Not missing a step and not falling out of rhythm. Then the music starts to slow, and I know it’s time. My mind is racing hoping I do not mess up these last few seconds, just a few more seconds and everything will change.

 

All of a sudden all the lights go out, the music stops. I can hear the stage manager shuffling to figure out what happened. Then I start moving, just like my choreography, these movements I have also drilled inside me in the past few weeks.

 

In a swift movement, I began moving my way to the back of the stage. Taking two steps to my right I find the latch, my escape. I stop for a split second, part of me second guessed my decision. Can I really do this? Can I leave all this behind? The I see him, right in the front row. I knew I had sensed his presence when I took my first step onto the stage. Seeing him made my decision clear. I needed to do this, I needed to do this for both of our futures. So I lifted the latch and jumped through the opening into the unknown.

 

[BREAKING NEWS: Pop Star Lena Lee disappeared after stage lights mysteriously turned off]

Last night at the 2017 Dream Concert at Seoul Stadium, the stage lights mysteriously

turned off after Lena’s first song had ended. Stage managers and staff worked rapidly to

find the source of the issue and finally turned the lights on after a few minutes of

darkness. But Lena was gone, as the lights turned back on Lena was no longer standing

on the stage. Fans said they didn’t see any movements; it was like she just vanished into

thin air. Just a few moments before she was dancing amazingly like every performance

she every puts on, not a single mistake was made. All her fans and are now in mourning,

hoping nothing bad happened to the nation’s Popstar Lena Lee.

 

Lena Lee, age 20, was born in Taipei along with her older brother. At the young age of 5,

Lena moved to New York as her father’s work had relocated to Long Island. Having lived

in a small town, Lena always said she never imagined herself performing in front of so

many people, but it had always been a fantasy of hers. After graduating high school

from her small town, Lena began attending Parson’s New School in hopes to pursue a

career in Fashion. She said in many interviews she always loved dressing up, always had

a passion for mixing and matching different items she would find with friends while at

thrift shops. It was one day while Lena was strolling through Central Park that a talent

manager from her agency took notice of her, and then begins her journey to pop-

stardom.

 

            Her agency was contacted just this morning in hopes to learn some news in regards to

Lena’s disappearance. Their official statement states that even her manager has no idea

what happened, he had sent her off to begin her show and when the lights turned off

she had disappeared. “We regrettably have no new information in regards to Lena’s

whereabouts. We have contacted her family and informed them of the situation. When

we have more news we will hold a press conference.” Stay tuned as we try and uncover

the mysterious disappearance of pop star Lena Lee.

 

I read through the article, again and again, it really happened. I’m finally free. My plan had worked, now I can start my new life. Away from all the craziness, away from my toxic agency and all the people who held me back. I can find myself once more, and create a new life for myself and the little angel inside me.

 

This is for the best, I assured myself. I never truly wanted to become famous, it was only a fantasy. But he had encouraged me to, he said I had the talent to make it big. Well, he wasn’t wrong, I did make it big. I became the most popular artist in just the span of a few months. But it all changed that one fateful night three months ago.