Chapter 3

Moondust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moondust Chapter 3

 

Song For This Chapter// SugarBurn by Jaymes Young

 

“You call me out of my slumber like a ghost laying down in my bed
. Fill my room with lightning and thunder
. Make your veins run hard on my chest
. But in the morning when the sun hits my eyes 
the memories of you will disappear into the night” ~ SugarBurn

 

BoGum’s POV
 

I stood in the middle of the street, holding onto someone’s hand so tightly as if I was scared of letting go. The streetlamps were broken and unlit. However within the darkness I was able to recognize the silhouette of a man. The second I perceived his face and the glint of the blade he was gripping, it was as though a force propelled me into the opposite direction and flying in the air.

 

“RUN!” I shouted, running as far away as I could from that man while holding onto YooJung. Fear was the only thing pumping through my veins as YooJung and I ran for our lives. The quiet town streets were empty with not a single person walking around and the lights were all off. We ran into the alleyways, trying to find somewhere to seek refuge in.

 

“Leave. You’re not the one he’s looking for.” YooJung demanded in a low determined voice with fierceness in her eyes.

 

“No. I’m not leaving you.” I adamantly shook my head, pulling on her hand as I stealthily continued to run. Then suddenly I could hear the sound of footsteps and the horror was palpable. The only thing around was a tarp covering the bricks near a construction site. My instinct was to hide underneath the tarp. YooJung’s hand covered my mouth, for we couldn’t risk my lagged breathing to be heard. YooJung’s resilience struck me as she managed to stay silent despite the tremendous fear. I was paralyzed by the fear and the sound of his footsteps, knowing what the outcome would be if he ever found us. I lifted my head to look at YooJung, whose hands were shaking as her eyes were glazed over in terror.


I was prompted to glance down at my hands by this sticky sensation on my fingers. My eyes were hazy for some reason. A black rim outlined my view as I blinked slowly and finally saw my right hand clearly. Thick, crimson blood droplets hued with black were falling from my fingers to the ground in a pool of blood. I doubted my own perceptions until my eyes landed on a YooJung. The blood profusely seeping from her chest wound sullied her clothes. Her body was slack against the concrete wall.

 

Within the blink of an eye, I managed to wake myself up and snap out of the nightmare. For a second I was paralyzed by solely fear. My body was static while my eyes resisted the urge to blink. I was petrified that even blinking would resume that horrendous nightmare. I couldn’t close my eyes. I was utterly consumed by the nightmare that slithered into my mind.  The thoughts that consumed my mind were that YooJung was dead, but in fact she wasn’t. YooJung’s dead. YooJung is dead. Mentally I was having a full-blown panic attack while my body was lying in bed motionlessly.  

 

My mind was still trapped in that nightmare, but my physical being was safely at home. I failed to realize that I was safe until I compelled myself to focus on my surroundings. My phone was charging on my nightstand with a glass of water and an aspirin pill. My gray sheets were up to my chest and my socks were thrown on the floor. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter