Chapter 7

Moondust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moondust Chapter 7

 

Song for this chapter// Perfectly Wrong by Shawn Mendes

 

“When you break my heart open. I need you more than I know. Oh, and I can't resist when you're up against my skin. I never want to let you go. You're perfectly wrong for me. And that's why it's so hard for me.”

 

SoHyun’s POV
 

“We should pitch in for YooJung. The only way we can keep her safe is by helping her with her debt. What do you think?” I suggested to Sungjae.

 

“I don’t mind getting another part time job. I actually got an offer to work at Tiffany’s thanks to my good looks.”  My boyfriend gleefully boasted me as I chuckled at him. I swept his hair that was falling into his eyes away saying, “All we can do is just be there for them. That’s what we’ve done before.”

 

“You’re right, but I just wish BoGum would forgive YooJung already. It’s been so long and she had a justifiable reason to leave. He should understand that.” Sungjae was lamenting over the fact that BoGum hadn’t gotten used to YooJung’s arrival. I wanted BoGum to forgive YooJung too but I understood that BoGum was hurt very deeply.

 

“They had plenty of time to heal from their physical wounds, but not from their emotional ones. We don’t know what unspeakable things those two suffered that night. We can’t possibly understand what they went through. I actually think BoGum is still hurting.” I commented pensively while Sungjae nodded in response with his smile completely diminished.

 

I remembered how painful it was for us not knowing what had happened to them. The nurses that prevented us from seeing them only exacerbated our worries. Were they alive or dead? No one told us anything that night.  It was a night I wish never happened. I never thought I would have to witness the mortality in my friends at such a young age.

 

 

 

BoGum’s POV
 

It was dark. No, dark wasn’t even an adequate word to describe this. I couldn’t see anything. There were no intermittent flashes of light or colors that would help me puzzle together a figure or even a shadow. It was the type of darkness and lack of visual acuity that only blind people would be accustomed to. I couldn’t see a single thing except for this solid black color. My head began to hurt from the mental strain I was exerting in an attempt to seek out color and light. Did I see a flash of light? Or was I suffering delusions? My focus on my vision shifted briefly toward my breathing. I felt like I was suffocating on my own breaths. A scream burst out from my own throat as the fear crept in and grasped my entire being. 

 

My own scream woke me up and my body swayed forward as I remained sitting up. However I began to shudder, immediately caving in toward myself and pulling the blanket over my body. It was back. For a while it’s been okay. But now it was seeping back into my bones and freezing my heart. The pain was growing over the surface of my heart, covering more and more as the days went by. It was incapacitating and ineluctable. Groaning, I buried my face into my pillow as a tear stained the pillowcase. It was all YooJung’s fault. She was back.

 

I grabbed the outfit that I had laid out the night before from the hanger of my closet. It was an all black suit. With a heavy heart, I began to do my tie, looping the black fabric through and through and securing it onto my neck. I passed by my desk, which had a pile of my binders and assignments on. I would have to turn in my assignments late tomorrow.

 

“Can I have a bouquet of peonies? Yellow ones, please.” I told the florist as I waited for her to prepare the bouquet. With the peonies firmly in my grasp, I walked through the cemetery. My heart lurched with every step as I neared my parents’ grave. I kneeled down and bowed to them before cleaning up their dunes. I plucked the weeds and threw away the dying flowers from my previous visit. I fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter