Wondergirl

Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II. WONDERGIRL


 


 

Song Jennie should have never left Auckland - but then again she would be still Kim Jennie. How did that all happen?

She was perfectly happy and had everything – she knew that well. Brains, looks, style, wealth, extraordinary personality and a life many could just dream of. Was she arrogant? No, she was just smart and she knew facts - even if others could not accept them.

She was a popular fashion blogger, always invited to big music festivals, hanging out with celebrities, drinking champagne for breakfast and exclusively advertising Vans on Instagram. Then she flew to Seoul to attend some fashionweek afterparty and saw the man that got her doomed forever, she knew that.

Song Mino, the founder of PARTEA – the party search application – was a full package, just like her. Hardworking, handsome, self-confident, smart, witty and with the smile to die for.

Love was something exotic to her and the impact was so big that she decided to stay and never leave Song Mino's side.

Well, that was the perfect and running plan until two days ago - when she lost memory for few hours after her wedding night just to wake up from her sleep or trance practically bathing in blood and the remaining parts of the hotel maid's corpse, facing dozen of police officers.

And now?

Now she kept on clutching the coat she got from that tall, skinny guy at the entrance just moments ago. She wanted to drown in the piece of clothing, trying to forget the view of her ruined wedding dress.

Another heavy sob escaped her full lips.

“Mrs. Song, do you hear me?”

Jennie shook her head, single tears falling somewhere around her face. She was crying nonstop from the last 30 hours or even longer. Honestly, she lost the track.

Looking up she saw a smiling, handsome man, dressed in a typical, white apron. His face was very kind, probably the most of all she saw recently.

“Mrs. Song, would you like something warm to drink?”

“Y-Yes. P-Ple-Please” her voice was barely a whisper and the man smiled yet again, nodding his head. They were somewhere on the 1st floor with few other people – three men dressed in rather heavy looking, dark outfits and another female doctor, with red hair and pretty, dolly face. They all looked incredibly calm, although aware of their surroundings and ready to react if necessary.

“Mrs. Song, I am truly sorry for the circumstances you were put in” the redhead doctor, Park Bom, said “You are in shock caused by the police officers and the way they have clearly treated you so it has nothing to do with your mental state. We can't perform any audition as for now” she signaled Jennie and three guards to follow her to, probably, stairs. Jennie did not know but she quickly decided to follow. At least they let her walk.

“We will get you a room, something to eat, drink and change” the doctor continued while walking and reaching one of the doors at the massive corridor of higher floor “Doctor Chaeyoung will assist you in few moments”

“Thank you” Jennie, for the first time, smiled just when she was pushed on the wall behind her back with a loud thud, her head banging against it and the coat dropping on the floor.

There was a chaos, that was sure, but the only thing she saw was a pair of dark eyes, furrowed eyebrows, gritted teeth and dark blond hair. Who was this guy? He was not there just a second ago. And why was he pinning her to the wall, his outer forearm hardly pushing on her clavicles?

She never made any sound as he leaned closer to her.

“We're the same” he hissed against her skin before biting it.

“You ing psycho!” Jennie screamed and before the crazy man was dragged back she managed to reached him with her palm, her nails leaving three scratches on his temple and brow, the blood running down his face.

And then something clicked as Jennie kept on observing the crimson. She tilted her head softly, concentrating only on that and completely ignoring the bruised man on the floor held by three man, or the redhead doctor who was shaking her.

“Mrs. Song! Mrs. Song! Are you alright?” the voice echoed somewhere before Jennie snapped back to reality “Mrs. Song?”

Jennie just nodded at her frantically before turning to look at the blond attacker. She registered one of the guards injecting something in his neck while he was still down but his growls and shrieks never stopped.

“Mr. Jung!” doctor Park Bom's voice somehow went through the man's cries “How did that happen?! What is V doing here?”

V?

“I am truly sorry doctor Park!”

Jennie spotted another guard. He was pretty skinny and had a face that was not shaped to have a worried or shocked expression – like the one now.

“The medicine kicked so I took him out of the isolation cell to have a walk in the garden! We took the stairs and he...” the newest guard continued and then looked at Jennie awkwardly, not sure what to say “And we spotted you from the other side of the corridor but since the lady here has a...Well...Um...A bloody dress...He just got away from my grip and-”

“That's enough” doctor Park raised her hand and looked at the attacker, finally silent and practically immobile “Please take him back to the ward and set the cameras for the next 24 hours”

“Yes ma'am” he sighed, bowed and approached the man, V, lifting him like he weighted nothing. Jennie looked after them with widened eyes, her body shaking again.

“Mrs. Song, shall we?” doctor Park Bom opened the doors and signaled her to follow. Jennie stood inside a bright, tidy but modest room with nothing but single bed, desk, plastic chair, little sink but no mirror and a grated window.

Suddenly the realization and some kind of satire hit her, the fear quickly gone. No, it was not a dream, hangover or one of her friend's trademark jokes – she really was about to be locked in a psychiatric hospital.

“You have to be ing kidding me”


 


 


 

MEANWHILE


 


 


 

Jisoo locked the doors as soon as she was seated inside the car. Her legs hurt from the sustained run from the 11th floor and her vision was blurred because of tears filling her eyes.

“” she hissed and then realized her hands were too shaky to even put the key in “, , , !” she yelled while hitting the wheel violently. What the hell was going on? She could not recall the last time she was that scared. Without thinking much she put her iPhone out of her bra, dialing the number she knew by heart.

Five signals.

“Jisoo honey” the sweet voice answered “I'm very busy right n-”

“When did you plan to tell me about Min Yoongi? Or should I say Suga?!” she screamed to the phone, meeting nothing but a long pause in the answer “Well?!”

“Baby, it's really not the best time”

“It's never the best time for you mom!” she fumed “Split personality, really?! Chaerin's son? Should I know something more before he will ing kill me?!”

“Jisoo, calm down” Sandara Kim's voice was warm but confident “He will not kill you, actually he will not harm you in any way. Yoongi controls Suga and Suga is not dangerous”

“But he-wait, what?”

“Yes” Sandara chuckled “Yoongi goes freely between himself and Suga...Maybe he just wanted to tease you?”

“T-Tease me?” Jisoo blinked her eyes.

“He does that sometimes, he's a playful young man and you're a very beautiful girl. I am sure he meant no harm”

“No harm? Mom, he-he...My God” she felt stupid.

True, Yoongi, or rather Suga, was checking her out like there was no tomorrow but actually was that really something unnatural? She was experiencing that almost each time she entered a bar, shop or even a post office – the eyes of all males were always glued to her. Still Suga did not say anything dodgy, he did not follow her, hell, he actually was standing few meters away without moving a finger.

She just panicked.

Jisoo took a deep breath and heard her mother's laughter.

“You haven't read his files, have you? You've never been the one to follow the rules but really, be more competent when you have a one-on-one case...” Sandara continued “I am Yoongi's leading neurologist since he got diagnosed at the age of 4 so I couldn't tell you. Physician-patient privilege”

“Yeah yeah, I know” a loud sigh escape “I'm sorry”

“Don't be. Just go through his files, know him better, report and don't be scared. Split personality is rare but you can handle it. Still, if you feel it's too much just ask to quit, Jiyong will understand”

Jisoo's eyebrow perked, not really processing her mother's words. Quit?

“Not on my watch”

“But honey, please remember that Yoongi has thr-”

She ended the call and started the car, planning a quick trip home to take a proper shower and grab some books.

Still something was bothering her – if Yoongi was really in control of Suga then how come his recognition point was 'out of scale'? Did it mean that Suga was a fully formed being who just happened to develop in Yoongi's body? Two people sharing one frame – that was mindblowing. She will have to talk to Chaeyoung later.


 


 

LATER


 


 

Jennie was more than glad for the new clothes she got from the young doctor, Park Chaeyoung. She even tried to start a conversation somehow, but the pretty strawberry blonde urged her to take some rest before she did her a blood test, assisted to the shower (with few guards naturally) and gave half a dose of Paxil before dinner. She was even ready to stitch Jennie's cheek but apparently the madman, V, did not bite her deep enough.

“We will try to audition you tomorrow when the police and your lawyer will come” doctor Park flashed that soft smile of hers “Until then I am sorry, but you can't leave this room unless it's necessary. The buzzer to call a nurse is by the doors”

“What will happen to me next?” Jennie asked, trying to ignore the massive urge to ask about Mino, feeling a bit upset over the fact that he was not mentioned in the upcoming audition “How does it work?”

“Mrs. Song, you are accused of murder but since you are diagnosed with depression and you still take medications we need to check if you were mentally aware of your actions. The rest is in the court's hands as you will face the lawsuit anyway”

“I'm innocent! Someone is setting me up!” Jennie suddenly snapped but quickly covered “I'm sorry, really, I'm just-”

“Tired” Chaeyoung nodded “I know the situation is overwhelming but at least try to rest”

With that she bid her goodbyes and approached the exit but Jennie called her again.

“Doctor Park, I know it's a lot to ask but could you...Could you give me your phone for a second? I need to call my husband”

Chaeyoung felt like her heart was breaking for the second time today. First Jeon Jungkook and now Song Jennie. Honestly, sometimes she wished she was as eager to break the rules as Jisoo.

“I am sorry Mrs. Song” she truly was “But even the staff can't enter the hospital with their phones - we communicate only through pagers. But tomorrow, together with police assistance, you will be able to make a phone call from here”

“Can you promise?”

Park Chaeyoung was lost upon seeing the young woman. She was so scared and confused, constantly crying and evidently missing her husband. Not to mention that she spent only few minutes in the St. John's Asylum but she already had a misfortune to meet V from all people.

Guilty or not, no one deserved a day like that.

“I promise”

Jennie finally felt a little better after hearing the doctor's soothing but firm words. When this big farce will be over she will have to treat her for some dinner, really.

And just when doctor Park Chaeyoung left something hit Jennie. A vision or maybe a memory flashed before her eyes for a nanosecond.

It was her and she held something in her hand. Was that a knife?


 

Stop looking at my husband like that you !


 

Jennie quickly snapped back to reality, shaking her head and processing she was still alone in the asylum's room. The tears started to fall as she collapsed on the floor, hiding her head in han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter