FOUR

Secret Love ~ A Kim Jongdae Short Story

 

No One's POV:

Chanyeol came straight home after Jongdae had left him. He was in sour mood right now. His best friend was supposedly mad at him and his sister hadn't come home yet even though it's been a while since he himself did, which worried him. Amidst all this, he'd forgotten to take back his notes from Jongdae. So, he was sure to fail tomorrow's test and that wasn't going to sit well with his parents.

He hated how things happened today. He had no intention of hurting anybody and didn't want it to be like this. He thought what he did was right, at least in the long run. He knew if they'd continue dating and then broke up in the future, it would be so awkward and he'd hate his friend for hurting his sister and he just didn't want to deal with all that drama.

He sighed and looked at the clock. It was almost 7 p.m. Nearly 2 hours since he'd come home and Y/n wasn't back yet. He was really getting worried now. But then again, his mother hadn't said anything. So maybe Y/n was at her friends' place or something. He hoped that was true.

He went downstairs to grab a bite to eat when the main door opened and Y/n walked in. He turned to her, a big goofy smile on his face about to annoy her as usual but the smile vanished as soon as he saw her. Her face was sullen, her eyes red and puffy. She definitely had been crying a lot.

"Y/n-", he made a move to talk, but she just walked past him and headed to her room, not at all acknowledging him.

Chanyeol was surprised and confused. Was she still upset? He wondered. He shrugged and wandered into the kitchen to give her some space.

Later that night when they were having dinner, Chanyeol noticed that Y/n was missing. Curious, he asked his mother about it.

"She said she wasn't feeling hungry. She'll eat a little later", his mother replied.

Chanyeol just nodded, not thinking anything of it and focused on his dinner.

After dinner, Chanyeol had started feeling a little restless and so he decided to speak to Y/n. He tried to open her bedroom door only to find it locked (from the inside), something that is rare. The siblings had never felt the need to lock their doors unless they were changing etc., letting the other to walk in as they please.

So, when Chanyeol tried the door he was surprised to find it locked. He called out to her softly, but there was no response. There didn't seem to be any light visible from underneath the door. So, he assumed that maybe she'd slept already, which was another surprise since she usually slept quite late.

He sighed, frustrated about the whole thing and walked back to his room. He hoped everything would be alright tomorrow.

 

**********

 

Chanyeol got dressed for school, dreading it because of the test which he was going to fail. He comes downstairs and grabs some breakfast.

"Y/n!! get dressed already! I don't want to be late", he yells out, only to get no response.

"Y/n-"

"Stop shouting! She left for school already" his mother told him.

"What?!", he was surprised. They almost always went to school together.

"She left, said something about an assignment. Now are you going to eat or else you'll be late."

Chanyeol silently ate his breakfast wondering about Y/n.

***********

Chanyeol reached school on time and headed straight for his gang's usual meeting place. He was getting frustrated and needed advice on this situation with his sister and only his friends could help him. He had called her on the way to school but she didn't pick his call, which only agitated his nerves.

He arrived only to see that Jongdae was missing.

"Where's Jongdae?" he asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged while Baekhyun needed answers of his own.

"What happened yesterday? We never heard from you. Did you get the notes?"

In all his frustration, Chanyeol had sort of forgotten about the test.

"Aish! No, I - I'm going to fail!" he groaned.

"Finally! Took him long enough" Sehun spoke up looking away from them.

They all turned to where he was looking at to see Jongdae enter the building.

"Hey Jon-...dae..." Baekhyun trailed as Jongdae walked right past them without a single glance.

"What's gotten into him?" Baekhyun questioned. Kyungsoo shook his head and Sehun shrugged.

"Ah Chanyeol-ah, don't you want your notes back?" Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol, however, could care less about his notes right now. His mind was buzzing with thoughts on how he might have potentially screwed things up.

By the time lunch had rolled in, Chanyeol's stress levels had hit the peak. Jongdae was ignoring him. He neither spoke nor looked at him and sat far away from him rather than his usual seat. The one-time Jongdae did look at him, all he did was glare at Chanyeol. He had screwed up the test, which he did expect to happen but that doesn't mean he's okay with it. Aside from that, he still hadn't spoken to Y/n, which started to worry him.

He was at the cafeteria, having lunch with his gang. Jongdae of course was not sitting with them.

"Ok seriously. What is going on with Jongdae?", Kyungsoo asked out loud.

"Beats me. He must be really pissed though, for him to stay away from us for so long" Sehun replied.

"Sehun" Chanyeol spoke up after a while, "have you spoken to Y/n yet?"

"Nope. Not yet. We have class together in the afternoon. Why?"

"Uh... nothing, just like that."

"Aww... you're worried about her." Baekhyun mused.

"Of course, I am. She's my sister!" Chanyeol spit out.

The others were surprised by his sudden raised tone and quietly ate their lunch.

Sehun didn't have much luck with Y/n either. She came to class barely spoke to him. When class was finished, she grabbed her things and left as soon as possible. He followed her of course, only to be stopped and asked to leave her alone. But being the brat that he was, he didn't listen and was glued to her side, but only after promising not to say anything to Chanyeol.

 

**********

 

Y/n had been spending time at one of her most favorite places - the library. Every day it was the same. Early mornings, during lunch and after school in the evenings, you'd find her curled up in a corner, reading a book or doing her homework.

That way she could avoid everybody and distract herself from the breakup she was going through. Sehun would accompany her at times, pester her as usual. However, he did notice the change in her and would keep the annoyingness to a low. He didn't want to upset her further.

Whenever Chanyeol would ask him about her, he'd just say that she was fine. Sehun knew something big had happened between Y/n and Chanyeol as they had never gone without speaking to each other for so long. They'd fight but they'd make up soon. So, this was really surprising.

And he didn't know where Jongdae fit in all this as he wasn't speaking to any of them either. Sehun wanted to ask Y/n about it, but he didn't press her. He knew if she wanted to talk she would.

Jongdae was a mess. He was upset and angry. He was pissed at Chanyeol and wanted to avoid him at all costs, in fear that he'd do something stupid like punch him. He really needed his friends but it was near impossible to talk to them since Chanyeol was always around. Besides he didn't want to explain the whole situation to them either.

He would try to talk to Y/n, try to meet her in the hallways, call and text her, but she'd always escape. He didn't believe that it was over for them, that she'd be over him so soon. He wanted her back, wanted to apologize to her and make things right. He didn't really care about his friendship with Chanyeol anymore. It was sort of broken now anyways. All he wanted was her. But it seemed like Y/n was hell bent on keeping them apart.