ONE

Secret Love ~ A Kim Jongdae Short Story

Y/n' s  POV:

I walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat. I found a bunch of packets of chips and other stuff. I grabbed a packet of cookies and started munching on one when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to find my giant of a brother Chanyeol.

"Y/n! That's not for you to eat!", he said pointing to the packet of cookies.

"But I'm hungry!" I whined.

"The guys are going to be here any minute now! You can't...." he stopped talking, eyes widening. I followed his line of sight and looked down to my clothes. I was wearing my usual – tank top and shorts.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING???!!!" Chanyeol bellowed, his veins almost popping out.

"Geez stop shouting! Giant loudspeaker. And what is wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked, my eyes narrowing.

"Go change! Now! Hurry, the boys will be here soon." Chanyeol said pushing me out of the kitchen.

"Oof!" I elbowed Chanyeol to stop him. Our heights might have a huge difference but I'm just as stubborn as him, if not worse. Baekhyun always joked that I was a mixture of Sehun and Kyungsoo – sassy and likes to whack people.

"Why do I have to change clothes?! They are your friends not mine. I don't have to dress up for those idiots." I said folding my arms.

"Well, why do you have to wear such short shorts? I don't want them to see you like this!" Chanyeol was very protective of me, his 'baby sister' as he's always called me, and had been that way since we were kids. It didn't matter whether it was his friends or others, he never let any boys go near me.

As much as I loved that side of Chanyeol, sometimes it drove me crazy which would lead me to rebel against him in any which way possible. This was turning into one of those situations.

"Did you hear yourself?" I said getting angry. "They are called "shorts" for a reason ! And these aren't even that short" I said pointing to my shorts.

"I can't help it if your friends are a bunch of erts!" I retorted.

"Why can't you listen to me for once?!!"

"Why can't you leave me alone?!!"

This continued for a while until the doorbell rang. Chanyeol panicked and half dragged half carried me and shoved me up the stairs.

"You stay in your room and don't come out unless I tell you to!" he said.

"Whatever!" I stormed off to my room and slammed the door shut.

 

**********

 

3 hours later:

I was in my room watching videos on my laptop. Chanyeol and his friends were playing video games and what not in his room and causing a lot of ruckus. Our parents weren't home and I knew it was useless to tell them to keep it down.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. Now, if that was Chanyeol or even Baekhyun or Sehun, they would have just barged into the room. So, this surprised me. It definitely could not be Kyungsoo because he hardly ever speaks to me, which left...

I was about to get up from my bed when my door sprang open and Sehun barged in. I had a mini heart attack and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Sehun flopped down on my bed and smiled at me, placing his head on my lap.

"Hi Y/n!" he said poking my nose.

"Hi?!" I grabbed a pillow and whacked him with it.

"You scared me, you big dork!" I said hitting him again.

"Ya!!" Sehun defended himself. "Stop or else I'll start tickling you." He warned.

I dropped the pillow immediately and gave him a look that said, "don't you dare".

"Oooh Yeol's going to be very angry Sehunnie." I looked up to see Baekhyun standing at my door, smirking evilly.

Before I could say anything, I heard my brother's voice asking, "Why would I get angry?"

I knew what would happen if Chanyeol caught Sehun, who had his head on my lap once again. Sehun knew too, which is why he made himself more comfortable. That little piece of...

Chanyeol appeared at my door and his eyes widened – a sign that he's going to get mad, very mad.

"Ya! You brat! Get off my sister!!" he said coming to get Sehun.

Sehun in turn hid behind me, as if I could save him from the giant.

Chanyeol grabbed Sehun's T-shirt and yanked him off my bed. Before he could do anything, Kyungsoo intervened. Even though it looked like a tiny penguin between two giraffes, Soo was probably the only one who could handle them.

"Come on! We were going to have dinner, weren't we? Let's go! Y/n are you coming?" Kyungsoo asked. I sighed and nodded yes.

Dinner was as normal as it could be. Chanyeol had ordered pizzas and we watched some random show on TV. Of course, this include fighting over pizza slices and coke cans, fighting for a place to sit, everyone shouting and screaming and with Chanyeol glaring at anyone who tried to sit too close to me. Sehun sat on my right while no one was on my left. No matter how much Chanyeol was mad at Sehun, he would never hurt him. They were best friends. They all were; Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Sehun.

They've known each other since they were kids. Also, Sehun, being in my class, was one of my close friends. And Chanyeol wouldn't like to face my wrath if he did anything to Sehun.

Before we knew it, dinner was over. Thankfully the boys helped clean everything up. But as soon as they were done, they rushed off to Chanyeol's room. I knew I was not going to get much sleep tonight, not with them having a mini party in the next room. And I was right! I could barely sleep a wink.