WTHW chapter 04

What the Heart Wants

What's your love life like after getting back together? Though we don't know how many times you guys might break-up and get back together of course. But how was it like after YG's ultimatum? How did your relationship go on while you guys can't even be in a place together?

C: We're very.... patient. After we got back together I think we've met each other only 5 or 6 times in a year?
R (nodding): Yes. It was hard. We mostly just do video calls and chats.
C: Very. We tried to keep it below the radar everytime. We tried to be ninjas. We didn't even wear matching outfits or items, although we do have a few.
R: We did get some help of course.
C: But this time I didn't let all the members know. I felt really bad. But it's safer for us that way.
R: So sorry, sunbaenims. (bowing heartfealtly)
[Chanyeol bowed as well]

You're not worried that one of you might be tempted?

[Glanced at each other]
C: God no. I couldn't even think what she'll do to me if I ever cheated on her. (laughing) On a serious note though, that just never occured to me.
R: He gets jealous very easily. Strangely I feel rather safe due to that. I'd worry if he ever stops.
C: There's a lot of beautiful girls out there but only one Park Chaeyoung. (laughing shyly as soon as he said that)
R: That was cheesy! (shaking her head in embarassment but looking happy)

Then the ultimate question; What made you guys wanting to announce your relationship now?

[Rosé gave him a side glance]
C: Uhm.. Well... (looking very shy) It's because... HER FANBOYS ARE AGGRESSIVE LATELY. THERE. I've said it. (his nose blowing out air)
R: Jealousy. See? (she gave a bewildred expression)
C: I just don't like the thought of guys seeing her as a single person. Sometimes I feel like shouting 'Blackpink's Rosé is with me! Hellooo'. And there are A LOT of interviews lately from male idols mentioning her name. Not just mentioning, but asking her phone number and stuff. I just had enough of that, you know? (complaining like a little child)

So this time you have YG's approval.

C: Yes. FINALLY. I asked him a few times every year. Just me with the help of my manager. Both SM and YG thought I'm just trying to win her back. They weren't suspicious and couldn't find any proof at all because we were ninja dating.
R: I guess my company saw his sincerity and persistancy. He got through every year without a scandal, which is a plus.
C: So out of courtesy when they approved I felt the need to inform that we've actually been in a relationship all along. So I told them and here we are now, both companies wanting the details.
R: You just want to show off your ninja skill. (hitting him lightly on the arm)

You're not afraid that the public will condemn your relationship?

[They both gave a serious thought on how to answer this]
C: I'm not afraid of the public. I'm more afraid of her safety. And I'd rather face all the negative comments than to go through hell without her again. But luckily, she's willing to go to 'war' with me. So I'll do my best to protect her and proof to our fans that we really like each other a lot and hope it is acceptable.
[Rosé looked a bit teary hearing his words]
R: Yes my wish is the same. I hope we can always show our good sides as a couple and continue to receive supports from our fans.

There was a rumour of you two not long ago.

C: Actually, that was my doing. (grinning) I asked my members to test the waters by posting the 'gossip' on fans' threads. But actually the aim was to create an idea, not a rumour. So for example, like Baekyun, he created a fake account and posted 'I think Chanyeol and Rose from Blackpink will look good as a couple' in EXO's thread*. The responses were quite amazing. Most of them were very positive and supportive. Our shipping name apparently is the PCY couple. Or PCYx2. I think.
R: I was really relieved! He even did that to Blackpink and YG's threads too.
C (looking playfully at Rosé): They even want us to collab again.
R: Hmm... Have your company contact mine.
C: Ah so cold.

*and there were also these posts;
- Do you think Jennie likes Baekhyun?
- Baekhyun would look good with any Blackpink members
- I think all BLackpink members think that Baekhyun is awesome.
- How about Suho - Jisoo pairing, do you think Suho can survive savage Jisoo?
- If Suho dates Jisoo, I think his humor level will improve. He can actually be funny.
- Desperately want a dance collaboration between Sehun and Lisa.
- I want to see the maknaes be together. Lisa can probably melt Sehun's heart. And kick his at the same time.
[It wasn't clear who made these threads, but it appeared the same time as Baekhyun posted for Chanyeol]

Any last words for the fans and public?

R: First of all we are truly sorry that we've kept this relationship a secret for 4 years long. We are sorry if anyone feels offended or hurt. We hope to have your continuing support and try to always be good to each other so we can show you our best side as a couple. Thank you, everyone. (bowing respectfully)
C: Wow how can I top that? Uh yes we are just two people who like each other a lot. We're still young and have a road ahead of us that may be filled of mistakes, ups and downs. We will always try to learn to be a better person, to each other and society. Please continue to love and support us. (bowing with gratitude) Oh one more thing! Rosé-ssi is off the single market, everyone. Please keep that in mind. (smiling evily)

---

"It's a wrap!"

The staff applauded and cheered once the interview was over. Chaeyoung couldn't hide her shy smile and relief. She felt free now. So was Chanyeol.

Misun and the PD congratuled them for being bold and honest.

"Ok but you guys know that we're just gonna release a tiny bit of information from all of the details you've just given us?", said Misun. "I don't want you guys to think that you've just wasted your time, but that's just how it is. We need details from you so we can filter out which ones are good to release to the public."

Chanyeol nodded alongside Chaeyoung. "I understand. I'm just going to leave it to the communication team for the damage control and stuffs", he said.

Finally they both walked away from the set, leaving everyone to wrap things up.

"I FEEL SO RELIEVED", said Chaeyoung happily.

"I feel so SUPERIOR. Ha I cannot wait to see the look from your fanboys when our news are out. I bet their jaws will drop." A menacing snarl that rarely appears was now painted on his face.

Chaeyoung laughed. "That bad, huh?"

He squinted his eyes at her. "Your fault for smiling ever so sweetly anytime everywhere. If you still receive messages or calls or gifts from a lot of you-know-whos you better tell me."

She fixed the collar of his shirt. "You know I will. I will always be honest with you." She grabbed the sides of his sweater. "Besides, I don't care for any fanboys. This Gandalf is enough for me."

"Awww my shorty I'm so freaking happy today you don't know how much!" He pulled her into a tight embrace with such force of happiness. "We don't have to hide anymore."

She hugged him back.

"I love you, jhagiya."

The tone of his voice was gentle and sincere and full of his feelings.

"I love you back", said Chaeyoung while touching her couple ring.

They grinned at each other stupidly then made their way back to the staff and managers.

After bidding goodbye to everyone, the four people (PCY couple plus managers) exited the restaurant.

"Hey Chaengie, how about I ditch Yongnim hyung here and you ride in my car? Want to give Dispatch something to talk about?", teased Chanyeol with a naughty grin.

Yongnim rolled his eyes while Daniel firmly replied, "NO. Chaeyoung will be in YG building today the whole day."

Chanyeol pouted.

Chaeyoung laughed. "Maybe next time?"

"How about tonight?", he asked.

She smiled sweetly. "Deal."

"OOOH YESSS!" He kissed her on the lips quickly before running to his car and being chased by his manager. "Annyeong Chaeyoungie! Annyeong Dan hyung!", he managed to say before Yongnim caught him.

Daniel shook his head while Chaeyoung giggled. All she could see was his siluet and the sun rising at the background. She thought it must be one of the most beautiful sunrise ever.