Three

Hypocrites

For those who have been waiting since forever.... I'm so sorry anddddd a new chapter is finally here YEAY

 


 

Hongbin shakes his head in denial. No no this isn't real. Hakyeon must be pretending. "He remembers Wongeun, but not us. Huh?" he mumbles as they walked out of the hospital. If Hakyeon really lose his memory then why did he remember Wongeun? Hakyeon must be acting like he doesn't remember them because he's still mad at them. Hongbin is very sure about that.

"He's acting! It's impossible for him to forget us!" Jaehwan said and all of them nodded in agreement, but not Taekwoon.

Taekwoon stays silent. He listens to the younger words and didn't make any comment. He himself didn't know what to say about the whole situation.

Taekwoon turns his head to look at Hyuk who was playing with his finger. Hyuk frowns, "I don't know, his eyes looks so real. He really don't remember us?". They looked at each other. Hyuk's face has turned soft, he might cry in a second. Taekwoon hugged him, rubbing his back trying to soothe him. "He remember us. If he doesn't I will make him"

••••••

"Ah, you're here again?" Hakyeon greeted Taekwoon when he saw the latter at the door. Taekwoon startled a little, he took a while before forcing his leg to walk in to the room. He actually just want to observe Hakyeon from far, didn't mean to see the person itself.

Hakyeon seems a little better. He didn't look as pale as before. "Wongeun is not here" Hakyeon told him, acting like Taekwoon was there to see Wongeun, not him.

Taekwoon furrow his brows listening to Hakyeon's words but nevertheless he sits himself next to the bed. "I come to see you" he stated annoyingly and stared Hakyeon.

"Oh" Hakyeon replied shortly.

They didn't say any word for a couple of minutes before Hakyeon talked again. "Do you know me?" Hakyeon asked innocently, probably trying to remove the awkwardness since Taekwoon has been staring at him for minutes now and he's starting to feel uncomfortable.

Taekwoon observed Hakyeon up and down. The way he talks, the way his face scrunched up as he ask the question. He tried to search for anything that seems off so that he would know that Hakyeon was acting. Or he wish so.

It's just impossible for Hakyeon to forget them. Taekwoon did texted Wongeun about Hakyeon's health condition and he told him that the doctor said there's nothing wrong with Hakyeon, except for his left leg bone fracture. Hakyeon also can leave the hospital in a week. So what's with this sudden lose memory?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Hakyeon, but why can't he remember them?

Taekwoon kept staring at Hakyeon. After a while he laugh, a sarcastic one. "Stop acting Hakyeon"

Hakyeon frowned, "what are you saying?"

Taekwoon stands up, he unconciously grabs Hakyeon's cheeks "look at me. Stop acting like you don't know me. You know who I am! Right?! Stop! Acting!"

Hakyeon struggled out of Taekwoon's hold. "let- let me go. You're hurting me"

Hakyeon uses both of his hand to push Taekwoon away but he was too weak to do so. Suddenly a hand grabbed Taekwoon's shoulder separating both of them. "Taekwoon? What are you doing?" Wongeun asked, looking at both of them.

Taekwoon tried to explain."I...." what have I done? Taekwoon then turn his face to look at Hakyeon.

"Get out!" Hakyeon spatted. His body was shivering, face turning red.

"Hakyeon" Taekwoon called Hakyeon's name weakly. He felt bad for doing that to Hakyeon. No, he shouldn't do that. He just couldn't control himself, he wants Hakyeon to remember him so bad. It hurts knowing that someone you have known for so long suddenly forgets you.

He suddenly missed Hakyeon. He missed the bubbly Hakyeon that always talks so much to the point where Taekwoon get annoyed. He missed how Hakyeon was always there for him no matter what. He was so shocked when Hakyeon said that he didn't know him. It breaks his heart. "Hakyeon, I-"

"Get him out of here Wongeun" Hakyeon commands as he turned his body away from Taekwoon. Taekwoon could see tears on Hakyeon face as he was walking out of the room. I didn't mean it to be this way.

 

••••••

 

That night was Wongeun's turn to stayed in the hospital accompanying Hakyeon. This was the third time he's going to stay overnight to accompany Hakyeon. He takes turn with Hakyeon's sisters to take care of Hakyeon.

"You want some fruits?"  he asked, pointed at the small basket of fruits on the table, Minhyuk gave it to Hakyeon when he came to visit Hakyeon this evening.

Hakyeon shakes his head then touch his stomach. "I'm full already" he just had dinner one hour before.

"Oh! You got a message" Hakyeon notify Wongeun as he saw Wongeun's phone light up and made a small 'ping' sound.

Wongeun stands up from his seat and grabs his phone, reading the message. After a while types something on the phone. "So you really don't want any?" He asked again as he put his phone back on the table. Hakyeon nodded in assures.

"Okay if you say so". Wongeun walks back and forth around Hakyeon's bed, cleaning and arranging things. "Gosh what the heck you and Minhyuk did this evening? It's a mess here" he nags while at it, making Hakyeon chuckles. Hakyeon kept staring at Wongeun's moves. He suddenly realizes how lucky he is to have a good friend like Wongeun. Seriously, who would sacrifice their time just to take care of their sick friends? Wongeun is the only one who would do that for him. He couldn't describes how thankful he was for that.

"Wongeunieee" he called Wongeun who was now wiping the table. Wongeun lifted his head, "you want anything?"

Hakyeon shakes his head. He scooted his body nearing the edge of his single bed and patted the small space next to him. "that's enough cleaning for today. Come lay next to me" he told Wongeun. Although the bed is not that spacious, but it can fit both of them since they both are not that big.

Wongeun complied. He throw the tissue he used earlier to wipe the table into the trash can and hopped on the bed. He let out a relieved breath. "Thank god tomorrow's saturday. I can spend time here more"

"You know you don't have to waste your time here, right?" Hakyeon replied. He love having Wongeun around but he doesn't want to trouble Wongeun.

Wongeun turned his body to face Hakyeon. He poked Hakyeon's used to be chubby cheeks. "I want to!"

Hakyeon gave him a bright smile and hug the man tightly. "Thanks Wongeunniee"

Wongeun smiled broadly. "That's what friends are for"

Then Wongeun's phone vibrates notifying he got a new message, again. Wongeun sits up grabbing his phone. He typed a little bit before putting his phone back and proceed to lied back down. They stayed silent for a while before Hakyeon spoke up again.

"Wongeun" Hakyeon called his friend. He suddenly remembers how these few days he noticed Wongeun was busy playing with his phone, or what he suspects ; messaging someone. "You seems busy" Hakyeon stated making Wongeun frowned.

"Yeah, I'm busy taking care of you" he replied sarcastically as he rolled his eyes before smiling.

"No, I mean your phone. You're messaging someone" Hakyeon explained, he neck-chopped Wongeun in reply to the man's sarcastic answer.

"Oh. Don't mind that. I'm just messaging some friend" Wongeun shrugged it off, making Hakyeon suspicious of him. Wongeun never keep a secret from him. Not even once.

"You're hiding something. Don't you?"

"Pffft. No. Of course not" Wongeun chuckled awkwardly making Hakyeon more suspicious.

"Come on, tell me"

"Seriously, it's nothing"

"You know we never keep secret from each other, right?" Hakyeon made a face. He's slightly hurt knowing that Wongeun was hiding something.

Wongeun keep silent for a few minutes before he finally let out a hard sighs. "You'll get mad"

"I won't. You know I won't get mad at you" Hakyeon stated as  matters of factly.

"Okay. Just, promise me first that you won't get mad?" Wongeun compromised and Hakyeon nodded.

"Okay so..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm actually......"

"Yes???"

"I'm texting Taekwoon"

"You what?"

"I'm texting-"

"No! I mean, what? Why? How?" Hakyeon asked, voice raised a little higher.

"Hey you promised that you won't get mad!!" Wongeun reminds Hakyeon and he pouted like a child. He knew this would happened so he didn't tell Hakyeon about it.

Hakyeon closes his eyes to relax, his voice now turns soft  "Okay. Just, why?"

"Well.... He wanted me to update about you" Wongeun finally told him. "There I say it!"

Taekwoon met him at school the other day. He knows how Taekwoon and Hakyeon is not in a good condition right now, but he can't help himself to agreed on helping Taekwoon when he saw how worried Taekwoon was about Hakyeon. He know what happened between the six of them but he feels bad to keep lying with Hakyeon. The five of them seems so lost when Hakyeon told them that he don't know them. So when Taekwoon meet them and ask him a favour to keep him up to date about Hakyeon he accepted it without thinking much.

Hakyeon kept silent after that. "Are you mad?" Wongeun asked cautiously. He know that Hakyeon would not be happy when he knew about this, but to be honest he wants them to be friends again. He knew how much Hakyeon love the five of them, how he enjoyed spending his time with them.

"No, I'm...." Hakyeon paused, he took a long breathe and let it out softly. :I don't know. I-"Wongeun turned his body wholly to face Hakyeon when he heard a faint sniffed from the latter.

He hugs Hakyeon tightly as the older sobbed harder. "I-I...." Hakyeon stuttered in his sobs.

"It hurts... So much"