Sleepover Part 1

Secret Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the end of the week, Donghyun was very surprised by his son. Daehyun actually behaved really well the rest of the week. The young boy didn’t pull down his pants at school, he didn’t talk back to his father, and he finished all the after school worksheets his teacher gave the kids. As a reward, Donghyun bought him a couple new toys he could enjoy with Minsoo during the sleepover party. He decided to get the boys a couple new toy cars, a train set that included track pieces, and a Pororo toy set that includes mini figures of all the characters.

 

After the young boy was picked up from preschool on Friday, Donghyun decided to clean the apartment in preparation for the sleepover. He always has the place very clean, but he vacuumed and dusted everywhere just in case. An apartment can never be too clean. During the whole time Donghyun tidy upped, Daehyun just sat on the couch and watched his favorite shows.

 

“Minsoo should be coming soon. Do you want to bring out your toys so you two can play in here?” Donghyun asked his son while sitting down next to him.

 

“What toys should I bring?”

 

“How about that new train set I bought? Does Minsoo like trains?” the man helped the boy pick out toys.

 

“I’ll go bring it!” the young boy rushed to his room. Donghyun turned down the volume on the television when he heard the doorbell ring. He checked the intercom; it was Minwoo and Minsoo. He froze for a second. He forgot that he’s not supposed to be Daehyun’s father. He told the teenager Daehyun is his brother. What’s going to happen if Daehyun calls him “daddy” or says anything that reveals the boy is his son? It felt like the day he had to tell his parents that he had a son.

 

FLASHBACK

 

 Donghyun panicked. He didn’t know how he would explain to his mother the baby he’s holding. He can’t just say he’s babysitting for someone because what’s he going to say when the baby never gets picked up? He rushed over to the intercom and looked at the screen; it was, in fact, his mother waiting at the door.

 

He pressed the button on the intercom to talk, “Umm… Hello, mom. I’ll be there in a second.” Donghyun looked around to see what he should do with Daehyun. Should he be placed back in his stroller, on the couch, the floor, or just keep on holding the boy? He then wondered if Daehyun could even walk by himself yet, or if he still crawls. “I have no clue what to do with you,” he smiled and baby-talked to Daehyun. In the end, Donghyun decided to just open the door while holding the baby. It’s better to rip the Band-Aid off quickly, rather than slowly pulling it off.

 

Donghyun walked up to the door and inhaled. After exhaling, he opened the door and smiled. “Hey, mom. It’s so nice to have you over. Dad didn’t come with you?” He tried acting like nothing was wrong and acted like he’s always had a baby. His mom gave him a weird look and pointed to Daehyun.

 

“Who is that?” his mother questioned, “Who is stupid enough to leave their baby with another baby?”

 

Donghyun playfully rolled his eyes, “I’m 21 years old, mother. I’m not a baby.” He gestured for her to enter the apartment.

 

“You’re my baby,” she patted him on the cheek, walked in, and made herself comfortable on the couch.

 

“Yes, I’ll always be your baby no matter what age I am,” he sighed.

 

“My housewarming gift for my baby is this beautiful plant,” she placed it on the end table next to the couch. She pointed to Daehyun again, “You never answered my question. Who is that? Whose baby are you taking care of? I didn’t know you knew people who had kids already.” The woman smiled and waved at Daehyun, who was giving her his full attention and putting his hands out trying to reach her.

 

“This handsome boy is Daehyun,” Donghyun handed the baby off to her so she could hold him. She smiled brightly at the baby and started tickling his stomach, making him giggle.

 

“I can’t wait until you get married and give me grandchildren,” Donghyun’s mom kept smiling at Daehyun while holding and shaking his hand. “Isn’t he adorable? He kinda looks like you a bit,” she chuckled.

 

Donghyun nervously smiled, “Surprise…” His mom quickly looked at him, losing her smile, and had a shocked expression on her face.

 

“You got married and had a baby without telling me? How did you keep this a secret from your father and I this whole time?” she raised her voice.

 

“Well, I’m not exactly married,” Donghyun laughed nervously.

 

“WHAT!?” his mother exclaimed, “You had a child out of wedlock?” She put the back of her hand against her forehead as if she was going to faint.  “Why didn’t you tell us you have a girlfriend?”

 

He grinned, “About that… Yeah, I don’t have a girlfriend. Daehyun was conceived through a one night stand.” His mom handed Daehyun back to him and lied down on the couch with her hand still on her forehead. “I actually didn’t find out about him until a few minutes before you came over. He was dropped off along with this letter.” Donghyun handed his mom the letter and she read it.

 

“You were supposed to take care of this plant first before having a baby…” she looked over at the plant she brought over as his housewarming gift, “So this means my baby isn’t a ?”

 

“Obviously I’m not if I have a child. Plus, I wasn’t one way before Daehyun was conceived,” he chuckled.

 

“What’s your plans for the future now that you have a baby?” she was concerned for her son.

 

“I don’t know. I literally just found out I’m a father now 15 minutes ago. I didn’t have time to think about my future,” Donghyun got freaked out again, “Maybe you and dad could take care of him while I’m at school? If not, I could always take him to my school’s daycare program. As for buying all the baby furniture and anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter