Holding Hands

Infinite One-shots & Drabbles Collection

 

Title: Holding Hands.
Pairing: Sunggyu/Myungsoo.
Genre: AU, romance.
Rating: G.
Word Count: 584.
Summary: It was a baseless worry, really, but Sunggyu couldn’t help but think about doing romantic things with Myungsoo, who was his junior by three years.

Prompt: Hand holding. From this prompt generator.

~"~

Sunggyu was quite thankful that their school had separate buildings for university and high school.

If not, then maybe he would already be killed by his own thoughts. They weren’t exactly naughty naughty thoughts, but most of them were romanticly involving a certain junior of his.

A certain junior named Kim Myungsoo.

So there he was, sitting alone in an empty class, sighing for who knew how many times. No, it wasn’t that Sunggyu didn’t have friends, it was just that he wanted to be alone for a while. Most of his best friends are younger than him anyway, and they currently had things to take care of. Sighing again, he finally packed his things, ready to go home when his cellphone buzzed. Thinking that it must be either Woohyun or Hoya, he read the text, only to get slightly surprised seeing the actual sender.

From: L Kim
Hyung, Woohyun-hyung and Hoya-hyung are caught up in a group project.
They told me to just go home with you today.
I’ll wait for you in front of the gates.

P.S. Hurry up, it’s cold.

He was more worried over making Myungsoo wait in the middle of the cold weather rather than the fact that they were going home together, and only the two of them. Usually they went home with Woohyun and Hoya as well, but sometimes, at times like this, one or two people would be missing because of schedule difference. Not wanting Myungsoo to wait any longer, Sunggyu ran outside of his university building.

Only when he was a few steps away from the younger that it finally clicked in his head; they were going home together. Just the two of them.

It was as if the Heavens came down crashing on him.

“Let’s go,” he heard Myungsoo said, but wasn’t actually sure if it was okay for him and his heart to walk side-by-side, so he settled for tailing Myungsoo.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, noticed his hyung’s weird behavior, although he didn’t say anything about it. It was just how he was, only saying things that he deemed necessary. He also noticed that Sunggyu had his hands in his jacket’s pockets as it was freezing cold; winter sure was harsh this time around and he knew the older forgot his gloves again. Looking down to his own hands, he suddenly had an idea.

“Here hyung, you can wear half of my gloves,” Myungsoo said before tossing a glove at Sunggyu, who caught it clumsily, which made the younger chuckle.

“Only half? Where’s the other one?” Sunggyu asked (maybe with a pout, maybe not), hand warm because of Myungsoo’s glove. To this, the younger boy only smiled in response...

... Before taking Sunggyu’s bare hand in his.

It took him by surprise, Sunggyu didn’t see this coming at all. Sure the other could be playful sometimes, but this- them holding hands was just too much for him at the moment.

“This way, no one gets cold,” Myungsoo said with that charming, rare smile of his.

Sunggyu had thoughts of the younger, specifically named Kim Myungsoo, and one of those thoughts was holding hands. Even so, this was far from what he’d imagined.

Sunggyu was really thankful that their school had separate buildings for university and high school. But he dreaded next year because that meant they’d be in the same building. And Sunggyu really didn’t know what to do if he had to see the object of his daydreams in university too.