Listen To Me

Infinite One-shots & Drabbles Collection

 

Title: Listen To Me.
Pairing(s): Friendship!Woohyun/Hoya, implied Sunggyu/Myungsoo, Hoya/Myungsoo, Woohyun/Myungsoo.
Genre: AU, friendship, drama?
Rating: G.
Word Count: 717.
Summary: A group project was only an excuse, Woohyun actually wanted to talk to Hoya about something important...which concerns Myungsoo.

Prompt: Hear me out. From this prompt generator.

~"~

“So tell me what this urgent thing you need to tell me is about.”

The large classroom was empty except for the rows of tables and chairs, and a large whiteboard. It was time to go home, so naturally no students could be found in any room – excluding the library, cafeteria, and maybe several rooms that were being used for club activities. Normally, they would already be on their way home with Myungsoo and Sunggyu, but no, Woohyun had something of high importance to tell Hoya.

Woohyun looked around the class, as if afraid that there was someone who eavesdropped on them, before shifting a bit closer to Hoya. “It’s about Myungsoo,” he said, voice barely above a whisper.

Hoya raised an eyebrow, clearly confused at his best friend’s weird behavior. He didn’t really like beating around the bush, so he asked, “what’s with him?”

Nam Woohyun knew better than letting Lee Howon run out of patience.

“He’s going to move overseas.”

There was a long, uncomfortable moment of silence as neither of them speak. Woohyun couldn’t meet Hoya’s eyes; he knew those dark orbs would widen before slowly narrowing in disbelief.

“Nam Woohyun, I swear to God, that joke isn’t –”

“I wish I were joking.”

If there was a window beside them, Hoya would probably have smashed it with his fist.

But the only thing that was beside them was a heavy table. Hoya would’ve flipped it if he wanted to, but he opted against it.

Instead, he decided to slam his fist onto the surface. Woohyun didn’t even flinch.

“When?” Hoya managed to ask amidst his fury, jaws clenched.

“After Myungsoo’s high school graduation,” Woohyun replied. “Myungsoo himself hasn’t told anyone about this, I overheard my mom and his parents talking about it this morning.”

A groan. “Does Sunggyu-hyung know about this?”

Woohyun’s gaze fell to the floor as he shook his head, emphasizing with a soft “no.”

“So... He’s still thinking that Myungsoo will definitely join us here in this university.” Without waiting for another second, Hoya took his cellphone out and started dialing an all-too-familiar number.

“Wait, Hoya, what are you –”

“I’m calling Sunggyu-hyung and I’m going to tell him to stop thinking about doing things with Myungsoo because that’s not going to happen,” he reasoned, placing his phone against his ear. Before Sunggyu could answer the call, though, Hoya’s cellphone was hastily grabbed by Woohyun, who cut the connection immediately. If glares could kill, Woohyun would be dead by now. “Give it back,” he growled.

“I’m not giving it back to you because you’re going to listen to me,” the slightly older boy retorted, a stern look on his face as he pocketed the phone. After a few seconds of exchanging glares, Hoya scowled, ripping his gaze away from Woohyun and leaning against a table.

It was a sign that Hoya didn’t have any choice other than let Woohyun speak.

After being his friend for so many years, of course Woohyun understood this and didn’t let the chance go. “To be honest, I don’t like that Myungsoo’s going overseas. I mean, we’ve been together since what, fifteen years ago? That’s an extremely long time, if you ask me,” he shrugged, looking anywhere but Hoya before continuing. “Sunggyu-hyung... He treats Myungsoo as if he’s the most important thing in this world. We know this, because we love them. And this is not going to change, Howon-ah,” Woohyun said softly, now looking straight into Hoya’s eyes. The other, although still slightly irritated, had softened a bit.

“I just don’t like that he’s going to be separated from us..from Sunggyu-hyung. He didn’t even say anything to us,” he murmured. Woohyun nodded in understanding before stepping closer to him.

“You remember how we used to play house back then?” Hoya nodded this time. Woohyun smiled, stopping in front of him and dropping his head onto the other’s shoulder, hands clutching the front of Hoya’s shirt.

“You used to be the mom, Sunggyu-hyung the dad, I was the son, and Myungsoo was my brother,” the memory brought a fond smile into Hoya’s face.

“I miss those times...”

Hoya stilled, catching the slight tremble in Woohyun’s hushed voice. His shoulder felt a little colder than before.

The only witness of their sadness was the empty class.