Of Prince Charming And Rainbow Cakes

Infinite One-shots & Drabbles Collection
Title: Of Prince Charming And Rainbow Cakes.
Pairing: Hoya/Myungsoo.
Genre: Fluff.
Rating: G.
Word count: 474.
Summary: Howon thinks he’s the prince charming to a certain Kim Myungsoo.

Prompt: Prince charming. From this prompt generator.

~”~

Howon likes to think of himself as Myungsoo's prince charming.

Myungsoo is too delicate, too precious to be handled in the wrong way because other people don't know what Myungsoo is made of. He's made of glass; of crystal which will shatter into pieces if you approach him with the wrong steps. They've never been separated all throughout their life, that's why Howon's always worried that Myungsoo might go somewhere out of his reach - and that is exactly how he feels whenever he sees Myungsoo with his friends (that are not Howon). But that's okay, because Howon is always there for him. That's okay, because Myungsoo still reserves a special smile just for him.



Myungsoo knows that Howon thinks of himself as his prince charming.

He's always been obsessed with fairy tales since they were kids, so it's not surprising that he's decided single-handedly to 'protect Kim Myungsoo forever and ever.' It doesn't bother him though, because he likes Howon and it's not like he's pestering him 24/7. Howon is a good friend and hyung, and Myungsoo really doesn't want to imagine where he'd be standing right now if it weren't for him.



Howon is a bit (or very) clumsy when it comes to Myungsoo - proved when he tries to cook one morning to surprise the younger but failing miserably because Myungsoo unexpectedly walks into the kitchen, widely awake, and makes Howon's heart skip a beat when he hears his name being called, resulting in him dropping the pancake mix onto the floor and stumbling upon air. (Later, Myungsoo makes a mental note of never letting Howon touch the kitchen alone.)

Another time is when it's finally Myungsoo's 20th birthday. Howon tries to throw a surprise party for him, and he's already invited Myungsoo's circle of friends to his house. The plan is to pop the party poppers as the younger man walks through Howon's front door while yelling 'happy birthday!!' and then Howon will present him his favorite seven-layered rainbow cake and Myungsoo will make a wish before blowing the candles. The plan is executed smoothly without many incidents.

Except Howon trips on his own foot while presenting the cake.

It's deadly silent as everyone looks at the destroyed cake on the floor while Howon feels like jumping from the rooftop right that instant. But he doesn't get to because Myungsoo suddenly crouches down and takes a piece of a clean part of the cake and puts it in his mouth, his fingers and smiling. It tastes good, he says and Howon wants to cry.

The remaining five people in the room shake their head and wonder to themselves if Myungsoo is the actual prince charming as Myungsoo leans closer to Howon and places a kiss on the older's cheek (which only serves to make Howon blush and flail around).