chapter 2

zahara: a flower in bloom

it took just one swing of her arm for wonho to be left sprawled on the ground. shownu kept his mouth silent albeit it already dropped on the floor. he watched her grab her coat on the floor and put it back on, she grabbed her bag and she made her way out of the grimy dark place. she did not stutter, there was no evidence in her strut that she had just been taken hostage by people she didn't know and shownu watched, mouth agape.

there was no reason for him to have imagined that she was capable of doing what he had just seen her do. she's tough, he'll give that to her. she never stood idly by inequality and she pretty much got everyone to not spark trouble with her just because she had something inanely mysterious about her. she never really fought anyone or made herself be painted as someone not be messed with but there was just something about her that kept people away. and the same thing that kept people away, kept shownu coming. she had always been like that.

but there had never been a time when shownu could have guessed that she was capable of that. of fighting that many men - of making wonho kneel in front of her, wordlessly.

shownu isn't sure if he should leave her be or follow her and eventually ask her if she is alright. she seems pretty fine, in fact she looks comfortable as if nothing had happened.

"i know you're there, shownu." the voice called and shownu stood in his tracks. she retraced her steps and she stood face to face with shownu. a little surprised, he just smiled and laughed awkwardly.

"seems like we're going the same way." he said with a nervous chuckle.

"you want to stop by my apartment for something to drink?" she suddenly asked and it took shownu 5 whole seconds to respond with a nod of his head.

she motions for them to get going and eventually she navigated them both to what looks like an abandoned house. when she unlocked the door to the garage of said building and the lights, what exist in front of him was beyond his imagination. there was a loft and there was an exercise space, in fact there was a boxing ring beside what looks to him to be a kitchen and he had to digest what he is seeing instantly. there was also a living area with tv and game consoles and if he could deduce it, this space looks so much like a place he would die to live in. he was still marvelling over the area when he noticed her leaving him and throwing her bag aside before grabbing herself a can of beer. she gulps it down with a satisfied sigh and sat comfortably on the sofa.

“so… you stay here?” he asked still in awe of the entire place. it was the kind of place he would die to live in. instead, she just nods and slides the other can of beer across the table. he receives and drinks it. his eyes never strayed from her, he looks at her skin, her arms and he searched for bruises and wounds. miraculously there isn't one.

"what are you looking for?" she asked with a small smile teasingly and shownu smiled. he never really heard the tone of her voice curl that way, in a joking manner and he thought she sounded... cute. he almost laughed aloud but decided against it with a shake of his head. she shrugged and got up to grab an apple from the table.

"are you not hurt?" he finally asked when she wasn't sitting in front of him. she had her back to him and somehow he was braver when he isn't seen. she smiled to herself and turned to face him. she waited for him to face her too. it took seconds of silence before shownu realised she wanted his sight on her and she smiled.

she doesn't smile very often and when she does, shownu always wondered why she hid it so often. he always wished she smiled more. he feels humbled that in this space where they both exist in the same space and time he was here to witness it all, her beauty in the most unexpected and charming moment of her life.

he kept his gaze fixed on her, wordless but still worry inching his face when he thinks about the things wonho could have done to her. of course, at the moment when he came, she looked to be the one in control, shownu could not shake off the feeling of not knowing the kind of exchanges that happened before he came. wonho and his boys could have easily hurt her too and he prayed that that did not happen. he was still in a trance thinking about how afraid she must have been when she took steps forward towards him. within seconds, she was in front of him, eye levelled with his, face just a palm away from each other.

"i am doing perfect, shownu, thank you for coming."

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm sick and i am thinking about posting all the stuff i have. enjoy my friends