chapter 3

zahara: a flower in bloom

shownu had always done the things he knew was right. he never really had anyone teaching him what was wrong or what was right, he always relied heavily on his instincts. if it felt bad, its bad. if it feels good, it's good. he never really bothered about consequences or anything like that. when she told him she is doing perfect and when she thanked him like that, with her eyes inches away from his, there was a warmness he had never known brewing in the broad of his chest.

everything he had done were orders or things that were meant to be done so very rarely he was thanked. he was very much underappreciated, not quite the fella that everyone was jealous of. so when she comes around, comes out of a situation where she should be screaming out of her damn mind, looking ferociously undefeated, thanking him - he figured she has got to be the woman of his life.

he moved in quickly, feeling the warmth of her lips embracing his and he thought about why he waited this long to kiss her. it was only when he was breathless that he broke away, resting his cheek on her skin, realising the pink in her cheeks. he took his palm to her other cheek and he felt her lean into it, the soft of her skin against his. he feels her smile against his mouth and he leans into the sofa more comfortably with her in his arm.

there is something about her, he knew the first time he saw her. she's beautiful, as beautiful as flowers in the dawn of may, maybe even more. bright eyes, rosy cheeks, hair brown in the warmth of the sunlight. a girl like her can never be made for boy roughly cut around the edges like him. she is proper, always neat, always poised. everything about her yelled untouchable and that was how it was for a while. wonho stayed behind the lines, behind an invisible boundary because he believed so much that he was unfit to even stand by her. he's leftover thrown aside to fend for himself, who is he kidding for him to talk to a girl like that?

but one day eventually, as life would have it, somehow their path crossed. neither of them knew exactly when it was that they became so entangled with each other. from the time they sat next to each other in one of the lecture and continued to do so for the rest of the semester, somehow they became lunch buddies and study buddies and eventually they got stuck with each other.

there's something about her that made him think she was way out of his league but he couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. and apparently this was not something exclusive to him. as popular as she was for her looks and the grandeur that follows her, there was little to none that people knew about her. there wasn't quite anyone who was close enough to her who divulge any information about her. she is as beautiful as she was clouded in absolute mystery. so when shownu came along, the silence was comforting.

for her, the silence that came with this boy was exactly what she needed. in time, she couldn't get rid of him and he couldn't get rid of her. neither of them would admit it but they knew they were way too smitten, regardless of the fact that all of these were confirmed without words.

"took you long enough to kiss me," she started, head resting on the sofa, eyes fixed on the high ceiling, "if you hadn't, i would've."

shownu smiled and snuck a peck on her cheek. ticklish as she was, she shook a little, giggling, a sound that shownu later learnt to be something he would kill to hear over and over again.

he had questions, so many to ask her to straighten what he had seen. but mostly just one: who was the girl sitting eye to eye with wonho a while ago in that god forsaken place? but he couldn't get himself to ask that. not when the girl beside him was giggling like she was snuggling into his own body. this is a heaven he never thought he could hold with his two filthy hands. the kind of heaven he would kill to keep holding.

it is an hour later and they are in the boxing ring: gloves on, ready to go. she was ready to go. wonho on the other hand... he was a little skeptical. he wasn't about to punch the girl he is sure he's going to love forever for nothing.

"oh come on, don't let me hit you first... it'll hurt." she warned with a glint of truth in her eyes, shownu knew there was no kidding in what she just said. the fists he put in front of his chest in defence fell to his sides and he looked longingly at her. he was sure he loves her now. he is sure of it. but who does he love?

"you want to know how i did it, don't you?" she sighed as she pulled the gloves off her hands and took strides towards him. she took his hands in hers and pulled the gloves off him too. she laid in the middle of the ring, tapped the empty space beside her and motioned for him to follow suit. wonho would much rather lay by her that punch each other out so he moved without her needing to say it twice.

he hears her sigh a little more and he sat up. he pulls her up and makes her sit before him so he could see her eyes and her lips.

"i'll tell you, shownu," she started, "and if you choose to leave, i understand."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

i know. 3 chapters in a row? for a story that i just started posting like 2 minutes ago? am i nuts? why am i mass posting everything i have?

maybe because i am high off medication. also chapter 4 coming up!