chapter 1

zahara: a flower in bloom

"you like her don't you you ing idiot?" the boy beside him asks and shownu just chuckled in his low voice, not directly responding to the question. instead, he reached out for his ringing phone and stopped in his track when he read the name blinking on screen.

he had long since left the number in his phone to rot. he knew better not to delete it, he knew some day his actions will bear consequences. maybe today is the day. he knew when he left the gang almost a year ago without a scratch, there is bound to be blood shed in time. shownu was never afraid. he knew the results of his actions, he waited for his fate to come through but for months, nothing came for him. in time he almost forgot. but now, his time has come.

"shownu, how you doing buddy?" the voice over the phone asked snarkily. shownu could almost hear the smirk from the other man's voice and his hand curled into a fist. the arrogance in the voice brew anger in shownu's chest but shownu stayed silent to hear what the other had to say.

when shownu was in the gang, wonho and him were brother tied at the hip. never one without the other, ready to die for one another. but above each other was their reverence and respect for their boss, the big ring leader who they work for. when shownu left, there was a void in the gang, felt most closely by wonho. but the longing for shownu never lasted especially not when the boss himself came down and talked sense into wonho. wonho was leading the gang now and they will have no mercy on the people they terrorize and no mercy on the cowards who leave the circle.

"i miss you, old sport and i really wanted to see you. granted you don't feel the same way, i decided i could make it easier for you to come by and see me yourself." wonho teased, his voice softer now as if talking to a child and wonho was so close to lashing out in return. instead wonho hung up and shownu received an image from wonho.

what shownu received and what laid on the screen of the phone in his hand was nothing at all he expected. there was no way in hell he could imagine her to be involved in the crossfire. no way in ing hell she's going to stay and be in the middle of it. the anger now reaching his brain, shownu stormed to where he knew the gang was at.

he had been part of the gang, of the triad since he was 14. he was scouted from the streets, made to be one of them and he was considered one of the best the group had ever gotten. blessed with fighting skills that is laid upon his gifted mind, shownu was bound to be one of the best gangsters there can be. when he left, the space he kept empty was felt not just by those close to him but to everyone else in the circle.

riding his bike, the only thing in his mind was the photo he saw on his phone. it was her. she was tied up, gagged and the same piercing eyes he is so in love with was still staring dead into the camera. how did they come up with the idea to capture the only person who meant anything at all to him?

shownu had learnt to love her in time void of her words and his. they're two people who haven't really sat down to talk things through. to settle their feelings and let their emotions be known. instead shownu tells her he got the hots for her, she acknowledges it and she leaves. they have never said anything else about their relationship to each other after that but they continue to have meals together. in a... strange comforting silence. shownu wasn't even sure if they are a couple but he cannot deny the kind of feelings he has for her. thinking about her wrapped around wonho's fingers somewhere, in silence and in fear gets wonho worked up and he sped his way to his destnation.

he wasn't wrong about where they were at. he was wrong about her being in silence and in fear.

shownu knew better than to just come into the place where the gang usually handles hostage situations so he crept in. made sure he wasn't seen or heard and then maybe he could safely get her out. instead, in front of him was wonho on his knees right in front of the chair in which she was sitting cross legged on. all the other boys were beaten up or already out of the area. wonho watched as she reaches out her hand and pulls wonho to face her. she looks at his face and smiles... before she spits on him, a grin taking over her face.

"you run back to your daddy. you tell him to come see me. you tell him he don't get to lay a finger on this lady without knowing about consequences." she relayed in a voice soft, almost melodious.

"you tell him, zahara is coming," she threatened her voice now inching sharper, "and zahara is not happy.