Code Red

We're Having A Baby

Chapter 15 (or whatever chapter I left off at...): Code Red

 

 

 

 

Minho dashed through the halls, trying to see if he can find Taemin's room. He knew he had made a mistake. He knew that it was his fault for ruining their relationship. And he would do anything to get back together with Taemin. He loves Taemin with all of his heart. A child is a miracle. And Minho couldn't believe it took Jonghyun and Key's child to make him realize that. He couldn't belive it took him that long to figure it all out. But he just hopes that he's able to make it up to Taemin. He also hopes he's not too late.

"Excuse me," Minho said as he went up to the main desk. "Is there a patient here by the name of Lee Taemin? Can I visit him?" He asked. The nurse flipped through some papers.

"Yes, he is here. He's in room 152 but you cannot visit him---Hey!! Get back here!" She shouted when Minho suddenly took off down the hall.

"Sorry!!" He called back. "It's a big emergency! I'm not taking no for an answer!" He said and dashed up to the elevators. He hastly pressed the button repeatedly until it opened. He groaned in irritation when he saw the elevator full. Not wasting any time, he quickly dashed for the stairs. Room 152 has got to be on the 3rd floor! He thought and climbed up the stairs rather fast, ignoring the protests and comments from the people he passed.

"Move, I'm in a hurry!!" Minho yelled and finally got to the second floor. He scanned the door numbers but he couldn't find the right room. The last room is 145. So it's on the second floor! Minho dashed up the stairs again and finally found Taemin's room. Panting heavily, he waited a few moments to gather his breathe. Suddenly, the door flew open and a nurse stepped out.

"Doctor!! Come quickly! It's time!!" She shouted. A doctor immediately came dashing into the room with some of his helpers, who carried the surgery equipment.

"Wait, what?" Minho said, shocked. "It's time? What do you...Oh, !! The baby!" Minho exclaimed, face-palming himself. "Sir, can I come in here?" He asked a doctor.

"Who are you?" He asked, pulling down the mask that covered his nose and mouth.

"My name is Choi Minho. I'm with Taemin. Please let me come in here. I'm the father." He said. The doctor immediately nodded when Minho stated that he was the father and let him into the room. "Thank you!" He said and dashed over to the panting boy on the bed. "Taeminnie...Baby, I'm here." Minho grabbed Taemin's hand and held it tightly. As if it was a reflex, Taemin clutched his hand tightly and didn't let go.

"M-Minho-ah..." Taemin opened his eyes and looked at Minho. "W-What are you...doing here?" He said and whimpered, clutching Minho's hand tighter. Minho ignored the pain and held Taemin's hand in both of his.

"I made a mistake, Taemin. I'm the father and I'm not going to ditch either of you, okay? I'm sorry I hurt you. But I'm here now, alright?" He said. Taemin nodded and pressed their forehead together.

"I love you." Taemin said softly. Minho smiled at him.

"I love you too." He said and pressed his lips to his and held the kiss for a few seconds. "Now, the doctors are going to perform surgery in order to get the baby out, alright?" He said. Taemin nodded as a nurse put an oxygen mask over his mouth. "Everything's gonna be okay. I'm here." He said. Taemin nodded weakly before he closed his eyes, letting the sleeping gas put him to sleep.

"If you're squeamish, look away." A doctor said and put some gloves on. Minho nodded and looked away as they began the surgery. He constantly watched the heart monitor, listening to the beeps to make sure Taemin's heart was still beating. He didn't even know how much time had passed. But he snapped out of his trance when he heard a baby's cry. He immediately turned around and looked at the baby in the doctor's arms.

"And," The doctor looked up at Minho. "He's as healthy as a whistle." He said. Minho smiled.

"It's a boy?!" He said. The doctor nodded. 

"We're going to wash it up real fast and cover it with a blanket." A nurse said as she carefully took the baby. Minho nodded and the doctor took off his gloves, which were slightly covered in some blood.

"What are you going to name him?" He asked. Minho smiled and thought for a minute.

"Minnie." He looked at the still sleeping Taemin. "Choi Minnie." He said. The doctor smiled and washed his hands before throwing out his gloves.

"Well, we're going to fix Taemin right up and it'll only be a few minutes. If you'd like to help wash your son, you're welcome to do so." He said and put on a clean pair of gloves. Minho nodded and kissed Taemin's cheek before walking over to the nurse. He smiled as he helped wash the blood off of the baby.

"He has Minnie's eyes..." Minho said softly and the nurse smiled.

"You have one beautiful son, sir." She said and took the baby blue soft blanket that was offered to her. She gently wrapped the baby into it and handed it to Minho. Minho took the baby gently and held him in his arms. The baby cooed a little and he opened his eyes. Minho smiled when he saw the exact same eyes as Taemin.

"I think you're going to turn out just like Taemin." He said as he caressed the baby's cheek. Suddenly, the nurses and doctors went frantic. Minho looked up, confused, as he watched the nurses and doctors panic.

"W-What's going on?" He asked but he didn't get a reply from anyone. Confused, he gently held the baby to his chest as he looked around the room. His eyes stopped upon the heart monitor and the air suddenly got knocked out from his lungs. The world stopped. His eyes went wide, tears threatening them.

"No..." He said, watching the flat line of the heart montior.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note: YOU ALL WERE DYING FOR THE OFFICIAL UPDATE AND HERE IT IS!!!!! Sorry I gave ya'll a cliff hanger /: BTW...the story is almost over...xD

Can you believe it? I've got 157 subscribers!!! MY GOD!!! Wait...I got an idea..sequel, maybe? Who knows. Maybe I'll post the poll next chappy ;) Anyways, cya next time!