a stranger in her house

Too Much that Time Can't Erase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joonmyeon arrived ninteen minutes at her house, almost twenty, just like what he said over the phone earlier. Jiwoo had heard the car's engine from the study room near the front door, which had a rather big window faced to the garden, as she unpacked her work archives. She stopped what she was doing and ran to the door, waiting for the man to ring the bell so that she can open it immediately.

It's been a while since she last met Joonmyeon, the last time he visited her was two months ago. She was living in Tokyo, Japan, and that takes around two hours for him to meet her in between her empty shifts, staying a week once in a month to spend his time with her for two years, helping her with the sudden change in her life with his care and of course, love.

As the doorbell ring, Jiwoo opened the door as she was faced with the smiling Kim Joonmyeon in front of her, a hand holding out a bouquet of pink roses, the flower she loves the most out of all flowers in the world.

 

"Good evening, Ms. Don't-want-to-tell-her-boyfriend-that-she-had-arrived-safely-in-Korea."

 

Her lips formed the same ear-to-ear smile Joonmyeon had, before she threw herself onto him, arms circled around his torso, her face pressed onto his baby blue colored shirt.

"Oh so you miss me now that I'm here?" He asked playfully as his arms did the same to what hers did, circling them around her small figure, "You almost wreck the roses, girlfriend."

Jiwoo hit him on the chest and pulled away from the hug, looking up to him since she was a lot shorter than him, lips formed into a small frown, "I haven't see you in two months." Her eyes than diverted to the bouquet he held, "And what's with the flower?"

"To impress you of course," Joonmyeon chuckled and ruffled the top of her head, "ready to go out?"

She nodded, "I just started unpacking the files in the study room before you came. Give me that, I think I have a perfect vase for this," he handed her the roses as she smelled them, smiling satisfyingly at the flower's scent then turned to her boyfriend, "come in."

"It's not really different from the way it looks before," he said as they entered the living room, "nothing changes."

"Yeah, thanks to Yena for taking care of this house while I'm gone. I'll be back in a bit!" Jiwoo ran to the kitchen as she brought the flowers with her, leaving Joonmyeon on his own to explore.

She put the flowers in the white porcelain vase her mother used to use before, arranging the flowers until it fills the vase then put some water in it before she walked back to the living room. 

Joonmyeon tour himself around the house as his memories when he and Jiwoo were littles came back to his mind. He used to come to her house since it wasn't too far from his own, besides both their parents were close enough for the two to grow up together.

"Joonmyeon?"

Jiwoo was back with a transparent bottle-like vase in her hands, the flowers he brought were already placed in it with almost half of the vase filled with water, "Where should I put this?"

The man smiled widely as he walked over to take the vase and put it on top of the wooden shelf, "Right here," Joonmyeon wiped the imaginary dust on his hands before turning to his girlfriend again, still with the same wide smile, "let's go."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter