Fourth

Once upon a Summer || jikook

 

I felt the weight on my shoulder getting heavier than usual.And if it wasn't for Jimin's soft snores, I wouldn't thought that he's asleep already.

 

We stayed with that position for several more minutes and I can feel Jimin's weight is killing me.My neck started to stiffen as it hasn't been shifted for the past 20 minutes.

 

The pizza Jimin ordered stayed at the table untouch and an awful smell roam around the room.Mostly the smell of alcohols that I'm not familiar with.

 

To kill my time, I decided to look more of the house.On my right corner was a stair leading to the second floor and on my left was another room I don't know what it consist.In front of me was the way to the kitchen and I can see another door leading to a peaceful terrace.The ceilings were high and the room was way more spacious.Everything was white but modern.In short, Jimin's house looks really pretty.

 

He was far more rich, a total opposite of who I am.I only live inside a dirty old apartment but I choose to get satisfied with it.The money I earn from my job was the only thing to keep me alive.Half of it was the payment for my apartment,though Jin hyung keep insisting to help me with that, while the rest of the money serves for other expenses such as food, lots and lots of food, and other important things.My bed was only small and I don't have the fluffiest pillow at all.So coming to Jimin's house was a really to me.

 

You see, I was born poor.My mother and father have trouble raising me.They don't have enough money, so at the age of thirteen, I was abandoned in the middle of the street.They said they will fetch me some pudding in the near convenient store, they know how much that was my favorite food, but they never came back.I waited and didn't move from where I stand near the lamppost thinking maybe the queue was just too long.After waiting for more than four hours, that's when I realize my own parents left me.I was a crybaby back then.I couldn't stop the tears, not when I don't have knowledge on what to do.I don't know where should I get food or where the hell should I sleep.I was hopeless...and homeless.I scattered around the road and sleep in the alleys with nothing but a cold hard ground beneath me.

 

Three days I've been living like a beggar, because after that, I didn't know a beautiful day will come.

 

There was this tall man in his uniform.He keep staring at me, but not the stare of disgust or depraved, instead he pity me.I thought I was offended but he offer me some help.He let me sleep in his house and eat food with him.He wash me and lend me comfort clothes.

 

Then he let me get a job, at the pizzeria.I was suprised to witness a college student already managing a business with himself.Jin hyung was a remarkable person.I've never encounter such good man.Those days I was really grateful to him so I promise to be better at my job.

 

Later on, I finally had enough money to buy myself an apartment, though Jin hyung keep insisting that I should still live with him and that he gets lonely sometimes, but I was afraid I was starting to become a burden and that I should visit him sometimes though we kept seeing each other at the pizzeria.

 

Still now that I'm sixteen, I learned many things.Even though I haven't gotten in high school, or graduated in college, I have people around me who's worth my time.Like Jin hyung, and the workers at the pizzeria and...Jin hyung.

 

 

There was a sudden movement from my shoulder and I look down to find Jimin shuffling from his position, his hair tickling my jaw and the place behind my ear.

 

I'm impress he manage to sleep in that position.It looks very uncomfortable. 

 

My nose caught the smell of his hair and I started staring at it.Yellow looked good on him.It has a scent of sweet watermelon and fresh flowers.Before I can stop myself, I was already leaning closer and gently bury my nose to those soft yellow strands of hair.I close my eyes in delight and sniff deeper.The strands brushing my cheeks and closed eyelids.

 

This moment was almost awesome.Almost.If it weren't for Jimin waking up.

 

In a speed of light, I quickly pull away as he slowly lift his head and rub his wreary eyes with a yawn escaping from his lips.After regaining his vision, he turn his attention on me.

"How long was I out?"

 

I avoid his gaze as if I wasn't just sniffing the goddamn scent on his hair earlier. 

"I'm not sure."

He hum in respond.

 

In my peripheral view, I saw him glance to the clock then stood up from the couch.He open the pizza and found it already cold.

"Are you hungry? It's almost noon."

 

"Wait what?!" I quickly look up to the clock on the wall near the stairs and curse realizing it is noon already.

I hurriedly pick up my things, although there wasn't much, then speed my way to the door.

 

Before I can grab a hold of the knob, someone pull me in the arm and turn me around.

It's none other than Jimin.

 

"What is it? Can't you see I'm in a hurry? I lost tracks of time and Jin hyung's gonna kill me!" I retract my arm from his grip and glare at him.Although it wasn't his fault that I forgot to go back at the pizzeria, it's still mostly about him.If he didn't just make me his sleeping tonic.

 

"Fine.I'm sorry but...will you come back here?"

His question caught me off guard but I tried not to show it.

He made me think for a minute which is a wasted time.I would've say no in the first place but the more I look into his eyes...ugh, just how could I say no to that?

 

"Fine.I guess I can come back when I have my free time."

 

I didn't wait for him to say anything as I open the door and ran towards my motorcycle.I ride it and wear my helmet.I inserted the key and start the engine but before I could leave, I took one last look behind.

 

Jimin was at the doorway watching me, too.

 

The inside of my chest suddenly turned nuts and my arms became dreary.I shook my head a couple of times to regain my sanity and when I did so, I drive the motor back to the pizzeria where Jin hyung scold me non-stop for being late and for coming back empty-handed.Right, I forgot to ask Jimin for the payment for the pizzas.How stupid could I get? 

 

At the end of the day, I clean the pizzeria longer than necessary and was grounded for a day as a punishment.How charming..note the sarcasm, please.

 

 

 

It's raining really hard today here in my place.Stay dry