Thrice

Once upon a Summer || jikook

 

Right now..you're in for a treat.Cause this chapter will be long..

 

 

 

I woke up with a mild head ache and throbbing limbs.I move my feet and bump onto something that fell onto the floor creating a loud screeching sound.I groan in exhaustion and slowly sit up from my position.I rub my wreary eyes before opening them.

 

I slept on the couch at the living room.No wonder my body hurts like hell.I scan my eyes around the room and saw trashes everywhere.Can of beers scattered around the floor and spill the carpet.There were also empty bags of assorted chips and dirty plates.

 

I sigh.I have a lot of cleaning to do.But my head hurts so I'm gonna deal with this later.As I got out of the couch, a piece of wrinkled paper fell down smoothly on the ground.I crouch down and pick it up to check if there was anything written on it or something. Strangely, it has.

 

We didn't bother staying for the night.You look so wasted so we let you sleep on the couch.I hope you find it really comfortable...

 

I snort.

 

...so yeah.we went home immediately.We hope you feel a lot more better.Don't let it get into you.Teehee.

 

I quickly figured it was Hoseok's handwritten.Although there was no name being introduced, I know Hoseok's handwriting very well since middle school.

 

I let myself have a faint smile on my face and crumpled the paper into a ball then throwing it in the bin.

 

I open the fridge and rummaged inside. Unfortunately, it was empty and I seriously need to have to go at the grocery.In my frustration, and hunger, I kick the fridge door close and ruffle my already messy hair.

 

I lean to the counter and flick my tounge in annoyance.I'm so hungry I could eat a cow and my fridge is empty.What a great morning.

 

I didn't realize I was reaching for the telephone and dial the pizza calling card.Since I hate cooking so much, I'll just order some pizza.But then I forgot the delivery guy had a loathe on me.

 

The phone rang a couple of times and I'm not even suprised.After a few moment, there came the same voice on the other line.

 

"Yeobeoseyo.This is Home Team Pizzeria.What can I do for you?" Suprisingly, he's not chewing some gum while talking on the telephone anymore.What an improvement.

 

His clouded voice from the phone was enough to let a smile decorate my face.

 

"It's me." I hope he didn't forget about me that easy.

 

There was a long silence after that but he never hang up.

 

Then I heard a low growl from the other line. "Oh, it's you." I have a feeling he badly wants to hang up the phone but since I'm a customer and he needed me to create money, he had no choice but to deal an annoying jerk like me.

 

"What do you want?" His lovely voice became nettle and I'm certain it's because of me.

 

I decided not to bring more anger out of him. "I want nine boxes of pizza.You know the address."

 

"Is that all?"

 

I came silent for a second.The hesitation was creeping in my body as I play with the telephone line in anxious--no, more like embarassment.I don't even know if he'll accept or not.

 

"Actually, I was thinking if you could be my company.I'm in a really awful state today."

 

I can imagine how his eyebrows knit in confusion and purse his lips in a frown.

 

"Why can't you just invite your boyfriend or something, if you have one?" He ask, sounding unsure.

 

I sigh. "My boyfriend broke up with me."

 

"Oh, uh, how 'bout your friends?"

 

"They're busy.Can you just stay for a while.I just needed someone right now.Please.."

 

I heard him release a long sigh. "Fine.I'll be there in 15." Then the call ended.I grin to myself.This is a peculiar feeling.The thought of seeing him again makes me feel...excited.

 

 

 

 

 

After I put down the phone, I can't seem to let go of it.My eyes wander somewhere as I thought about what's going to happen.About him.It wasn't my intention to agree anyway but he sound so sad.Anyways, a heartbreak is really difficult to get off from a person.Neither so, I still hate him.Don't tell me he forgot about the kiss we had yesterday.

 

"Jungkook.Jungkook!" By the time my name called twice, I snap out of my thoughts and turn around to see Jin hyung frowning at me.He peek behind me to check what I was bothering about but he didn't found any.

 

"Why are you taking so long from the phone?" He question.

 

"Oh, uh, a customer ordered nine boxes of pizza.It was a hassle. "

 

"Again?" Jin hyung was stunned for a moment but went back to being distressed. 

 

"I know right." I comment.

 

He release a long sigh before fixing his apron that was tied around his waist and push back his brown fringes away from his forehead.

 

"Alright, I better start cooking so it'll be fast.See ya around. Entertain some customers. "

 

I mentally groan after hearing his last statement.I watch Jin hyung's retreating back then shift my gaze towards the bunch of customers that keep coming inside which I needed to entertain.Ugh, entertaining people was never really my type.Everyone knows that.Not that I'm grumpy or so, I'm just too shy to approach strangers.

 

"Jungkook-ah." I turn around to the voice who called my name.

 

Lisa, from the counter, was smiling at me before she points a tray with family size of pizza.I quickly hasten towards her.

 

"Can you bring this to table 46, please?"

 

"Sure." I said as I grab the tray and find the table.It wasn't hard, not when you clearly memorize what number this table is.I also get the cleaning before the my shift ends so basically I memorize the numbers of each tables.As you can see, I'm also the delivery guy.I basically have all the job here.Though I never complain since I always get paid with good money.The manager was also my friend so I got some perks.

 

I immediately found the table which was occupied by three girls with their high school uniform.I place their pizza without no word though they keep whispering to each other about me.

 

"Isn't he cute?"

 

"Let's get his number?"

 

I quickly walk away from them.And if they tried calling 'waiter!" to gain my attention, I let Bambam work over them.

 

Finally, the pizzas were done.I set them inside the delivery bag and start my motorcycle.It wasn't mine so I should take extra care to it.

 

 

The ride wasn't that long.Plus, I promise I should be there within 15 minutes.Don't want a customer complaining about tardiness.I don't want to let anyone know that I'm not doing great with my job.It's quite embarassing.

 

I park the vehicle in front of his house--ehem--mansion, I supposed to say.I tread along the pathwalk and stop at the doorway.I took deep breaths then push the doorbell.

 

 

 

 

 

The doorbell rang which startled me in process.I glance at the clock and smile.He kept his promise to be here in 15 minutes.I quickly ran towards the door and open it to reveal him, carrying nine boxes of pizza in both hands.

 

"You know this is too many." He claimed. 

 

I only shrug. "Five boxes is not even enough."

 

He scoff and roll his eyes.I move aside and make way for him.

 

"Get in."

 

He did as he was told and proceed inside my house.I close the door from behind and watch him scan the room around after placing down the pizza on the center table.He grimace seeing the beers around the floor and lightly kicking it away with his leather shoes.

 

"This house seriously need to get a clean up."

 

"Too lazy.They can wait." I jump to the couch and pat the empty space beside me.

 

"Sit here."

 

He look at me as if I was a crazy person escaped from the mental hospital.

 

"I'm not sitting beside you." He stated, a matter of factly.

 

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm not implying you should sit beside me.I just said you can sit on this couch."

 

He roll his eyes back at me and take a seat from the other end of the couch.I snort at his action.

 

"Wow, you really hate me that much?"

 

"Very." He said, not looking at me.

 

"Oh how rude of me? I'm Park Jimin, by the way." I introduced, lending my hand in front of him.He just stare at it before looking away and bit his lip in embarassment. 

 

"Jeon Jungkook." He responded shortly.

 

 

 

We stayed like that with the pizza being untouch and I started to grew bored.

 

"I missed him already." I mumble to myself, but obviously he heard me.

 

"Who?"

 

"Yoongi." He turn his attention down and I guess he already know who are we talking to.Yet he didn't ask anything after that.

 

"What? No,'Why did you and your boyfriend broke up?'"

 

That caught his attention as he shift his head towards me. "I don't want to meddle.What if you don't want to talk about it in the first place?"

 

"Why did I get you as a company anyway?"

 

"Okay,fine.Why did you two broke up?" He said, now turning his body towards me and lay his hands to his lap neatly.

 

I examine him for a good couple of minutes before responding to his question.

 

"You remember how you kiss me yesterday?"

 

"You kissed me."

 

I chuckle.At the corner of my eye, I caught him smile.And it was pretty cute.

 

"Okay, when I kissed you yesterday.Well, he clearly saw us."

 

"And you didn't do anything about it?'

 

"I don't know what to do! I've never been in a relationship like this before.Usually, they would only last for a day or two.But with Yoongi, it was like my first.He loved me too much and so do I.But to be honest, I'm not well experienced to this kind of things." I'm glad Jungkook never complain how annoying I am when I blab, instead he put his whole attention on me and listen to every word I spoke.I like that kind of person.I may have started to like him already.In a friendly way, of course.

 

"Oh, so you're a player?" He ask which suprise me.

 

"I've been told."

 

"Ugh, I hate players." He grumble and cross his arms to look away.

 

That made me curios. "Why so?"

 

"Duh, they're like people who have nothing to do but play with people's feelings as if they were toys.I hate it when they have different partners each single day.Like seriously, aren't they contented with only one?" He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

Although he was right about everything, I still deny in behalf of myself. "But would it be too boring when stick to one? Plus, having a lot of women can make you look cool."

 

"But you can't have a lot of women." He said, now looking at me in the eyes. "Jimin, tell me,was there anyone who have taught you what is it to love and to be loved? Anyone who makes you forget all shady things of this world?Was there anyone who have given meaning to your existence?"

 

He caught me off guard.I never knew Jungkook is also this type of person.But then again, I never knew anything about him, except that he works as a pizza delivery guy.I never knew his age, or his birthday, or if he ever had a boyfriend before.Just by thinking about it makes me wonder.I wanna know more about Jungkook.

 

 

 

 

 

It seemed that I may have caught him off guard.I wanted to take back what I said but then he smile at me.His eyes then started to get droopy while his smile slowly faded.He yawn, a cute one.Or maybe he's the only one who can pull that off.Then he scooted closer, closer than my personal space.I shift uncomfortable but then he put the weight of his head on my shoulder and bury his nose at the crook of my neck.

 

I stiffened, obviously. "Wh-What do you think you're doing?"

 

He hum which sent shivers under my skin, especially to my neck. "Jungkook, have I told you before that you're really cute?"

 

The heat on my cheeks causing me to clutch my pants and bit my lip harder.

 

Did I just blush from what he said?