좋겠어 (I wish)

Ensconce
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Him." Seungcheol pointed out as he looked through the different documents. He then passed the document he was currently looking at and gave it to his assistant in front of him.

"Are you sure my prince?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm sure. If my father wants me to get married. Then it has to be him." Seungcheol said confidently.

"Alright then. But my highness, may I ask why?" The assistant smiled at him as he watched his Master lay back with a smile.

"Let's just say, he caught my eye." The Prince smiled proudly and laid back on his chair.

 

 

Yoon Jeonghan sat on the school bench and sighed and laid his head on the table, as he waited for his friends to come out of their classes. Students who walk pass him just stared and then looked away. It was finally Friday. A day where Jeonghan doesn't have to work but have a day all to himself. He made a beeline to the table bench he sees insight and slumps himself the seat

"Han-ah... what's wrong? Did something happen?" Jisoo, his best friend asked as Jisoo and another of their best friend, Seokmin took a seat opposite the long-haired male.

"I lost my coupon for free instant ramyun. 5 free packets!!!" He suddenly sat up and exclaimed, waving his hand, showing the number of free packets. 

His friends couldn't help but frown at the slumped boy and were ready to give the boy a whole 10-minute-long lecture about taking care of himself.

"Yoon Jeonghan... We told you a thousand times. You shouldn't keep eating instant ramyun. It's so unhealthy. If you continue eating it, you'll get cancer." Seokmin said, putting a lot of emphasis on the cancer part.

"But worst of all," Jisoo added. "Your hair would turn white faster!" Jisoo knowing Jeonghan's weakness said. By then, Jeonghan was holding onto his locks and running his fingers through them worriedly, giving their words a thought.

"Okay Okay stop," Jeonghan said as he cringed at the thought of his hair turning white. "I will stop eating instant ramyun for a while. But... Guys... you all should know... I don't have the money to afford proper food. I need to handle the rent, the bills, the this the that the, blah blah blah uhhhh...." Jeonghan sighed and laid back on the table again.

He then thought of the Kdramas that he has recently been watching on television.

"How I wish, I was like those leading actresses in romance dramas, having a rich guy to suddenly appear before you and proposing to you and then after that you get married and you can have whatever you want in the world."

His friends agreed. "Just imagine. Yoon Jeonghan in the arms of a rich man, with servants around him, serving and giving him whatever he demands." Jeonghan said as he close his eyes and imagines. 

"Yeah, it would be great to have a friend who would be rich," Seokmin said as he stared into space.

'How I wish it was true...' Jeonghan thought, a little more desperately

"Wait... Is the masked whatever, your crush nickname is, rich?" Joshua asked, nearing his face to Jeonghan's lifting ones, anticipating his answer since Jeonghan was such a big fan of that rapper.

"Well... From his Instagram posts and SNS pictures, he looks decent? I mean he eats steak occasionally and recently he ate lobster. But the pictures he posts show how normal his bedroom is. So, judging from all this he looks like he is above the middle class but not high-class? I mean from all I know is that he works at the bar. Jisoo didn't you forget? He hides his identity well, who knows, he may be someone studying in school for all we know." Jeonghan said as his curiosity arose for that couple of seconds but expectedly died down after that, knowing he may not even get a chance to know he really is.

Jisoo then sighed along with him and sat back in his seat looking at the table as though it's the most interesting thing around him.

Seokmin looked at the two then said. "What if we pray really hard. Who knows, it may work!"

"Seokmin! That's a dumb idea!" Jisoo and Jeonghan said in sync then looked at each other. Then all three of them just laughed.

"Okay okay Fine. Seokmin we'll just try your idea okay? I mean we have nothing to lose, right?" Jeonghan said as he smiled at his best friends and pinched Seokmin's cheek.

And with that, the three closed their eyes and wished hard. Their face was all scrunched up and their hands were together.

'How I wish... How I wish... That the masked rapper would ask me out...' Jeonghan wished silently in his heart, sounding a little (too) desperate.

After making such a wish, he didn't expect what's next to come. Murmurs and footsteps could be heard, getting louder and louder. When the trio turned their attention to where the noise was coming from, he couldn't believe his eyes. The prince of Korea and his best friend was standing before them.

Jeonghan's immediate thought, what the heck was the prince doing here and why is he looking at Jeonghan? Jeonghan started to panic a little when the prince suddenly got on one knee and presented a ring.

"Will you marry me?" The prince said. Squeals can be heard in the background.

What the heck? Jeonghan's mind suddenly blanked out. He didn't know what to do. He didn’t dare move an inch.

Murmurs can be heard from the surrounding. But it was silent in Jeonghan's head.

'Am I dreaming?' He thought to himself.

Suddenly, the prince got up and approached him. He took Jeonghan's and placed the ring in his hands.

"Go home and think about it. Give me an answer soon." And with that, the prince and the other handsome guy left the school compound.

Jeonghan continue to stay in place and felt as though his legs go numb. The crowd slowly dispersed leaving the trio alone again.

"H-Han?" Jisoo spoke up after witnessing what has happened. Suddenly Jeonghan got up.

"I got to go!" He exclaimed and stood up without waiting for his friend's response, he left. He ran all the way home, ignoring the calls of his friends and staying oblivious to his surroundings. 

When he got through the doors of his home, he immediately left everything on his bed and stripped off all his clothes and took a cold shower.  He crouched down and hugged his knees and stared into space letting the water slide down his body. He closes his eyes and thinks through.

'I'm not dreaming am I. What the heck is going on? I wished for the masked rapper to ask me out, not a freaking prince to propose to me?! I must probably be dreaming... When I go back there, into my room, the ring that the prince had given to me in my dreams would just be gone. It's all in my head, right? I must be too desperate.'

When Jeonghan stepped out of the shower, he saw the ring and slapped himself.

It hurt. Means... He is not imagining things.

But... Is he really going to marry the prince? He has always seen the prince in school. But tried his best to not get noticed because he just wanted to get his education over and done with and pursue his dream as a... what the heck. He doesn't even have a dream. He just wants to quickly get out of school and work for the rest of his life

But he always thought that he wanted to fall in love (been there done that) and go on dates, propose or get proposed to after a few months of dating. He has made that plan clearly written out in his student handbook when he was in his last year of middle school. And now that he has fallen in love with the masked rapper, he was planning to finally fulfill this list.

But, it’s the prince of Korea we're talking about here. And he is loaded. He can get anything he wants in Korea if he is the prince's wife spouse. And he needs the money. He can't keep eating instant ramyun all his life. Every time he hears Jisoo and Seokmin nag about this, he reminds (lies) to himself that every time he eats a packet of instant ramyun, his death sentence will be a year closer.

He took hold of the ring and ran his thumb over the diamond. 'Woah... This sure is expensive.' He thought about the pros and cons of this and then he immediately thought. If he married the prince, he can have an unlimited number of rings like that. And this ring on its own was probably worth a lifetime supply of instant ramyun.

He then thought about his parents and wondered, 'what would my parents say when I tell them that the prince proposed to me.' Then he immediately scratched that thought off, knowing his parents would want him to marry him of course.

Jeonghan decides to leave that thought alone before going to the kitchen to get himself a cup of water.

After that, he went to study and did his assignments, motivating himself that if he were to quickly finishing them, he'll be able to rest earlier.

By the time he was done, he saw that it was already 7 pm. He took out his phone and started scrolling through his Instagram then SNS, then Ask.fm.

He suddenly felt the hair at the back of his neck stand. He was trending on SNS and Instagram! Jeonghan eyes grew big as he scrolled his SNS.

'Omo. The Prince finally proposed! I wonder what made him made him make such a decision?'

'Woah did you guys see? Prince Choi Proposed to a guy!'

A picture of when Jeonghan was looking at the prince on his knees.

'You sure it's a guy? It looks like a girl to me. She isn't even pretty.'

'Lol. I didn't know the Prince had such bad taste. : P'

Jeonghan just switched off his phone angrily and threw it at his bed.

"Stupid girls. I am a guy for goodness sake. Can't they see my manly features? Who the hell are they to judge me for my looks? The prince chose to propose to me, didn't he? They didn't choose you, so shut the up and eat your cheap make-up products!" Jeonghan said, scoffing at his phone on the bed.

"I hope Karma bites your hard es!" He said and stomped his way to the kitchen to cook himself ramyun for dinner.

But as Jeonghan tore open his ramyun packet, he heard a knock on the door.

Leaving the half-opened packet of ramyun on the table, he went to answer the door.

There stood an old middle-aged man, in his 60s in a tuxedo, wearing white gloves. 

"Are you Yoon Jeonghan?" The man asked.

"Yes," Jeonghan gave him a straight face and nodded.

"Okay good. Will you please come with me? Prince Choi is waiting for you." He signaled, letting the boy go first through the door. A question mark just appears on top of Jeonghan's head as he went back inside and took his coat and his phone along with him. He stared at the ring and decided he should just take it with him in case. But when he stepped out of his apartment, he just stood there.

"Erm... sorry but why does the prince want to meet me?" He asked. But the immediate thought that came to mind was... '... I haven't come up with my decision.'

Even before the old man could reply, Jeonghan immediately blurted out. "Omo... If it’s about my decision, I haven't made it yet. Can you tell him to give me more time?"

The old man could tell how anxious Jeonghan was and just chuckled. "Don't worry. Prince Choi just wants to have dinner with you. So, shall we go?"

The first thought that came to mind when he heard the word dinner was, he was finally going to be able to eat proper food after three months. And with that, the old man continued to lead Jeonghan. Jeonghan walked down the states, weary and skeptical to what's to come. The moment he reaches the entrance of the building, Jeonghan's eyes widen. In front of him was a limousine. The old man opened the door for him and let him go in first before closing it. And that they were off to the Prince's Castle.

Jeonghan was in awe when he saw the large mansion slowly coming into his line of vision.

When the car pulled up, the old man opened the car door for him where Jeonghan stepped out, bowing politely as he thanked him. The servant walked forward leading Jeonghan into the mansion. Jeonghan's stomach riled up, feeling a little nervous and still very skeptical about this whole thing. He walks slowly, looking around his surroundings.

His eyes grew before than before. The place was so big the ceilings were so high, it’s like twice the height of Jeonghan's stinky apartment. Suddenly, a poodle came running towards them. The dog barked, scaring Jeonghan for a moment then he saw the dog slowed down and walked towards him, nuzzling its body all over Jeonghan's legs. Jeonghan then smiled and lowered himself down where he pats the dog.

"Hey, there little fella. You are so cute! ~" Jeonghan wanted to squeal but he knew he couldn't.

The old man looked at him with a smile and carried the dog in his arms and its head.

"This is Master Choi's puppy. Do you want to carry him? H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter