Something New

Summer Surfing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Doyoung thought back to his uncle during the ride down the hospital. He was quite worried about him because his uncle is a pretty healthy man and knew how to take care of himself. He was the only person who had helped him with the competition all these years and without him, he doesn’t know what to do. He just wishes that his uncle will be alright after all of this. 

 

They took Jaehyun’s SUV and drove down the nearest hospital. 

 

They met up with Ten and Taeyong outside the room. Taeyong seemed really fidgety and Ten was on the phone with someone. 

 

“What happened to him?” Doyoung asked. 

 

“He- he just collapsed earlier. I'm not sure what exactly happened.”

 

“Ten! What do you mean you don't know?” Doyoung yelled. “Just tell me.”

 

“Ten and I visited him after we finished jogging. We spent pretty much the whole time talking to him in his house but then he fainted out of nowhere. Ten panicked and immediately called the ambulance.”

 

Doyoung looked at Jaehyun and then at Taeyong. “What did the nurse say?”

 

“They’re still trying to find out what’s wrong.”

 

Doyoung sighed and moved to sit down. He knew that his uncle didn’t have any major health concerns. They waited for a while until the doctor came up to them. Doyoung immediately stood up.

 

“Is everything alright?”

 

The doctor nodded. “Nothing major happened. He tends to faint sometimes due to low blood pressure, dehydration, and lack of proper eating.”

 

Doyoung stared at him for a moment, but he really couldn’t say anything but Jaehyun did it for him.

 

“Thank you doctor.”

 

They eventually got to see his uncle in the room. Doyoung could see his smile when they saw each other. 

 

“Hey there buddy.”

 

“How come you didn't tell us about this? I was really worried about you.”

 

“I didn't want anyone to worry about me.”

 

Doyoung just looked at him. His uncle was extremely handsome and they have almost the same bunny-like eyes. 

 

“Please don't tell your parents about my health. I don't want them to know what’s been happening.”

 

Doyoung scrunched his brows. “Why not?”

 

“Your dad isn't the nicest pal out there. I don't want him to worry about me and drive all the way down here. Please Doyoung. I can only trust you.”

 

Doyoung bit his lips as he glanced at the door where the others were peeking through. “Okay.”

 

 

 

When they got home, Doyoung couldn't sleep. Knowing what his uncle hasn’t been taking care of himself worried him. It means that he would have to look out for him more. His uncle has been his surfing coach for years now and it seemed like those days will be over soon if he doesn’t do something to help his uncle. His uncle also lived alone so he didn’t have anyone to take care of him. He was always so healthy and had good eating and daily habits. 

 

Ten sat down next to him and rubbed his back. “He’ll be alright.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

Ten just smiled at him. Inside, Ten was hurting too. “Let’s go take a walk.”

 

Doyoung could only nod. A walk seems good. 

 

They put on their shoes and took a walk around the beach. The weather was cold but refreshing at the same time. 

 

“You don't have to say anything, Doyoung. Let's not think about it too much.”

 

Doyoung just nodded at him. “I'm driving down to Seoul tomorrow morning.”

 

“Want me to come?”

 

“You don't need to. I need to tell my dad about him because although my uncle doesn't want him to know, I have too.”

 

“Just let me come.”

 

Doyoung shook his head. “You need to stay here and watch the beach house. I only trust you. You’re my best friend.”

 

Ten opened his mouth but then closed it. “Okay.”



 

“I’m leaving to go back to Seoul today,” he announced the next morning.

 

Yuta and Taeyong looked at him. “Why?”

 

“I have to take care of some things. You guys need to stay here for me while I'm gone. I’ll return tomorrow.”

 

“Okay,” Taeyong said. 

 

“At least let Jaehyun come with you. He needs to get his stuff from his house anyways,” Yuta said. 

 

“Yeah, let him come.”

 

Jaehyun looked at him, seriousness in his eyes. “Actually can we talk about this?”

 

Doyoung shook his head. “There’s nothing to really talk about Jaehyun.”


 

They used Jaehyun’s car because it was an SUV and they both liked his car better anyways. Driving down to Seoul was like a 4-5 hour drive and they decided that they could switch off sometimes. 

 

Doyoung got into the passenger seat and waited for Jaehyun to get in. After they were all set, Jaehyun started the car.

 

“What did your uncle say to you in the hospital room?”

 

Doyoung glanced at him. “Not much. He doesn't want our family to know what happened but I need to inform my parents and everyone. He said it’s been happening awhile now and we need to tell them before it gets worse.”

 

“Why doesn't he want them to know?”

 

“He wants to keep it a secret.”

 

“Then why don't we listen to him?”

 

Doyoung looked at him. “No way.”

 

“Doyoung, if he wants to keep it a secret, then we should. There's a reason why he didn't tell anyone before. He’s been suffering with something that we all didn't know and the best thing to do is to grant him his wish. You can't just open your mouth to other people about this problem.”

 

“But he’s sick Jaehyun. I don't want him to be like that.”

 

Jaehyun reached out for his hand. “He’s a strong man.”

 

Doyoung looked down at their hands, sighing. “He is.”

 

“Just trust me okay? The surfing competition is a month away and we don’t need to worry anyone else about this situation. Just trust me on this.”

 

“Jaehyun-“

 

Jaehyun suddenly squeezed his hand. “It’s going to be alright. The guys and I will make sure that he’s going to get better while you focus on the competition.”

 

Doyoung looked at him for a long time before nodding. He trusted Jaehyun. “Okay I trust you.”



 

He met up with Sejeong and he told her about his uncle and she seemed really worried. They jogged over to his uncle’s and Sejeong examined Mr. Kim before deciding to talk. 

 

“Doyoung told me what happened. How come you didn’t tell anyone about this?”

 

“It didn’t seem like a big deal. I’ll be okay.”

 

Sejeong shook her head. “It’s not okay. I won’t be okay.”

 

Doyoung took her hands and wrapped his arms around her. He looked at his uncle and solemnly smiled. “I’ll talk to her about this. Just remember to drink your meds okay?” His uncle nodded at him. 

 

Doyoung pulled Sejeong out of the house. They walked down the beach again. When they stopped, Sejeong suddenly pushed him in the water. 

 

“Hey what was that for?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter