Surfing

Summer Surfing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Doyoung looks out into the water and sees a big a wave coming through. He quickly looks over at Ten and sees him standing up on his board, balancing himself on top of the water before emerging into the wave.

 

“You can do it Ten!” Taeyong yelled from behind him.

 

“He can’t even hear you,” Jaehyun said. “He’s like more than 50 feet away from us.”

 

“He has to make it,” Yuta said, putting his hands up to block the sun out of his eyes. “He’s been trained for this.”

 

Doyoung ignored them and kept watching Ten, but he can see that he was already losing his balance as he guided onto the wave. Ten was very far into the ocean but he can surely follow his movements and know what he's going to do next. “Come on Ten,” he whispered. If they were going enter the competition, he needed Ten to surf on the wave one full round without losing balance. Doyoung closed his eyes just as Ten fell into the water after shifting on the wave.

 

They had their first competition in a couple of weeks and Doyoung was really nervous for the both of them. Ten was an experienced surfer and had the skills, but he just wasn't ready to take on the next level. He needed Ten to practice more if he wanted to last until the finals. He quickly paddled into the water with Taeyong to see if Ten was all right. 

 

“You okay?” He asked when they reached him.

 

“I thought I had it.”

 

Doyoung just sighed. They all sat on their boards and Doyoung watched the water. “You just need to know how to maintain your balance on the board.”

 

"Yeah, I've been working on that."

 

Doyoung just nodded at him, looking up to see a wave coming at them. “Move out.” He suddenly paddled to the wave and slowly climbed on his board. This was a bigger wave than Ten’s. Just as the wave approached him, he emerged under the wave and began guiding on the water. He has been surfing for awhile now so he knew when and how to handle these types of waves. He wasn't the best in any means, but he knew how to surf.

 

He dived under the water after he was done and closed his eyes. He slowly drifted back on the surface and looked to see Ten giving him a thumbs up.

 

“Nice one Doyoung,” Jaehyun said, handing him the towel once he got on land.

 

“Thanks,” Doyoung said. He took the towel and put down his board.

 

“Sejeong is coming over,” Ten said. Doyoung quickly looked over to the direction that Ten was looking at. Hearing Sejeong’s name, he couldn’t help but have smile on his face. He likes her so much that every time he someone mentions her, his heart just starts beating. She was the only girl that could make him feel this way.

 

“Hey guys,” Sejeong cheerfully said when she walked closer to them, holding onto her orange surfboard.

 

“Hey Sejeong!” Ten smiled at her. “Are you surfing today?”

 

“Yup. What else would I be doing here?”

 

Sejeong was an amazing surfer and he really liked that about her. One of the best females surfers and she had several medals to prove it. They had both met when they took swimming lessons with his uncle when they were younger and moved onto surfing when they grew older. They spent so much of their youth together and Doyoung never wanted to ruin their friendship by telling her how much she means to him. They’ve been through so much these last few years and Sejeong really depended on him like a brother.

 

Sejeong walked over to Doyoung and linked their hands. “Come on. You still need to teach some tips on riding the wave.”

 

“Sure. See you guys later,” Doyoung said when he got dragged away from his friends. He quickly picked up his board off the ground and followed her around the beach to find a good wave.

 

“You’re joining the competition right?” Sejeong asked when they paddled into the cold water.

 

“Of course. I join it every year.”

 

Sejeong smiled at him, sitting on her board and facing Doyoung. “I won’t join it this year.”

 

“Why not?” Doyoung asked, confused. Sejeong loves surfing and he was surprised to hear that she won’t be joining. Surfing was all she does during the summer. “Surfing is everything to you Sejeong.”

 

She just nodded. “It is but I just want to relax this year. Maybe find something else to do.”

 

Doyoung sadly smiled at her before looking into the water. “Relax? What do you even by that?”

 

She just laughed and started padding all the way into the ocean. They were really far from land and everything else. He liked these moments when it was just her and him together, enjoying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter