| 5 |

❣ Cigarette | Song Mino |

Wednesday, May 24th 2017.

It was late in the afternoon, both Mino and his roommate Junhee were sitting in their living room watching some old comedy show- one that neither of them found funny since they were just sitting there in silence. Both guys had their feet on the coffee table in front of them and no pants, just their embarrassing boxers and a shirt.

It was a bad habit that started months ago when Mino thought he would be alone for the night when suddenly Junhee came home, the two guys looked at each other before they shook their shoulders. This was how their Friday night looked like most of the time.

"Mino" Junhee said breaking the silence, "does this make us gay, I mean look at us".

His roommate looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "dude really? Do you find me attractive in my Pokémon boxers".

The two boys looked each other before bursting out in laughter.

"No, I never looked at you in that way" he commented as he leaned forward to grab his drink, almost falling of the couch since he didn't take his feet off the table. "But I am curious where you got those boxers. My sister once bought me a pair that looks exactly the same, well until she decided to keep it for herself" Junhee said with an eyeroll.

Mino chuckled softly, "sounds like something she would do, and that comes from someone who only saw her a few times".

He tried to remember the last time he saw Sohye, which was the time she was at his apartment and he found out she's his roommate's sister. It had been a surprise for him to find out but it was also very useful for him. Now he had a way to connect with her, to get in touch with her when she wasn't picking up her phone or ignoring his texts.

"Speaking of my sister, has she been bugging you lately?" Junhee asked as he finally managed to get his drink, "I told her to either be nice or back off".

"No the last time I saw her was here. Could she be ignoring me so she won't get in trouble with you" he asked curiously.

Of course he had hoped that his roommate would tell him that that's not the case, but he stayed quiet for too long. The answer was already clear for him, perhaps Junhee didn't want him to get closer with his sister. It's something he did understand, but only if Junhee would just tell him what's on his mind and why not.

"Look it's not like she's forbidden to have contact with you, it's just that she's. Well she's Sohye".

Mino let out not so amused chuckle, "just say the word and I'll stay away from her".

A soft sigh escaped his mouth as he reached for his cigarettes who were laying on the armrest along with his lighter. He put one between his lips when he suddenly heard Junhee chuckle.

He raised his eyebrow as he glanced at the other boy, wondering what was so funny.

"That's the reason why she will get nasty at you" Junhee explained as he pulled the cigarette out of Mino's mouth, leavin him utterly confused. "She hates smoking more then anything else in the world. Once she told me she would rather have school 7 days in the week then be with someone who smokes".

A part of him wanted to ask why she hates smokers so much.

But he remembered the shape of his roommate when he first moved in the apartment. He looked like a broken boy who just lost everything, and a part of him was afraid that smoking might have something to do with what happened. Not that he ever asked Junhee what was going on, he didn't want to be that annoying roommate who needs to know everything.

That's why he gave up on smoking in the house for his new roommate, although he sometimes forgot about his unspoken deal with the other male.

"That's intense hate for something" Mino commented as he took the cigarette back from Junhee's grip, deciding to put it back in the container.

"Yeah, but after everything it's only natural".

He looked at how his roommate stood up, "I need some more chocolate milk, when I come back let's watch Spongebob" Junhee said without waiting for an answer as he made his way towards their little kitchen in his Spongebob boxers.

It was still amusing to Mino how similar he was with his roommate.

But the lingering question in his mind was, what happened that broke Junhee and made Sohye this way. He wanted to ask Junhee what happened so badly, but maybe it wasn't the right time yet. It would be bad if he would rush the other boy, he didn't want to ruin their friendship.

He looked down at the phone on his lap, he felt the urge to text Sohye and ask how she's doing. In his own words of course, which would probably offend her. But he decided not to do it, Friday he would have a day off. He could always contact her on Friday. Which happened to be the day that Junhee has work.

"Dude, did you need anything" Junhee asks as he walks into the room with a carton of chocolate milk and two bags of chip underneath his arm.

Mino looked at him with a grin, "first of all, seriously? Dude? But no I didn't need anything".

His roommate simply rolled his eyes as he took a seat on the couch again, the bags of chips was laying between them. Only the carton of chocolate milk was secured in his embrace.

They changed the channel until they found the right one, and they were in luck as Spongebob was being aired. They have had different situations in which they were just a few minutes late to watch their favourite show.

"Dude, really" Junhee commented as he rolled his eyes once again, "I can barely hear Spongebob laugh, turn the volume up".

The two of them started to laugh softly while Mino turned up the volume of the TV.