23:

My sweetest downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" MOONBYUL! " I shouted when I saw Moonbyul receiving slap from unknown man. She's standing still even she received a strong slap, she remains silent. I want to run towards her, but it seems like my feet is glued on the ground.

" you! How can an adopted child be the heir of the Yi's fortune!? " a slap was given once again at her. My eyes are hurting at the scene that I'm seeing right now, my heart aches as I watch her from distance.  I desperately wants to run towards her, but I can't. I feel hopeless and useless from where I am standing right now.

" I'm sorry, but that’s my parent's decision " Moonbyul sternly said and again a slap was given to her, I saw a blood rushing out from her lips at the last hit that she had received.

" parents!? They are not your parents! Get lost! " the man said and released a gun and immediately shot Moonbyul on her head. It seems like the time has slowed down as Moonbyul fall on the ground, blood is flowing out of her head and all I can do I shout her name and cry my heart out.

I saw her turn her head on my side, the tears on her eyes along with the sad smile she has made my heart shutter into pieces.

" MOONBYUL! " I shouted as I catch my breath. I looked at my side and saw a peaceful Moonbyul sleeping while holding my hand. I'm sweating like crazy from that dream, I placed my hands on my cheeks and felt tears flowing out from there. I felt real... what was that?

 " hmm " Moonbyul scratched her eyes and saw me. She immediately sat down and looked at me worriedly.

" what happened? " she asked while wiping my tears. I shook my head and reach for a hug, I hugged her tight and buried my face on her neck.

" hush, I'm here… stop crying now " she said as she pats my back.

I woke up by a loud ringing of an alarm clock. I refuse to open my eyes, instead I reach for someone who's beside me, but when my hands didn't feel the familiar warmth that I'm looking for I immediately opened my eyes even the light is blinding me.

I frowned at myself when I saw an empty space beside me-- where is she?

After I turn my phone off, I put on my slippers and immediately head out of the room. I slept on her condo because she didn't want to let me go last night so I end up sleeping here.

" thank you sir " I saw Moonbyul shaking hands with a middle-aged man before it left the condo. Our eyes met when she turned around and the smile on her face immediately lit up, she walked towards me and suddenly planted a kiss on my lips.

" ya! " I shouted at her and covered my lips-- I haven't brushed yet! Jeez.

" hmm? " she raised both of her eyebrows, but still the smile on her face is still on. I rushed towards the sink and gargle some water.

" did you hate my kiss that much? " she said while having her arms crossed.

" I just woke up, I haven't washed my face nor brush my teeth! " I complained-- what if I had a bad breath? What if she didn't kiss me ever again because of that!? I won't like for that to happen...

" pabo " she chuckled and went towards me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and smiled cheekily at me.

" araso, I'm sorry. Stop pouting now " she said.

" who's that man earlier? " I asked. She let go of me and walked towards the fridge.

" my attorney " she shortly responded.

" why is he here? " I continued.

" we just discussed some things. Now stop asking me and wash up on your condo and get back here. I'm going to prepare our breakfast " she said while having eggs on her hands.

" and dress something comfortable we're going out " she added.

I went out of her condo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter