Growl - Part 2

Dribs and Drabs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was mid-afternoon by the time the others started coming back to Jiyong's. Jiyong had used that time wisely, sleeping the rest of the morning and early afternoon away – making up for the sleep he gone without the night before. He slept in his wolf form (which he hardly ever did), snuggled in close to the injured white wolf.

 

Jiyong bizarrely found himself being extremely protective. Maybe it was a mixture of recently discovering his feelings for the young wolf and the fact he now knew who Seungri was, but whatever the reason Jiyong didn't want to put even a little distance between them.

 

“Anything?” He questioned Daesung, who was first to return.

 

“Nothing,” Daesung replied with a brief empty shake of his head. “It doesn't seem like they got anything though, or there would have been no need for them to chase and attack Seungri the way they did,” he figured whilst thinking through the situation from the night before. That had been Jiyong's assumption too. “I did find this though,” Daesung handed Jiyong a folded piece of paper.

 

Opening it, Jiyong found it was a copy of a family register. Seungri's family register to be precise and just as they'd assumed, Seungri was definitely who they thought he was – little Lee Seunghyun. There was also a few old photo's Daesung had found among others that had been flung and had scattered across the floor. Daesung had brought them with him because it was easy to see who they all were, it was them, all five of them as very small children.

 

Watching as Jiyong slowly looked closely at each photo, Daesung couldn't help but notice the way Jiyong's eyes seemed to gravitate towards the small blond boy in every photo. “What do you think happened?... I mean, where are his parents? Where have they all been all this time?” Daesung wondered aloud. “Do you think... I mean this can't all be connected, can it? You don't think...”

 

Daesung looked at Jiyong, the look in his eye said everything he was asking that words did not. “I don't know,” Jiyong answered honestly. It seemed too far-fetched, too unbelievable for everything to be connected but it was certainly starting to look that way. In all likeliness though, they'd have to wait for Seungri to wake up before they got any real answers.

 

 

Seunghyun and Youngbae arrived back at the same time, having met on the way. Seunghyun had traced the scent a little further out of town until the trail went cold. It seemed like there had been more than just the two of them as he picked up more than just the two original scents. Seunghyun's findings were also clarified by Youngbae. He'd been finding out as much as he could about the two strange wolves from people in town. He'd quickly learned that there were actually four of them in total. They'd been staying at a hotel close to Seungri's apartment for over a week, and one of the hotel rooms they were using even looked out over Seungri's apartment complex. It seemed like they'd been watching him – which in all honesty didn't really surprise anyone given what had taken place.

 

It all seemed very organised and meticulous, which was only cause for further concern. Whatever they wanted was obviously important, and Jiyong knew they'd be back. People don't give up on something that valuable to them.

 

“Did you find anything to say who they were?” Their alpha asked as everything so far seemed to be drawing a blank. “Or any clues whatsoever?”

 

“Nothing,” Youngbae met Jiyong's gaze, both had a serious expression. “They seem like professionals,” he mentioned.

 

Shaking his head, Jiyong quickly dismissed the notion. “No... or at least not the two wolves chasing Seungri.” He knew by the way they fought, and how quickly they gave up that they weren't trained in a professional sense.

 

“So we still have no idea about why they attacked Seungri.” Daesung spoke, stating the obvious.

 

 

It went quiet for a few minutes while they thought everything through in their own minds, trying to piece together an indecipherable jigsaw because right now, they didn't have the correct pieces. “You do realise this could all be because Seungri got involved in something he shouldn't have... I mean, how do we even know that Seungri isn't the bad guy here?” Top spoke wisely, bringing reality into the conversation. Yes they did know Seungri - emphasis on did. After all, a lot of years had past and even from Jiyong's point of view, Seungri didn't exactly seem all sweetness and innocence. He had hid everything about himself since arriving in town, even the fact he was their long lost childhood friend. It was true they were all suspicious of Seungri, even Jiyong in spite of the fact he was sleeping with him. And it was also true like Seunghyun just said, for all they knew Seungri was indeed the bad guy.

 

“Yeah, maybe he took something that belonged to them and they wanted it back,” Daesung mused in a not-really-knowing way.

 

Jiyong's face told them he wasn't liking the direction the conversation was heading, but he couldn't speak up because even he couldn't actually dismiss the idea - as much as he might want to. Deep down, in spite of not really knowing him, Jiyong personally saw Seungri more as a mysterious enigma. An alluring enigma, but not a bad one. From the time he spent with Seungri, (mostly in bed, granted!) he came to the conclusion Seungri wasn't a bad person. That he was just guarded and that he liked having the upper-hand on Jiyong and his pack. To Jiyong, Seungri was merely playful; a little smug and taunting yes, but he wasn't a bad person or someone that would bring trouble upon himself in this way.

 

Noticing the more defensive change in Jiyong's posture, Youngbae decided to put forward his thoughts. “I think we need to wait to hear what Seungri has to say before drawing any conclusions.”

 

“I wasn't accusing him of anything,” Seunghyun felt the need explain, noticing a slight tension starting to emerge. “All I was trying to say is that we should keep an open mind because we really don't know anything about him.”

 

“Exactly,” Daesung quickly backed up his hyung. “I mean we don't know anything about any of them.”

 

“What...” Seungri startled them as he suddenly appeared from the small hallway that led to Jiyong's room. “What... What exactly do you want to know?” Seungri spoke as clearly and as confidently as he could despite having to pause between words due to the shooting pains searing through his abdomen. He had a hand covering the deep wound to his side as he tried to mask the obvious pain he was in.

 

They all gawped at him for a long moment, mostly due to the pure white hair on Seungri's head. Suddenly all the hair dye they often saw him buy was beginning to make sense. Initially they figured he was going grey early or something because he was always buying dye, but now the answer was clear – it was to hide his white hair, to hide his identity.

 

“You shouldn't be up,” Jiyong ignored Seungri's words, choosing to focus more on his lover's physical condition right now. Seungri should have taken longer to heal before shifting back into his human form as quite a few of his wounds had been pulled open during the shift and had started bleeding again. “You need longer to heal.”

 

Ignoring Jiyong who was now at his side and had taken his arm in an attempt to take him back to bed, Seungri kept his eyes focused on Seunghyun and Daesung who'd voiced their open-minded but evidently distrusting opinions. “What do you want to know?” He addressed the two.

 

“Everything,” Seunghyun stated bluntly. “We know who you are, Lee Seunghyun... What we don't know is why you are here? Who were the men chasing you? Why are they chasing you, what do they want?”

 

“Where are your parents? Why did you all even leave in the first place?” Daesung also added, as he and Seunghyun bombarded Seungri with question after question without giving him a chance to answer.

 

Wincing again, Seungri doubled over in pain before he could even start to reply. Jiyong tried to take him back to his room but Seungri refused to go. Instead, Jiyong helped Seungri to the sofa, being careful as he gently lowered Seungri down until he was sitting a little more comfortably - a little more, because it was obvious Seungri was still in a lot of pain.

 

“I'm here...” Seungri began, he was lying back against the back of the sofa, his eyes closed as he tried to bear with the pain and talk at the same time. “Because... my father, he... he told me to...” he paused for a moment as another burst of pain shot through his abdomen. “He told me come here.”

 

“Where is your father now?” Youngbae asked curiously.

 

“Dead.” Seungri's reply was blunt and empty, like he'd become emotionally detached. “My mother too.”

 

There was a moment of pure silence, heads hung in solace – it was something every one of them in the room could relate too as they'd all experienced the exact same thing. “How did they die?” Daesung asked with an apprehensive quiet voice.

 

“One of the men who were chasing me,” Seungri paused for a breath. “He infiltrated our pack,” he explained briefly, getting to the point without going into specifics. “He killed my parents, and now he's after me.”

 

“Why?” Youngbae naturally wondered.

 

Opening his eyes, Seungri turned his head a little in the direction of the other four wolves. “Honestly, I don't really know,” he tried to show his sincerity in his gaze. He truly wanted them to believe him, wanted Jiyong to believe him. And nothing said that more than the way his eyes lingered on the alpha. “They wanted me to give them the map? But I have no idea what they are talking about.”

 

At this, the other four wolves eye's widened. They looked briefly between each other, their eyes and shifty nature told Seungri that there was more than a good possibility they knew something. “What is it?” He questioned, curious to know what the others knew.

 

The four wolves once again looked between each other, silently debating on whether they should confide in the young white wolf. There were still major trust issues, but given what had just happened to Seungri and the fact he'd opened up somewhat, it was decided they should do the same in return.

 

“We all have these strange scars,” Jiyong began, pulling his oversized t-shirt to one side to show the rather odd shaped scar that decorated almost his entire left shoulder. Of course Seungri had seen that before, kissed it before - but in truth, had never taken much notice of what it actually looked like or questioned how Jiyong got it – of course, they never really did talk much.

 

Once Jiyong revealed his, Youngbae, Daesung and Seunghyun followed suit, showing theirs to Seungri also. “Strange right?” Top mentioned, to which Seungri naturally agreed.

 

“It would be too much of coincidence for us all to have received similar kinds of scars, right?” Jiyong then went on. “Then we realised, they seemed like they would fit together...”

 

“A map?” Seungri questioned with raised eyebrows.

 

“Yes, a map,” Jiyong readily agreed. At this point, Seungri watched as Jiyong left the room for a moment before coming back seconds later with quite a few photos and pieces of paper.

 

Laying them out on the large rug, Seungri winced and groaned in pain as he moved forward to see what he was being shown. Jiyong looked on concerned, but didn't say or do anything because he knew not to. “We made images of our scars,” Daesung spoke, explaining to Seungri what he was looking at. “And have tried piecing them together in loads of different ways...”

 

“We're not sure, but this one seems like the closest to being right,” Youngbae lifted the sheet of paper he was talking about. “Our scars seem to fit together the best in this position... but we don't know, it just seems like there's a piece missing... or something,” he mentioned, after looking at it again in a scrutinising and analysing kind of way.

 

“You don't happen to have a strange scar do you?” Daesung asked jokingly.

 

“He doesn't... he doesn't really have any scars.” Jiyong answered impulsively in place of Seungri, not realising what he was saying or insinuating even when Youngbae, Seunghyun and Daesung all looked at him in surprise question.

 

Seungri couldn't help the knowing smirk that formed on his face at Jiyong's response, but he quickly schooled his features not wanting anyone to notice. “Actually, I do...” he paused for a moment as he waited for Jiyong and the other three to turn their attention back to him. “I do have a strange scar.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter