Bitten - Part 3

Dribs and Drabs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I know I said this part was going to be the final revealing part, but I kinds wrote too much and was nowhere near concluding it yet.  So part 4 will be the end, and this is just an additional chapter to get us to the conclusion... If you have any theories of what's happening let me know, I'm actually curious to know your thoughts :)

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong felt relieved when he saw who was calling. He knew he'd been a complete , and the fact Youngbae had been avoiding him for the last few weeks only helped confirm that. Youngbae was very loyal, the closest friend he had, yet Jiyong had treat him so disrespectfully due to nothing but downright jealousy.

 

“Look Bae, I'm sorry about everything I said,” Jiyong immediately started to apologise the second he answered the call, not giving his friend a chance to talk. “My head is a mess right now, and you know my feelings are all over the place,” he attempted to excuse his behaviour in an honest yet blunt way.

 

“Jiyong?” He heard a shaky sounding voice that definitely wasn't his friend. “I didn't know who else to call... I don't know what to do...”

 

“Seungri?” Jiyong questioned, standing up both surprised due to the fact Seungri was calling him, and concerned at the same time that the younger was calling him from Youngbae's phone and sounded panicked.

 

“Yes... it's me, Seungri,” the younger quickly confirmed. “I don't know what to do... It's Youngbae hyung, he's completely out of it and won't stop being sick... He's delirious, burning up, there's blood everywhere... I don't know what to do...”

 

There was an urgent desperation in Seungri's voice, Jiyong could hear the fear and worry as the younger spoke. Whatever it was, it was serious. “Okay, just calm down,” Jiyong immediately urged as he stood up and started pulling clothes on. “Where are you?”

 

“We're at my house,” Seungri provided. “Oh god, he's being sick again... He's puking blood Jiyong, is that normal? He's sweating too but also shivering, I don't know what to do.”

 

Jiyong ran his hand through his hair in worried exasperation. It took him a moment to get his head together before he whizzed out the house in order to get to the younger's as soon as possible.

 

 

When Jiyong arrived at Seungri's, he was met by a high metal gate. He rang a few times but no one answered, knowing he didn't have any other choice - after having a quick look around to make sure no one was watching him, Jiyong jumped, easily making it over the gate before he moved as quickly as he could to the younger's front door.

 

Knocking, he tried to look as normal as possible as he didn't know who would open the door. Luckily it was Seungri, who rapidly ushered him through to where Youngbae was lying covered in blood on the family sofa. “What happened?” Jiyong immediately questioned as he approached his life long friend.

 

Seungri looked a little skittish, he looked nervous and afraid. He was standing watching from over Jiyong's shoulder as Jiyong started checking over Youngbae. “SEUNGRI,” Jiyong said his name impatiently. “Tell me what the hell happened.”

 

Jiyong was seriously worried, in all the time he'd known Youngbae he'd never seen his friend in this state. He'd been badly injured before, but never like this. “I don't know, I don't know what happened...” Seungri assured before going on to explain the events that happened just prior to this. “We were just talking... about everything,” Seungri emphasised the word. “We were trying to make sense of what is happening... between... us,” the younger swallowed uncomfortably as he said the last word, as it was hard for him to say. “Me and you,” he clarified just in case Jiyong didn't quite understand what he meant.

 

“Then what.” Jiyong prompted, needing to know everything that led to Youngbae being like this.

 

“He wanted to try my blood,” Seungri went on, his voice sounding more panicked and upset as he spoke. “He said you said there is something about my blood... That it tasted like heaven, or was addictive – I don't know, something like that.”

 

Although the idea of Seungri letting Youngbae try his blood really aggravated Jiyong, he knew he had more pressing matters to deal with. “So he tried your blood?” Jiyong asked, although he already knew the answer.

 

“He only tried a tiny little bit and quickly backed away,” Seungri let Jiyong know. “I don't know what happened. His face was twisted as if my blood was vile to him, then he immediately started being sick... and he's been this way ever since.”

 

“Your blood did this?” Jiyong implored, needing to know.

 

“I think... I don't know...” Seungri stressed, biting his lip in worry. “Is he going to be okay?” The younger asked, fraught with fear and worry.

 

“I don't know,” Jiyong was honest because he didn't know. He'd never come across something like this before. It was something else that was new, and ironically it involved Seungri. “Look, I need you to call Seunghyun,” the older vampire instructed the younger. “And we need to get him out of here. I need to take him back to mine... Can you drive? Do you have a car?”

 

Seungri nodded in reply but stood motionless, he couldn't think straight, his emotions were all over. “Seungri call Seunghyun, tell him what has happened and then go get your car. Now!” Jiyong ordered, snapping the younger out of his panicking thoughts.

 

Seungri did as instructed but he was shaking too much to drive, so Jiyong drove instead while constantly observing Seungri taking care of Youngbae in the back seat. Jiyong had a feeling he knew what was wrong with Youngbae, but he needed a professional opinion to help corroborate this.

 

When they arrived at Jiyong's, Seunghyun was already there, he looked on in anxious suspense as Jiyong carried his friend straight through to his bedroom. “Doc is on his way,” Seunghyun immediately informed Jiyong as the older vampire did his best to make Youngbae as comfortable as possible.

 

Seungri was standing back, watching uneasily from a distance. He was worried sick, not only due to Youngbae's current state but also the likeliness that he might actually be responsible for it. He could see how serious this was, just by the other two's reactions alone. Jiyong was stripping Youngbae, removing the blood soaked clothes as Seunghyun went and got some warm water and a cloth.

 

Youngbae was shivering under the covers, he was so cold his teeth were chattering. But then sweat was pouring off him, so much so, it had Jiyong rubbing him down every 5 minutes with the cloth.

 

The doctor arrived at the same time as Daesung. They all stood back, allowing the doctor to examine Youngbae fully. “What happened?” Doctor Chung asked, requiring some much needed information before deciding on what was best to do for his patient.

 

“He drank from Seungri,” Jiyong spoke openly, gesturing to the boy in question, to which all eyes turned to the younger. “Then this happened.”

 

“And what are you?” Doctor Chung addressed Seungri, his question direct, startling the younger.

 

Seungri looked uncomfortable with all eyes focused on him. “He's like us,” Jiyong answered for him, referring to the fact Seungri was a vampire. The doctor looked at Seungri for a long moment, before turning his attention back to the patient.

 

“I've never seen anything like this,” the doctor expressed as he went about checking over Youngbae. It was difficult for vampires, their vitals couldn't be checked in the typical way. It was hard to know what was going on, but from just looking at and briefly checking over, the doctor could already speculate what the problem was. Turing in Jiyong's direction, but not quite looking at the older vampire, “Leave us,” the doctor ordered, essentially asking everyone to leave so he could examine Youngbae more thoroughly in private.

 

Seunghyun walked out first as Daesung guided a worried Seungri from the room. Jiyong lingered for a while, he didn't really want to leave his oldest friend but on looking at the doctor, he knew his friend was in good hands.

 

 

 

For a vampire time was essentially rendered irrelevant. Their lives weren't governed by years or the ageing process. They literally had all the time in the world, yet the hour the doctor was in the room alone with Youngbae felt like an eternity. Never had time gone by so slow.

 

Jiyong constantly paced his living room while Seunghyun stood motionless looking out the window. Daesung sat with a fearful looking Seungri, trying to comfort the younger who was obviously holding himself responsible for the state of Youngbae. He realised during this time that Seungri had come to like and respect the older vampire just as much as Youngbae liked him. It seemed amidst the chaos and drama that was occurring with Jiyong, new friendships had certainly been formed.

 

Seungri kept nervously gazing at Jiyong and Seunghyun, it was obvious by the silent concern etched on their faces how worried they were about their friend. And that only made Seungri worry more. If they were worried, and they'd been around for so long then something seriously had to be wrong. And it looked ever more likely that he was the sole cause of this, his blood had done this to Youngbae.

 

It was only after quite a while later that the doctor finally came out of the room. Jiyong stopped pacing, as he faced the doctor in question while Seunghyun immediately turned and walked closer. Seungri stood, and Daesung automatically followed. All eyes were anxiously on the doctor.

 

“He's stable,” the doctor assured them first and foremost, letting them know their friend was no longer in serious danger. “He's still quite poorly, but he's going to be fine.”

 

“So what happened?” Seunghyun questioned confused, he'd never witnessed anything like that with a vampire before.

 

“Seungri's blood, it poisoned him right?” Jiyong spoke his thoughts, much to the horror that appeared on the youngest vampires face at this.

 

“How is that even possible?” Daesung rhetorically muttered the question they were all undeniably asking themselves.

 

“That was my initial thought too,” the doctor addressed Jiyong, alluding to his assumption. It seemed they had both been thinking the same thing. “But it wasn't that he'd been poisoned... Hmm...” the doctor took a moment to decide on how to explain. “It was more like he had a severe allergic reaction.”

 

“How is that even possible?” Daesung asked, again he looked visibly stunned and confused. “I thought it wasn't possible for things like that to happen to vampires.”

 

“Its not possible,” Seunghyun stepped forward, his words firm as was his belief.

 

“I thought so too,” Doctor Chung took off his glasses to wipe them before putting them back on and looking at Seunghyun. “But it appears we were wrong... Do you mind if I test a theory,” he maintained eye contact with the second oldest vampire.

 

Seunghyun never responded, just simply stood there as the doctor rolled up his sleeve. “Seungri, can you come here,” he beckoned the younger over.

 

Daesung's hand slipped from Seungri's shoulder as the younger hesitantly walked towards the doctor. “I just need a drop of your blood,” Doctor Chung assured him as he used a small pin to pierce the younger's thumb. Then carefully, he took Seungri's thumb and placed it on Seunghyun's forearm.

 

The reaction was instant, Seunghyun hissed in pain as within seconds a few huge blisters appeared where the blood was placed. “How can that be?” Daesung asked, as all four of them looked down on Seunghyun's wrist.

 

“I have no idea,” the doctor was as stupefied as the rest. “And this is with only a drop of Seungri's blood, Seunghyun didn't ingest it... Now you can understand why Youngbae is in the state he's in,” he stated wisely. “Also, I have another theory,” he added, this time looking towards Daesung. “If I'm right, his blood isn't only harmful to vampires...” At this, he approached Daesung. Squeezing Seungri's thumb so the blood was beading at the surface once more, the doctor then proceeded in placing the younger's thumb on Daesung's forearm to which the exact same reaction occurred.

 

“How can that be?” Daesung wondered out loud, his face showing his astonished bewilderment.

 

“We need to do some tests,” the doctor stated as this was something new. Something he'd never seen before. “I need a sample of your blood,” he spoke directly to Seungri.

 

“S-Sure,” the younger agreed, he was completely taken aback by all this.

 

Jiyong who had been just standing observing and absorbing the information suddenly spoke up. “What about me?” He addressed everyone there.

 

“What about you?” The doctor then queried, not knowing what Jiyong was getting at. “Do you want me to test Seungri's blood on you too?” He asked.

 

“That's the thing,” Jiyong spoke in a firm and open manner. “Seungri's blood doesn't affect me... Well not in the way you think anyway,” he summed up because the younger's blood most certainly did affect him just in a very very different way.

 

“What do you mean?” The doctor looked puzzled by what Jiyong was trying to say. At this, Jiyong did as the doctor had done and placed Seungri's bloodied thumb on his arm... and nothing. Then just to further his meaning, he raised the younger's wrist to his mouth – the doctor looked about to protest but it was too late as Jiyong bit into the pulsing flesh and began to drink, his eyes closing for an all too brief moment as the taste he loved so much rushed his senses.

 

Doctor Chung was stunned, not only by the fact Jiyong wasn't affected the same as the others but also because he could see the effect Seungri's blood had on Jiyong was anything but normal. He could see Jiyong trying to control himself, forcing back his fangs while trying to focus on their current situation with Youngbae rather than the idea of grabbing Seungri and taking him somewhere to do their usual naughty activity.

 

“You sired him?” It was a rightful assumption, rather than a question on the doctor's behalf. Although the expression on doctor's face did say he was surprised by this.

 

“He was dying,” Jiyong spoke matter of fact, his words nothing but honest. “I did what I did to save him,” he added unapologetically.

 

Seungri shied under the doctor's scrutinising eyes. The doctor was obviously just assessing the situation which Seungri was the main focus of, but Seungri really didn't like the attention – mostly because he was starting to feel like in some way he was responsible for this entire mess whereas up until now he'd been able to blame Jiyong. But it turns out nothing about this is normal, to the point even the eldest vampires are majorly concerned.

 

“I think it's best I take a blood sample from you and Seungri,” Doctor Chung told Jiyong as he turned back to the oldest vampire. “It's probably just something to do with the sire bond...” the doctor attempted to downgrade the issue.

 

“It's not,” Jiyong was quick to assure him, his eyes meeting the doctor's in a serious gaze. “It's not the sire bond... Whatever is going on, its something different and seems to be affecting me and Seungri in a completely different way to how the sire bond should,” he added, giving the doctor more information without going into too much detail. “Something is not right, and it seems to have something to do with Seungri.... We...” he gestured to himself, Seunghyun and Daesung. “We've been looking into his background, but so far we haven't found anything.”

 

At this Seungri's eyes shot to Jiyong, but he kept tight lipped despite the fact he was seething at this, at the way Jiyong made it sound. It made him feel like an object, an insignificant problem that needed to be handled. Jiyong made it sound like he, Seungri himself, didn't matter and that it was all about getting to the root of the problem – that also being Seungri himself.

 

“Well you know a lot more than me about things like that,” the doctor admitted. “If you need any help though...” the offer was there.

 

Jiyong nodded at the sentiment. Doctor Chung had become a good friend, if friend was the right term to use. He was more of a confidant, an ally, someone he trusted without question. Doctor Chung was human, but was more than aware of the dangers that often stalked the night. Jiyong and Youngbae had saved the doctor in his youth from a fate worse than death, hence the loyalty he constantly awarded them with until this day.

 

“Can we see him now?” Jiyong then asked, referring back to the real reason the doctor was actually here.

 

“Sure,” Doctor Chung smiled, he could see how eager the men were to see their friend. “He will be fine, although it might take a few weeks until he's back to normal,” he told them honestly. Youngbae's body had taken quite a bit of battering from Seungri's blood. Turning to the boy in question he held eye contact. “Whatever you're made of, it's lethal!” Seungri visibly swallowed at this. “If he'd drank more, I'm in no doubt it would've killed him...” Doctor Chung was deadly serious, and his words seemed to loom over them all, their eye's all went to the boy in question.

 

It was a strange moment, the doctor's point poignant. It made them all realise that in Seungri's presence they weren't as indestructible as they previously thought. Seungri was a real danger to them, his blood could literally kill them – well, all except Jiyong. But Seungri's affect on the oldest was no joke either. Whatever Seungri was made of caused him to be dangerous to all of them, that fact alone had them all looking at the younger differently.

 

 

Before leaving, the doctor took samples of Jiyong's blood and then afterwards Seungri's. Just to test his already existing theory, without letting Seungri know what he was doing, he checked the younger's blood against his own skin. And just as he thought, a couple of painful blisters quickly formed. Seungri was absolutely stunned at this, never in his past could he recall his blood ever harming anyone. Then again, he couldn't remember the last time he actually bled openly. His parents always said he was a tough kid as he hardly ever got hurt. He hardly ever bruised also, and barely ever even had a graze. On an odd occasion when there may have been a trickle of blood, his parents (for hygiene and sterilisation purposes they'd assured him) they always wore gloves. So now, for the first time, Seungri was looking at and thinking through everything he was ever told with a different mindset.

 

Maybe his parents actually knew something.

 

Not that that helped him right now. His parents were out the country, they wouldn't be back for another few weeks. But they had to know something, surely. They couldn't possibly have raised him without knowing his blood was literally toxic.

 

Seungri nervously entered Jiyong's bedroom, but remained at the back of the room, away from everyone else. Not only was he not one of them, but the fact he was a walking danger to them told him to keep himself at a distance. Youngbae did look a lot better, but he was still unconscious. Seungri couldn't see properly from his view point beside the door, but seeing the others talking a lot more carefree around the unconscious vampire, led him to believe their minds were now at ease since Youngbae was no longer in any immediate danger.

 

 

Seungri felt completely out of place once they all left Jiyong's room, leaving Youngbae in peace to recover. It was late by that point, and he wasn't any more aware of what had happened tonight than in this very moment. Eyes all focused on him, their expressions unreadable but Seungri could feel the hostility emanating from them – or at least he thought he could. It could be his own paranoid thoughts because if he was them, he would blame him. After all he single handily nearly killed one of the them.

 

“It's been a long day,” Daesung broke the tension, his arms raised in the air, his back arched as he stretched to relieve some of the pressure in his aching joints. He's been so tense earlier, he was paying the price for it now. “I think I'm going to head home.”

 

“Me too,” Seunghyun added. “Call me if anything changes,” he spoke to Jiyong.

 

“Of course,” Jiyong instantly agreed.

 

“I'll drop Seungri off home on the way,” Daesung mentioned, as looking at the younger he was clearly in no state to drive. “I don't think he should drive,” he'd noticed Seungri's car when arriving at Jiyong's earlier.

 

Seungri was thankful for that, truthfully he was still pretty shaken about what happened with Youngbae not to mention learning that he was a literal walking danger to everyone and anyone apparently.

 

But as Seungri stepped towards Daesung as if to leave, Jiyong grabbed his arm stopping him from leaving. “You're not going anywhere,” Jiyong told him in no uncertain terms. The authoritative tone used made Seungri stand still. Strangely where he might once have argued or ignored the older, this time he did as he was told. “I want you where I can see you!”

 

Daesung and Seunghyun just looked at each other with raised eyebrows but never said a word before leaving. Seungri didn't know what Jiyong meant by them few words but he figured it had something to do with him being some kind of lethal biohazard.

 

Seungri didn't know what to do, he stood there stupidly for ages before Jiyong told him to go sit down. And he did because for some reason sitting down awkwardly felt a little more bearable that standing awkwardly. “Here, you should drink this,” Jiyong through a bottle of V18 at him. Seungri clumsily caught it, but then just held onto it. He watched though as Jiyong drank from his own bottle of V18, the older almost draining the entire bottle in one go.

 

He looked s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter