Punch Drunk Love

The fault in your star (moving)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

********************

Author's Pre-Note

At the part where Jonghyun enters the bedroom and mentions a music called "Danse Bacchanale" playing in the background, you'll can click here for the piece -->   "Danse Bacchanale, from "Samson et Dalila" (Saint-Saens)"

The scene has been written keeping the musical performance in mind so if you'll listen to it while reading the scene it should enrich the experience though you'll will need to adjust the speed of reading as per the changes in the music. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

****************

 

 

Jonghyun

 

Kibum will be here anytime and there is still so much to do!! A near panic stricken Jonghyun is struck in a traffic jam a few kilometres away from his apartment. “Why did an accident have to take place today?! I hope Taemin managed to get the decorations done,” I hope he didn’t trip over himself and set the house on fire. Jonghyun is brought out of his thoughts when his phone rings.

Ah Minho! “Hey! What’s the status? Is the house okay?”

Jonghyun’s question is answered with a familiar cackle. “Hahaha, yes my man! The house is not only okay but it is ready. Though I have to say, why in the world did you leave it up to the magic hands! We are lucky I got here on time.” “YA! I was doing perfectly well till you nearly scared me to death while entering the house like a ghost and made me trip over the food table” Jonghyun could hear Taemin yell in a shaky voice, still visibly anxious of the incident.

“Do we still have food? Cause you know I’m still outsid-”

“Relax Jjong! The food is okay, the decorations are done, and the flowers are set. Now only the cake is remaining. Which reminds me, what is taking you so long?”

“Ah! I’m just a few kilometres away but stuck in a traffic jam. Some accident. I shall b- Oh! We are moving now! FINALLY! Be there in five!” A sigh of relief left Jonghyun’s lips as he finally put his leg on the accelerator. As he eased into driving he couldn’t help his mind from wondering about the argument he had with Jinki where he confessed to him. It has been a month already! Why hasn’t that man said anything yet? Is he also avoiding me? Well I will find out today. Jonghyun was in no doubt that Jinki will come for Kibum’s surprise party along with a lot of other guests since Taemin was the one who asked him. He knew it will be difficult to get some alone-time with Jinki but he was hoping Taemin would be kept busy by Kibum.

It was nearly 4 PM when Jonghyun reached, but it wasn’t another hour until the guests started pouring in. All but two were there, of which one was the birthday boy. It was another hour until Kibum and Jinki entered the house together. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” everyone shouted in unison when they saw Kibum at the door. Kibum faked a surprised look and walked up to Jonghyun for a hug, then Taemin, then Minho and then one by one he greeted everyone. They immediately got down to cutting the cake, red velvet, and popping whatever bottles people could get a hold of. Soon the house was full of giggles and merrymaking with mellow but romantic classical music playing in the background.

To Jonghyun, however, all this merriment was just a blur, a background noise. To him only one voice stood in the centre of his world. He would constantly steal glances towards Jinki and every time the man laughed his own heart would skip a beat. I am never getting over his honeydew voice! Just as Jonghyun was pretending to be involved in a conversation with god-alone-knows-who, he heard Jinki excuse himself to the bathroom and saw his figure disappear into Taemin's bedroom. He immediately excused himself and followed suit. This is it! I’m not letting him get away this time!

Jonghyun slowly entered the room, checking for signs of any life in the room, then gently shut the door behind him. The room was dark but the curtains were ajar letting enough light into the room to have a decent conversation without alarming anyone. He was glad to hear the voices outside getting livelier as the alcohol was finally taking effect on some guests and the music playing a steady but bright timber. Jonghyun, being a romantic by nature, had carefully picked the songs for the occasion. But now isn’t the time to enjoy Danse Bacchanale. Jonghyun took a few deep breathes and prepared what he had to say but all thoughts vanished the moment Jinki walked out of the bathroom.

Jinki immediately took notice of the shorter man and just stood near the bathroom doorway, his back being flooded in weak yellow light. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds and then like a thunderstorm the noise from the party hit the room. Almost as if keeping with their heartbeats, the music picked up its rhythm.

“Looks like it will be a successfu

Please log in to read the full chapter