Quasimodo and Medusa

The fault in your star (moving)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

******

It was early Tuesday morning. The trains and streets were filled with people hurrying towards a known destination. Most were off to work or school and some to the malls. But not the two of them. Taehyung and Hoseok were wandering around the back alleys of the city. These places would be full of drunken men, dangerous drug dealers and trouble makers by night. But they were all dead in loudness of the morning.

"Hyung are you sure this is the right way?" A slightly scared Taehyung asked.

"Don't worry Tae. This is the address I got from one of my informants. We are on the right path" Hoseok responded looking at Tae and smiling a little. Tae looks so cute when he is scared but curious at the same time. I want to hold his hand and never let go Hoseok thought; but instead, he reached his hand for the younger’s hair and ruffled it while saying, "Don't worry if anything happens I'll use my powers to protect you. Minho-hyung will understand if we use it to protect ourselves." Hoseok said answering Taehyung's expression.

 

Hoseok belonged to the Gemini Constellation, same as Eunji, this meant that they had two powers - one offence and the other defence. While Eunji was rather skilled at using defence techniques, Hoseok was better at casting spells in offence. This made him the second most talented fighter after Minho. Minho belonged to the Aries Constellation making him a natural leader and fighter. His spell casting techniques were not only superior to all members of Aries Constellation in various factions but what made him a formidable opponent was his spell casting speed and physical attack combination. Taehyung, on the other hand, did not belong to a zodiac constellation. Taehyung belonged to the Ophiuchus Constellation which was often mistaken as a zodiac because of its overlapping position with Scorpio Constellation and Sagittarius Constellation. Those sons and daughters of Zeus under Ophiuchus had the power of healing. This was the most precious and sought after power among the factions. And each faction would try and have one member belonging to the Constellation of Ophiuchus, Crovus or Hydra since those who belonged to these bloodlines had the power of healing. In the past there were two more Constellations - Crater and Lyra - that also shared this trait. However, the 1000 Days Blood War fought between Zeus and Hades over Mount Olympus had killed most of Zeus' bloodlines that were blessed with the powers of the Constellations. Among the three reminding healing Constellations, Ophiuchus was the strongest healer and Hydra was most prophetic.

In fact, Hoseok and Taehyung were on their way to find a particular prophet going around by the name of Rap Monster. On the outside, he was an underground rapper but in reality, he was a factionless prophet belonging to the Hydra Constellation. According to the rumours, many factions had approached him but he had refused to be a part of any such groups. He valued his freedom above all and did not want to get too attached to anyone and have to witness their death even after rightly predicting it. It was said that death will take all and even if you predict death you cannot defeat it. At best prophets can change the course of death but that often did more damage than good.

"I think we are here," Hoseok said as they stood in the middle of a nameless alley in front of graffiti covered wall.

"But there are only walls here. I expected a door.”

Suddenly the wall next to them cracked open and a very warm looking lady came out.

"He has been expecting you'll. Please come in." She said indicating them to enter the pseudo path behind her.

Hoseok walked in and Taehyung followed. They walked down a sparsely lit tunnel until they arrived into a larger room with several doors and a huge window. The daylight from the window flooded the whole room and it looked nothing like they expected a room at the end of a mysterious door in a suspicious alley to look like. It was a very ostentatious room with an antique shaped sofa with red velvet cushion, red and gold curtains, a rug that looked like dead Ursa Major, a glass table and a few chairs that matched the sofa.

"Please wait here and he will be there in a moment," said the lady from before and then disappeared behind one of the doors.

"Hyung, is he a real monster?" Taehyung asked looking around with his signature blank expression but his tone was enough to let Hoseok know that he was scared.

Before Hoseok could say anything one of the doors opened and a man in a black hoodie and grey sunglasses walked in.

"Are we not all monsters of our own darkness and gods of our own light? But to answer your question; No I'm not a real monster. Just a Special like you'll." said the man in a deep voice.

Hoseok and Taehyung got up and bowed to greet him. "I'm guessing you already know why we are here?" Hoseok asked.

"I'm a prophet, not a mind reader. I do not know why you'll are here but I did know that we would meet eventually. Our fates are intertwined, yours and mine. So go ahead ask your questions" He said sitting down.

"Well, we are here to find out about Demon-Eyed Nemea. We already know that he belongs to the Constellation of Leo and has the power of control. We also know that he is close to an Original. But we need to know if he is still aware that he is a Leo or if he is using the Original" Hoseok said trying not to give any personal information about Jinki and Taemin away.

"Ah! The infamous fallen member of Leo. I have always wondered if he has demonic eyes. Well to tell you the truth I haven't heard anything about him recently. Yes, about 20 years ago there was a huge hue and cry about the internal disputes in one of the greatest factions. The then leader of the faction was murdered by one of his fellow faction members, Nemea - the Leo.

Please log in to read the full chapter