pilot episode: nakamoto yuta's infamous mistakes

Reply 2015: the colour of youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ teenagers hate themselves because they cannot love something they can't handle. 
❞



 

 

 

 

 

Behind the doors of the old creaky gate just about five kilometres away from the infamous secondary high school, lies a group of houses in the neighbourhood. No, they were not just any regular old street of houses — they held special meanings and were symbolic to the people who resided in them.

They resembled branches for a large cherry oak tree. All connected and woven erractically in a beautifully distinctive  manner. There were enough memories buried beneath them that would fill the minds of many generations to come and go.

Here was the story of the youth who roamed and settled in the houses today. The time they would share together in honour of moving on and growing from their adolescent times with one another.

 

 

episode one.

 

Yuta has always been a slightly puzzling kid from the start. Ever since the start of his transfer from Osaka to the small town of Jinhae, he's been labelled into the miscellaneous section. It wasn't as if he really minded or gave a damn what the other kids thought. His accented Korean had eventually disappeared and he almost completely sounded fluent or at least he hopes so. Perhaps this what truly drew him to the small group of friends he calls his own today. They're an unusual bunch much like himself, which might be why he fits so well with them in the first place. They all complete each other in ways and parts that's quite difficult and complex to explain without showing it. This leads to what he's about to show you now. His life in all it's perfect imperfections.

 

 

 

 

School Grounds

September 26, 2014

12:30 pm

 

 

"Taeyong, you're an utter idiot," he cackles with a certain wickedness filling his tone as he hilariously pats the other boy's back in an insincere way to comfort.

"Oh please ing shut up. It was one fail! Stop reminding me," Taeyong seethes while in the midst of taking another bite of his cold turkey sandwich pitfully, "Seungwan, please make him stop. . . better yet, give me consent. I can send him back to Osaka, for real. I'm sure if I raise enough money I can ship him via advanced shipping."

"Oh Yuta stop mocking him, and Taeyong," the familiar ebony haired girl rolled her eyes before pipping up in an attempt to stop the argument for lasting any further, "you can't ship him back. You brought him here in this group, and we accepted him ages ago."

"Thank you, you hear that?" Yuta grins victoriously, before spotting the other curl his lip in childish sadness. Honestly, Taeyong can act like little kid sometimes which more than often leads to comfort and sympathy from Seungwan, otherwise labelled the mother of their group. If you ever needed some cheering up, she was the number one person to go to, asides from Taeil of course. It helped having two supportive figures here. 

Ten who was sitting quietly during the argument proceeds to arch a brow at the pair before shaking his head. "Seungwan, I think you're egging Yuta on. The animalistic glint in his eyes is making me highly uncomfortable."

Ten was the quiet, reserved and perceptive one in the group, probably the biggest skeptic as well. You could tell he cared though, it just took some practice and time. He was quite talented in hiding his emotions, however, which could prove to be a fatal flaw or a wonderful trait. Yuta is still trying to piece together on how he may find the final result.

"Come on Ten, I'm not an animal." Yuta nudges the other good naturedly before knocking over a pencil box resting beside him on the bench. He picks it up, before handing it to Seulgi, the only person he knows who would take it outside. Not peculiar at all in a sense, she's currently circling some words on a page. . . in which he thinks looks familar. A team perhaps? Or a conspiracy list that's she's creating? Yeah, he loves making assumptions. 

"Yet," Seulgi states in a matter of fact tone, "Not yet Nakamoto Yuta, but you're getting pretty darn close."

Ah and then there's Seulgi the complex one. Out of all his friends currently, she's the only one whom Yuta can't seem to grasp an idea on. It could be due to their lack of personal interactions with one another. However, what he does know is that she's intelligent and closed off.

"But it's not his fault Momo ended up rejecting Taeyong," Jennie adds while a smile threatening to peek out the edges of her lips. "He tried making a poem that rhymed eyes with melon sighs. It's a whole new level of failure. Taeyong, you know we all care about you a lot, but even Sana would be laughing at this and that's saying something since she's the nicest one out of all of us."

Yuta couldn't contain himself from bursting into a new fit of chortles, proceeding to high-five the other girl in complete satisfaction. Needless to say, he definitely still had the audacity to tease his friend in his time of need and self-pity.

Jennie was the normally the tough girl in the group whom you could almost always trust for complete honesty, and not to mention, the one who usually had the mouth and guts to defend anyone of them from harsh words or hurtful actions. Yuta can sometimes pictures her riding on motorcycles and wearing leather jackets, while yelling chicly turning her head at random bystanders. He'll never admit it though.  

While Sana was the soft one in the group with her bright colours that were usually dedicated in providing warmth and happiness in the group, but unfortunately, she was usually caught up with cheer practice so she was unable to join them during lunch.

"I swear to god if anyone of you laughs at me again, I'm selling myself into the Mafia," Taeyong bluntly states, mock seriousness filling his eyes but even Yuta can spot the faint amusement dancing in his orbs. He always loved to see his friends laughing, even if they were chuckling at him.

"They'd never take you; you're too bright like the bursting sun to the eyes of observers," Yuta wheezes out between breaths of exploded laughter erupting from the depths of his vocal cords.

"I'm going to go pick up our Taehyung from the hands of our obsessive class president now. You guys are too cruel right now." Taeyong dramatically releases a sigh before chucking the rest of his leftover sandwich into the garbage can, earning him some applause from Seungwan.

"You see, young man, . . the wind doesn't affect your throw," Yuta mirthly comments with a teasing glance before earning a dirty look from the other boy.

"I hope the wind blows you over."

"Thanks, but I like the bench I'm sitting on right now," he throws back with breezy tone.

"Ah stop your bickering you two and get Jimin and Taehyung back," Seungwan intervenes, setting down her coke bottle on the table, while swatting some flies away

Taehyung was the simplistic one who had some typical bad boy vibes to him with his stony stare and charismatic self, but in all reality, he was a soft-hearted guy who loved to write literature. Which is ironic in a sense since that he can almost never generate the willpower to finish a work.

"Have fun, man," Yuta raises his left hand up to his forehead before giving the other boy a solid salute before he adds, "don't get lost."

"Aye aye captain. I'll be back soon guys." Taeyong waves before walking into the direction of the school building. His name tag gleaming sharply in the sunlight, the rays sting his eyesight.

Yuta's group has been through thick and thin, most of them have been together since the start of when they were toddlers. Jennie, Seulgi, Seungwan, Taeyong and Taehyung have been there from the absolute start. They were even neighbours, in which, he found particular at first before the sense had dawned to him. Jimin followed in after the second year of pre-school, while Ten and Sana came around fourth grade. Taeil and Joohyun were occasional members whom popped in out due to them being older and in higher grades.

He was the newest addition starting from his arrival just a measly three and a half years ago compared to their almost seven or more years of what he presumes to be, solid friendship. He would never admit it but sometimes the teasing he does is simply a filter to cover up what's within. This is mistake number one in his part.

Mistake number two is a story for another time. 

It's one he wishes that would completely leave his mind and flutter into the sky where most of his other worries have gone. Too bad the world , except maybe for some parts. 

"Yuta?" Seungwan prods the Japanese boy gently, trying to get his attention.

"Yeah? Sorry I was spacing out," he admits with a sheepish smile before turning his complete focus to the girl across from him.

"Oh sorry for interrupting, but are you joining us in our gathering at Jennie's house today? I need to bring some chips and pop over, since I lost the bet," Seungwan speaks in a casual manner but she doesn't forget to pause to shoot the latter an evil look. 

Jennie almost automatically responses. "Hey, it's not my fault you thought Momo was going to date Taeyong!" 

"It would have been nice to know that she was um maybe in the process of trying to ask Mingyu out?" Seungwan screeches, throwing her fists in the air to show her inner rage. Yuta finds it amusing, and strangely he wonders if him and Taeyong look like that while they bicker.

"Seulgi, protect me from this mad woman!" Jennie shields herself from Seungwan's attempted threatening body language.

Seulgi just peers at the two with amusement before her eyes going towards the scene between both girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter