This is it

Kind of magic

7- This is it

It’s a dull Monday afternoon and the rain is shattering against the windows, washing away the centuries of the castle. Outside, the wind blows with a glorious fury, bending even the greatest of the tress.

He is going to the Slytherin Commune Room after finishing his classes for the day, carrying some books he might need. Taehyun has leave him to join Seungyoon to another study season – and that’s the magic of love, he thinks; Taehyun has never been a fan of the library, always relaying on him from academic succeed –. He feels a little abandoned since Jinwoo hasn’t been around all day long. He has endured a lonely breakfast, because seen his best friend kissing and giggling at his boyfriend before ten is unhealthy, so he usually go earlier than them, but today Jinwoo was nowhere to be found. So he enjoyed the rare solitude with some of his others classmates, having small talk with them, updating his social life again.

So when he hears his laugh, he turns immediately toward the precious sound, just to find a soaked Jinwoo greeting someone. With a smile bigger than his heart, Jinwoo waves happily, tiptoeing to see above the bunch of heads, looking for that person. And Seunghoon knows right there that he isn’t the one, but Song Minho, who is running to him, panting out of breath.

“Oh, Seunghoon-ah!” Jinwoo grins, jumping, his hand up, for him to see, but he ignores it, pretending that he doesn’t hear his loud cheers. It’s not that he doesn’t want to hang out with Jinwoo, but the bugging sensation that he won’t enjoy Minho’s presence. Besides, he has to catch up with work; he has been pretty distracted lately. So he leaves, getting lost in the sea of people that is the hall, leaving behind Jinwoo, who is still searching for him, pouting disappointed, but quickly smiles at the sight of Minho coming.

“Hyung, you’ll get a cold! Why are you so wet?” Minho can’t believe he is seeing it. He takes his wand out and cast the right spell, gaining the most beautiful beam from Jinwoo, whom uniform is back to be dry and warm.

“I came from Herbology when the rain has started” he tells, still smiling. And Minho can’t hold all that fondles that he has for him, how much he adores him, with all the bits of his heart and soul. He giggles and jokes and talks to him, trying to be as close to him as possible, but then, it’s Jinwoo, he is clingy and loves to wrap himself around his friends arms, sometimes even holding hands. “Do you want to joint me? I think Seungyoon is lacking tutoring you since he started dating Taehyun-ah!” he laughs, and Minho nods in agree, not because that’s true – it isn’t, Seungyoon still tutoring him three times a week, updating him with all news about their pretty hyung –.

“Do you think he will ever confess?” asks Taehyun, from behind a book that he has been using to cover up himself, so Jinwoo won’t notice them.

“Last time I questioned him, he told me that he was waiting for something. Maybe a blue moon or any other sort of miracle. He is a coward” replies Seungyoon, smirking evilly. Sitting a few tables away from them, Jinwoo is teaching something to Minho, who can barely stand his glances, and has his head down, pretending to be immersed on his essay, but peeking at Jinwoo every time the latter focuses on his research. In his face can be read all the love he has for Jinwoo, and all the suffering he is enduring for him.

“I don’t know how Jinwoo hyung doesn’t notice it. I mean, all the school knows that Minho is deeply in love with him” points out Taehyun, a little surprised.

“Even the centaurs on the Forbidden Forest know it” ads Seungyoon, caressing gently Taehyun’s palm, smooth fingers against his pale skin, making him tremble.

“Even the Giant Squid knows” continues Taehyun, smiling at the gesture.

“I think Minho and it had had a deep conversation about Jinwoo. That massive thing has also a crush on hyung” and that is not a lie. Since Jinwoo has grown up on an island, he misses the waves and the salt and the touch of the sea, so for him, the Great Lake is somewhere he has a deep connection with. During summer days, after finishing their exams, he usually goes to swim.

“Didn’t it have tried to eat him?” Taehyun’s eyebrows move in confusion, up and down and Seungyoon thinks that he looks adorable.

“Jinwoo sworn that he was trying to kiss him, but never mind. Jinwoo is fascinated by all animals in the magic world, and he has a contusion, so he might be delusional” he revels, but quickly ads “even the Giant Squid has more guts than Song Pabo. Every time he is around hyung… it’s painful to see “and, after hearing it, Taehyun agrees. Because it is, how on Earth can Minho be like this? All heart opened but, whenever that Jinwoo does something slightly intimate – touching his hand, using his shoulder to rest – he backs away, as if hitting by a lightening. He is so different to Seunghoon, he thinks, who acts the way he feels and has no problem been close and sweet with hyung.

“Do you think Jinwoo likes any of them back?” asks Taehyun, looking at Seungyoon and then at the other pair, who are immersed on a dense silence. Jinwoo is concentrated doing his work but Minho is only pretending, his eyes glancing at him all the time, following his every little moves.

Next to his hyung, sitting a few chairs away, a Gryffindor girl looks grimily at Minho, as if internally cursing him; she is very pretty, with ivory skin and round, bright eyes, just like Jinwoo’s, that now throw sparkles at her fellow classmate, who is oblivious of her annoyed stares and keeps avoiding Jinwoo while, at the same time, craving for any crumb of affection coming from him.

“Who?” says Seungyoon, who is also torn between peeking at his best friend worriedly and looking affectionately at his boyfriend.

“You know… I have the feeling that Seunghoon hyung is interested in Jinwoo hyung too. Since he has become a regular part of his life, he looks so much content. He wakes up shining, which is impossible. Who is happy to wake up?” he wonders.

“I am. Because that means I’m going to see you” and Seungyoon hurriedly occupies his mouth by kissing him gently, stealing the kiss from his lips, smiling lovingly at him.

“I always knew you were a weirdo” refuses Taehyun, but he is also giggling, his lips curb up in a beautiful smile, cheeks stained in a pretty pink colour.

“But you love me” says candidly Seungyoon, making him blush harder.

“But I love you” and now is him who kisses his mouth.

“You two should go and write your romance out of my library” a not very nice voice interrupts them and, when they look up, they are greeted by Madam Pince, who forces them to leave the place, for corrupting with obscenities the books and been an annoyance for the rest of the students.

Once out but, they both crack into a loud laugh, followed by Jinwoo and Minho, who join them outside the library.

“I can’t believe Madam Pince can be so old fashioned” complains Jinwoo, still smiling.

“Those books needed a little bit of excitement, and I also believe they have seen worse” jokes Taehyun, gaining a little smash from Seungyoon.

“We should go and have dinner, it’s getting late” says Seungyoon, always the responsible one.

“Later, I’ll eat later. Sorry Seungyoon-ah. Enjoy the dinner with Taehyun-ah, I have promised Minho to help him and he didn’t write a single line of his essay” pouts Jinwoo cutely.

“And then he wonders why I call him Song Pabo” singsongs cheekily Seungyoon, evading a punch from the offender one.

“Wasn’t it Mojiri?” Jinwoo asks him sweetly. “I think it sounds better” and Taehyun can swear that Minho is nodding at this.

Taehyun sits again on the Ravenclaw’s table, comfortable on Seungyoon’s lap, the perfect spot to be, kissing eagerly his cheek and his cute nose when, again, the girl on the library passes by.

“Tell Seunghoon that I bet 10 galleons for him on the race to Jinwoo-ya’s heart” she says, keenly. “Minho-ya has nothing to do, a part of annoying the hell out of us” and, at that, Seungyoon turns around to see the girl, snickering at her stamen.

“Well, annoying and chicken are his second names” he revels with a laugh.

“In Gryffindor we have so many stories about him” and right now Taehyun wants to hear them all, just to repeat them to Seunghoon latter and cackle all night long. “Anyway, I’m leaving now, guys, but make sure to tell Seunghoon that I cheer for him” says with a pretty wink “Well, I will cheer for whoever that isn’t Minho” and her smile is bright and shining.

“Oh, do you also think that Seunghoon hyung likes Jinwoo hyung?” asks curious Taehyun.

“But, who doesn’t like him?” and she is so much right “Tell him that Geeun says hi” and, with that, she leaves.

“She has a point, everybody here loves him” Taehyun says but this is a commonly knowing true.

“But if Seunghoon is truly interested in hyung… Does that mean that Minho is screw?” ponders Seungyoon, a little worried.

“Minho has been screwed from the beginning, darling” and he kisses him just because he doesn’t want to start a fight. And because his plump, fluffy lips are far more appealing to be resisted.

Author’s notes: Thanks a million for reading this. As usual, sorry for all the mistakes, English is not my native language.

Again, comments, up votes and subscriptions, I appreciate them all very much. I hope you are enjoying this little and silly story as much as I enjoy writing it.

I think it will be over soon, though.

Houses Points remain the same as in the last chapter.

PD. As promised, the great first appearence of Hotgee!