Nothing holds me back

Kind of magic

5- Nothing holds me back

“Seungyoon is in love with Taehyun-ah?” Seunghoon exclaims, as loud as he possible can, not giving a thought about the other students gathering around him, or the killing stares from Taehyun, who is still hidden behind one of the armours that bedeck the hall where they are. “With my Taehyun-ah? The Nam Taehyun we both know?”

The sunset is shyly painting the horizon, spreading its colours over the fields, making shadows dance in Jinwoo’s eyes. He looks at him startled, as if he couldn’t believe it.

“For someone who makes a life with secrets, you seem to know very little” he jokes in wonder, nearly as surprised as Seunghoon.

“Why should I? Seriously, I was sure he was in love with you!” Seunghoon explains, dejected. But Jinwoo is smiling so big and bright, and his face is gleaming like a sun rising in a mountain, and it’s just so overwhelming that he can only laugh.

“Well, yes, he is. And that’s why I wanted the potion… He likes him so much! I want him to be happy.” he says, slowly, carefully chosen his words. And while he is talking about Seungyoon, Seunghoon can only notice how much affection he has for him, how his smile grows even more fondly, otherworldly. It’s incredible, he thinks, the amount of love that those two have for each other, how Jinwoo, the shy and quite Kim Jinwoo, has been asking for his help only to see his other half happy confessing his love to someone else. It’s so beautiful that hurts, it’s so beautiful that he has to do something or else he will cry; and with it his reputation will be also a bunch of tears and memories.

“I didn’t realise that” he says, wanting to hear more, because Jinwoo’s voice is precious and soft, like a melody he is not tired of.

“Well, Seungyoon can be quiet and secretive, but he has been very vocal about Taehyun, at least with me. Every time I’m going to Muggleology with him, Seungyoon asks me about it; he likes to know all and everything about him, how his day has gone, if he was happy, that kind of stuff. Isn’t it cute?” he asks him with a love that transcends all the magic that he knows. “And then Taehyun, in his cool way, he seems also interested in him, so I thought that I could help them both to find their way. So if you help me, well, you’ll be helping your friend, too, maybe?” and Seunghoon nods because it’s true; he has catch Taehyun staring at Seungyoon more than once, and in his dreams, he talks about him, about fluffy lips that has to taste like marshmallows, and fondle brown eyes that can melt his soul like caramel. So he got the idea long before, but never say anything because it was non of his business, not unless Taehyun would told him, but he didn’t, he kept his secret from him, not trusting him, which it’s a hard punch on his pride as his friend. Later, he will talk to him later, because right at this moment, from behind an old armour, Taehyun is peeking around, looking torn between them chatting and Seungyoon, faraway standing, waiting for Jinwoo to finish.

There are few other students walking and talking on the hall, the wind blowing with their words, the fine essence of the spring that is finally coming, but just one glance over Taehyun and Seunghoon knows what to do. It’s now or never.

Jinwoo looks at him puzzled, but, like a reflex, he takes his wand too, his eyes like massive holes ready to implosion. And that is exactly what Seunghoon does with his first spell; makes one of the awful statues at the end of the corridor explode into tiny bits of porcelain, dragging all the attention to it.

As if it was an alert, Taehyun runs toward Seungyoon, while a bench is turned into a beautiful rose bush which roses that change colours, a palette of light and brilliant tones that look like nens.  Then again, with an elegant movement of his wand, Seunghoon makes all the candles that are shyly illuminating the place fly away, a thousand of fireflies spreading wax everywhere. And Jinwoo just adds more fun by turning them into discothèque balls, silver and round, leaking confetti over their heads. And all the eyes are on them, people clamming, giggling, clapping at those two who are creating a show for only them to see.

And Taehyun reaches him, a smile cracking his serious face, hands on his knees and itchy breath, but gleaming at Seungyoon like a million suns, with a force that can not be contained. And his fingers slowly hold his wrist, eyes all on him.

“I just hear that you like me” and Seungyoon loses all his colour, cheeks pale and shaking body. “Well, I want to tell you that I like you too, as in a lot” he says. And Seungyoon's smile worth all the beats of his screaming heart, all the nights spent awake thinking of him, of how his lips would taste, of how beautiful would be been loved back by him as well.

Kissing Seungyoon is more than he can describe. It’s slow and caring, sweet, teeth biting gently those marshmallows that taste like the sky and that makes him so weak and wild. Kissing him is like having his own fireworks flying over him but then, when he opens his eyes, hands resting on Seungyoon’s neck, there are sparkles falling around, ashes painted with bright colours and when he looks up at the night, he can see how his friends are making it, just for them, like stopping the moment, making it last forever. 

“I hope that whatever you two needed to do deserved the sanction that Mister Lee and Mister Kim are going to face for this chaos” Professor McGonagall sternly says at them when she passes down. But she is also smiling at that new couple that she has been cherished since the start of the time.   

 

Author's notes: Thank you so much for reading! I hope this chapter was good enough. As usually, English it's not my native tongue, so I'm very sorry for all the mistakes.

Comments are more than welcome and I appreciate them all very much. 

The House Points:

HotGee: 3 points.

Maeru: 5 points.

Remember that if you follow me on twitter (@hipsitta) you can gain points. At the end of this story, the one who has the most will be able to chose whatever I should write next. 

Anyway, thank you very much for your time and for reading. Hope you are having a wonderful day!