Chapter 4

Inseparable

Chapter 4

Woojin POV

'No hyung wear this, trust me Hyeongseob hyung will love it.' Jinyoung threw another shirt in my face. I picked it up and stared at it, it totally wasn't my style. 'No Jinyoung I'm just going to wear what I usually wear, why do I have to change the way I dress, I'm just going to meet Hyeongseob to get coffee.'

Jinyoung turned around and gasped at me, 'Hyung you still have to look your best!' I took a shirt lying next to me and threw it at him, 'I'm going to wear what I usually wear and nothing you say is going to stop me.'

I didn't know how Jinyoung convinced me to wear a red sweater which was clearly way too big for me, but he claimed, "You bought this with Hyeongseob hyung so you should wear this." paired with white skinny jeans. (A/N The red shirt he wore for answering the national producers questions and the get ugly skinny jeans) I rolled my eyes as he pushed me out of the room into the hallway where the rest of the members were standing.

'Why are you standing here.' Jisung hyung launched himself towards me, pulling me into a hug again. 'Oh god you look so cute, Hyeongseob is going to love this. Doesn't he like cute things?' I pried him off of me, 'I'm wearing this because Jinyoung forced me to wear it and stop calling me cute because I am not cute, now I'm leaving.' I walked towards the door and started making my way towards the cafe, trying to ignore the fact that the rest of them were following me.

Hyeongseob POV

'No, Euiwoong help me do I wear this sweater or the other one?' I could tell Euiwoong was ready to throw something at me, but I needed to make sure whatever I wore looked good. 'Hyung just close your eyes and pick one, you've been asking us that for 30 minutes. IT'S JUST A SWEATER.' Justin glared at him before leaving the room. Zhengting hyung pat me on the back, 'Hyeongseob I'm sure Woojin will love whatever you wear so just choose anything, you look cute in both anyway!'

The only person I could count on in the dorm was Zhengting hyung. I stared at the sweaters for a while more before going for a red one that Woojin and I bought when we went to shop at Hongdae before. Euiwoong looked up from his phone, 'Oh isn't that the couple sweater you bought with Woojin hyung?' I could feel myself blushing and I threw a pillow at him, 'Shut up it's not a couple sweater we both just liked the sweater alot.'

'Sure keep telling yourself that.'

I looked at the clock, I only had 20 minutes left before I had to go meet Woojin, so I rushed around the dorm finding the perfect jeans to go with the sweater before finally settling on a pair of white skinny jeans. There wasn't any way I could go wrong with this. 'GUYS IF YOU'RE COMING LET'S GO NOW WE HAVE 5 MINUTES.'

Euiwoong and Zhengting hyung dashed out of the room. '5 minutes?! We haven't even gotten ready yet- stop glaring at us you didn't even tell us what time we're leaving, give us 2 minutes.' I rolled my eyes opening the door only to see Justin and Seunghyuk already waiting outside. 'Well hyung took you long enough we've been waiting for the 3 of you for 10 minutes, let's go they can catch up to us later.'

Justin grabbed my arm before pulling me off to the cafe. 'So when are you going to confess to Woojin hyung?' I turned to stare at him, 'Are you crazy? Why would I confess to him? He doesn't even like me back, I'm just here to try to salvage our friendship or what's left of it.' Justin sighed before turning to share a knowing look with Seunghyuk, 'What's with you two why are you looking at each other like that?'

'It's nothing hyung we're just silently communicating about how stupid and dense you are!' Justin turned to smile at me brightly. 'I hate you Justin.' I rolled my eyes, walking faster to ignore him. He bounded over and slung his arm around my shoulder, 'But you said you treat us like family that day, which shows that you love me.' 'Justin there's a fine line between hate and love. Now please leave we're already here, go and please don't embarrass me.'

'Hyeongseob you're the only one that'll be embarrassing yourself today.' Seunghyuk chuckled before quickly pushing Justin into the cafe so I couldn't hit him. I sighed before sitting down at one of the tables outside. I took out my phone to check the time, it was exactly 2pm, at least we still managed to reach on time.

Third person POV

Woojin saw the familiar back of Hyeongseob sitting at the cafe tables and walked over, still ignoring the other Wanna One members behind him. He tapped Hyeongseob on the shoulder and the said boy quickly stood up and turned around. 'Oh.' Both of them stared at each other before looking down at their own clothes. While both of them were fighting the blushes that threatened to rise to their cheeks, Hyeongseob coughed out, 'Even though we didn't coordinate we're still wearing the same thing. I guess our best friend telepathy is still really strong.'

Woojin smiled at him, 'Yeah.' He looked at Hyeongseob who was now staring at the floor before speaking, 'The other Yuehua boys are here too right?' Hyeongseob's head snapped up and he gaped at Woojin, 'How did you know?' Woojin chuckled, 'Well firstly, since they helped you send texts I kind of expected they'd be here. Also I can see them talking to the extras that tagged along with me.' Hyeongseob turned around and saw the Wanna One members talking animatedly with his labelmates and he felt someone's hand wrap around his wrist before he was being pulled away.

He didn't need to look at his wrist to know that it was Woojin pulling him along, he missed the other boy's touch so much he just went along with it. 'Let's go before they realize we're gone. I'm not going to sit there comfortably knowing they're probably going to stare at us the whole time.' Hyeongseob laughed lightly, following Woojin along.

•At the cafe•

Seunghyuk hit Justin and Euiwoong, 'Isn't that the Wanna One members walking in?' They turned to look at the door and sure enough the 10 of them piled into the cafe. 'DAEHWI!' Euiwoong stood up and shouted, running over and throwing himself onto his friend. 'Euiwoong! What are you guys doing here?' Euiwoong looked at him ridiculously, 'What do you think?'

'Ah you're here to assist their date?'

Justin rolled his eyes, 'Of course, what else would we do? I'm guessing hyungs are all here for that too?' 'Of course, they finally realized their love for one another, this is a big thing.' Jisung pulled a table over and sat down next to Zhengting, 'Okay let's focus on them since we're here for that.'

They turned around to look at the couple outside only to find no one ther, 'Wait where are they.' Seongwoo ran out and looked around, 'They're not here, they left.' 'Yeah they ran off when you guys were hugging each other!' Everyone turned to stare at the owner of the voice, Zhengting. 'Well then why didn't you tell us Zhengting?!' Sungwoon exasperatedly stared at him.

'They looked like they didn't want us to follow along, there's a reason they ran away.' They looked at each other, 'You know what maybe Zhengting hyung is right, they can handle themselves anyway. Do you guys want to go and hang out anyway?' Everyone agreed before leaving the cafe.

                                                                                                                                ✧

•Woojin and Hyeongseob•

'Hey Hyeongseob there's a bubble tea shop there let's go get drinks!' Woojin's eyes lit up as he pulled Hyeongseob to the shop in the park. 'You still like Choco Mint right?' Woojin spoke to Hyeongseob while looking through the drinks. Hyeongseob nodded, before realizing Woojin couldn't see him, 'Yeah I do, what are you getting?' Woojin stayed quiet, still looking at the choices of drinks before walking to the counter, with Hyeongseob trailing behind him.

'We'll have one Choco Mint and one Milk tea.' Hyeongseob rolled his eyes, now standing next to Woojin, 'You're so basic and boring, why would you go for the original drink.' Woojin stared at him before sighing, 'Fine I'll take the Macchiato then.' Hyeongseob beamed at him, 'That's more like it!' He moved to pay for his own drink, but was stopped by Woojin. 'You texted me first so I'm paying for anything you want today.'

Hyeongseob shyly smiled, moving to find a seat while Woojin paid. 'So what do you wanna do today? We haven't met up for so long so we should make this day count!' Hyeongseob thought about what Woojin said, make this day count. 'Well the easiest way to make this day count, let's just talk. We need to catch up on each other's lives!' Woojin smiled at him, 'Definitely.'

'Order for Park Woojin!' Both of them shot up and walked over to the counter, still talking and laughing together, telling each other about what happened over the past month. The shop owner, Baekhyun smiled at them, 'Young love is so beautiful, I hope you guys last long together.' Their eyes widened as they turned to stare at each other.

'I-' 'We're-' Woojin coughed, trying to hide the blush from rising to his cheeks, 'We're- Uh we're not dating Baekhyun hyung.' His mouth formed an 'o' before smiling at them again, 'Well then my bad, I could've sworn you guys were dating, especially with the couple outfits and the way you both look at each other. But go on, enjoy the day and enjoy the drinks!' He pushed them out of the shop still smiling.

It wasn't like they hadn't experienced that before, no many people had mistaken them for a couple many times before, they just denied it and tried to avoid talking about it, every single time. So they continued walking in silence, both not speaking about what happened before, until Hyeongseob broke the silence by recalling one of the many days that they had spent together. 'Do you remember that day when you finally taught me how to cook something and we actually didn't burn the kitchen down?'

Woojin laughed out loud at the memory, that day was an... eventful day to say the least. They had managed to cook something but of course, with distractions along the way.

Flashback

'Woojinnie! We need to go and buy what we need for you to teach me how cook today, if you take any longer to change we're never going to make it back in time!' Hyeongseob whined and pouted while lying down on Woojin's bunk, staring at the said boy who was standing in front of his cabinet, still trying to find clothes.

He sighed, 'Seob give me 5 minutes, also turn around when I'm going to change.' He finally picked out something he deemed "decent". He gave a look to Hyeongseob and the latter rolled his eyes before flipping around, 'Why do I need to turn around? It's not like I haven't already seen you changing the past thousand times.'

Woojin felt a blush rise to his cheeks and he was glad Hyeongseob wasn't facing him and didn't see it. He rushed through changing, not wanting to make Hyeongseob wait any longer. 'Let's go.' Hyeongseob huffed, 'You made me wait for so long and now I'm tired, turn around, you're carrying me there.' Woojin rolled his eyes and turned around, letting Hyeongseob hop on his back. 'The things I do for you are ridiculous.' He didn't have to turn his head around to know that the older was smiling cheekily at him. 'But you love me anyway.' 'Sure I do.'

                                                                                                                                ✧

'No Hyeongseob stop grabbing random things!'

'Put that down we don't need that.'

 

'HYEONGSEOB WE'RE COOKING SPAGHETTI WE DO NOT NEED CAKE MIX.'

'... No cake mix will not taste good with spaghetti, trust me on this.'

'Fine, stop looking at me like that put the damn cake mix in, I'm still not putting it inside the spaghetti.'

 

'Hyeongseob stop taking all the chocolate we don't even have enough money for those.'

'AND PUT DOWN THE CHIPS WE ARE NOT GETTING THAT.'

 

'No Hyeongseob we are definitely not getting cinnamon powder, I'm sure no one would appreciate getting their throats burned by swallowing it.'

'-No I'm not letting you try that either continue walking.'

Woojin sighed, he never knew grocery shopping with Hyeongseob would go this badly, what did he expect anyway, it was Hyeongseob he was talking about. He stood at the ice cream aisle and waited for Hyeongseob, who came back with his many, many tubs of ice cream. He stared at the older, 'Are you crazy?! Why do you need-' He stopped to count the tubs that Hyeongseob threw in, '-12 TUBS OF ICE CREAM?!' Hyeongseob smiled, 'It's to stock up in our dorms!' Woojin quietly walked along, putting back tubs of ice cream that were in the cart and left 2, just Hyeongseob's favourites.

'Let's go pay before you start grabbing anything else and please, for the love of god, look at something else other than the food here- Look, there's the scenery outside, look at that.' Woojin walked quickly towards the counter to pay and Hyeongseob silently just stared at him. Woojin turned to Hyeongseob, 'Why are you staring at me?' 'Well you said to stare at the scenery, so I'm looking at it!' Woojin rolled his eyes and, for the second time that day, fought the blush that was rising to his cheeks.

The cashier smiled at them, 'Young love is so beautiful, I hope you guys last long, you remind me of my boyfriend and I.' Their eyes widened and they looked at anything other than each other's eyes, 'Chanyeol hyung we're not together. Stop talking nonsense.' Hyeongseob whined hitting him lightly, yeah Hyeongseob practically knew everyone they met. Chanyeol gasped, ' I'm so sorry I'll just scan these, okay go on, I won't make this more awkward than it already is.' He bid them goodbye and they left, still not talking to each other.

That was, until Hyeongseob broke the silence by talking about anything and everything he saw. Woojin chuckled at how hard Hyeongseob was trying to break the awkward tension between them. He wasn't going to stop the other in any way though, not because he loved hearing the other just ramble on about anything. Definitely not because he loved Hyeongseob's voice, no he simply just liked listening about what was around him, yeah that was it.

Woojin watched Hyeongseob as he moved his hands animatedly, telling Woojin about some movie he had watched before. To anyone that saw them they simply looked like a couple in love. One holding endless love for the other in his eyes as he watched him, and the other being oblivious to it. To them, it was just best friends listening to one another talking about a everyday thing.

                                                                                                                                ✧

'Hyeongseob if you don't help me to keep the things that you bought, I'm not going to teach you how to cook and you and the other Yuehua hyungs and kids are just going to starve or die eating junk food.' Woojin was half way through organizing the things they, or rather Hyeongseob, bought before realizing Hyeongseob wasn't helping but instead, sitting comfortably on the couch already eating his way through a bag of chips.

Hyeongseob sighed, 'But Woojin these chips are so. good. Try one!' Woojin walked over to Hyeongseob and stuck out his hand, to which Hyeongseob confusedly held on to. Woojin pulled him up before walking over to the fridge. 'Help.' He went back to putting Hyeongseob's many bars of chocolates in the fridge. Hyeongseob finally obliged and Woojin smiled at him, still pouting at needing to get up and do something.

'Okay we're done can we rest now Woojinnie?' Woojin cocked his head to one side and stared at Hyeongseob, 'Seob you do realize it's already 3 in the afternoon right? If we don't start now you're never going to learn anything.' Hyeongseob pouted before sighing and standing up, 'Okay then let's start.' Woojin threw him a apron, 'Wear it don't get your clothes dirty.' Woojin hoped that they would be able to get through this simply and just without any problems along the way.

Of course he could only hope.

                                                                                                                                ✧

'Hyeongseob just fill the pot with water. It's simple, just do that first- NOT THAT MUCH WATER.'

'Just take a handful of it and put it in.' 'This much?' 'Hyeongseob a handful, not the whole bag of it.' 

 

'HYEONGSEOB THE WATER, LOWER THE FLAME I TOLD YOU TO DO THAT 10 MINUTES AGO.'

'YOU DID NOT TELL ME TO DO THAT. WHAT DO I DO NOW?!'

'TAKE THE SPAGHETTI OUT IT'S GOING TO BE OVERCOOKED.'

'QUIT SHOUTING YOU TWO, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP.'

'SHUT UP DAEHWI!'

 

'Okay just pour half of the can out- half, NO HYEONGSEOB HALF OF THE CAN NOT 3 QUATERS.'

'Do not put that back into the can you're just going to have to eat more sauce.'

 

'Finally we're done.' Hyeongseob let out a sigh of relief. Woojin glanced over at the clock, it was already 8 in the night. They'd taken 5 hours, just to cook a plate of spaghetti. 'Okay I'm never teaching you to cook ever again Seob. You guys can live off eating junk food and spaghetti or starving.' Hyeongseob laughed and gave him a side hug, 'Thanks Woojinnie! Sorry this took so long, let's just eat this then sleep. I don't ever want to learn how to cook again too, you can just cook for me!' Woojin rolled his eyes before side glancing at Hyeongseob and shaking his head, 'Let's just eat.'

                                                                                                                                ✧

'It was a wild day, but hey at least I can cook something unlike the rest of them, especially Justin. He should never be allowed in the kitchen.' Hyeongseob shuddered, recalling what happened what happened the last time Justin tried to cook an egg. Woojin chuckled, 'Yeah I could tell by his "meringue time" video, he was hopeless. But still way better than yours which, by the way was a mess.' Hyeongseob turned to Woojin gasping, he hit him, 'Shut up! I didn't know what a meringue was!' Woojin smiled at Hyeongseob pouting, 'I know, you've told me that countless times, but I still don't get why you threw in the egg shells. Do you make omelettes with shells?!'

Hyeongseob rolled his eyes walking faster to create a distance between Woojin and himself, not wanting to be embarrassed more than he already was. Woojin chuckled at Hyeongseob's cute antics, running to catch up with him, slipping his hand into Hyeongseob's and intertwining them at the same time. He felt Hyeongseob tense up but relax after realizing it was Woojin. Hyeongseob looked down at their hands before looking up and locking eyes with Woojin, 'You know, I really miss this. I miss us hanging out together like last time.'

Woojin looked at Hyeongseob, taking in how happy the other looked before smiling and nodding, 'Yeah I miss this too.' They walked around, Hyeongseob pulling Woojin into random shops when he saw things that interested him and Woojin making a mental note to buy all of it for Hyeongseob's birthday. Woojin remembered Hyeongseob telling him that he loved sunsets and pulled him to the top of a building to see it.

Hyeongseob's eyes widened as he watched the sun setting. Woojin looked at the sunset before looking back at Hyeongseob, who looked ethereal in the sunset with the colours of the changing sky reflecting off his face. Hyeongseob turned to look at Woojin, 'Why are you staring at me! Look at the scenery and the sunset you're missing out on it!' Woojin smiled softly, 'I'm already looking at something even more beautiful the scenery and the sunset.'

Hyeongseob looked away as blush tinted his cheeks, 'Shut up Woojinnie, if anything you're the beautiful one here, I'm not even close to even being good looking.' Woojin raise an eyebrow, 'Hyeongseob have you seen yourself? Don't put yourself down, you're beautiful and ethereal so don't ever say you aren't.' Everyone else always thought of Hyeongseob as a confident person, confident about everything, his talent, his looks, everything.

Only Woojin knew of how insecure Hyeongseob was and he made sure to always assure Hyeongseob of anything, never letting the other drown in his own pool of negative thoughts. Hyeongseob turned to look at Woojin again before smiling and hugging him, 'Thanks for always being there for me Woojinnie.' 'I'll always be here for you Seob.'

                                                                                                                                ✧

'Well which one do you want to watch?' Hyeongseob stood next to Woojin, still looking at the different movies that were showing. 'Let's watch Your Name!' Woojin watched in amusement as Hyeongseob's eyes lit up when he saw the poster for the movie. Woojin was pulled into the cinema in no time and he sat next to Hyeongseob watching as the other rambled on about how he's been wanting to watch the movie for the longest time ever. 

 

'Woojinnie that movie was amazing! The way Mitsuha and Taki went through so much to find each other although they only remembered fragments of each other. And the way they both helped each other out when they were in each other's bodies! The best was when they finally met again for real, it was so touching.' Woojin looked at the older boy who was wiping away his tears, smiling before pulling on his hand and walking Hyeongseob back to his own dorms.

'I really enjoyed today Woojin, thanks for making it so fun!' Hyeongseob walked with a skip in his step as he swung their hands. 'I really enjoyed today too, we should go out more often when we're free, I'm really going to miss seeing you every day.' He smiled sadly looking at the ground. Hyeongseob threw his arm around Woojin's shoulder hopping so that he didn't have to lift his arm up, 'Well we have each other's number now so let's just text each other everyday! That way you won't have time to miss me before we see each other again.'

Woojin nodded and rested his arm around Hyeongseob's waist. 'With the way we acted today I think many people thought we were a couple, don't best friends always do this since they're close to each other?' Woojin knew he liked Hyeongseob more than just as a friend and he realized that, indeed best friends did not do that. 'Yeah sure Seonho and Daehwi do it sometimes too.' Only because the two of them were already in relationships but Woojin wasn't going to say that.

'Honestly if I was ever called a couple with anyone I would want the person to be you.' Woojin's eyes widened and he stared ahead, trying to calm his rapidly beating heart, should he just confess now? 'U-Uh me too.'  it. He thought, What else do I have to lose anyway?  'Seob, I really really like you. I have for a long time but I just never knew that I did and I kept denying it-' He felt Hyeongseob's arm drop from his shoulder and he turned to him. Hyeongseob stared at Woojin wide-eyed, not saying anything. Woojin let go of his waist and muttered, 'I-I'm sorry.' before running off, leaving Hyeongseob in the middle of a street by himself.

Woojin POV 

I ran into the dorm and made a beeline for my room with Jinyoung and fell face first onto my bed. I didn't know what came over me to suddenly confess but it was the stupidest thing I had done and I regretted it. I ruined a whole day of fun with Hyeongseob just because I blurted out that I liked him. I just ruined my own life and lost my best friend in a matter of minutes. 

I never cherished the time I had with him when we were still close during the show and didn't show affection just to look cool, I regretted it. Now I missed him so much and I couldn't do anything about it but wallow in my tears and possibly cry about it to Jinyoung until he got tired of hearing it. I felt tears welling up in my eyes again and I stuffed my pillow onto my face, maybe sleeping it off would help me get over it, I knew it wouldn't but I tried to convince myself it would until I drifted off to sleep, drained from crying for the past 2 hours.

Jinyoung POV

We stepped out of the lift, making our way towards the door when I noticed Woojin hyung's shoes at the door. I pulled Jihoon hyung's arm back, 'Hey guys keep quiet I think Woojin hyung is back.' They made their way into the house silently and looked around, Woojin hyung was no where to be seen. This could only mean one of two things, he was either in our room crying, or in our room celebrating, and I hoped it would be the latter.

I signaled to Jihoon hyung that I'd go check on him before poking my head into the room. Sure enough, Woojin hyung had tear stains on his cheeks. I sighed, walking to the bathroom to get a cloth before walking back and closing the door softly. 'Hyung why didn't you just text me, I would've come back straight away. Stop acting like you don't have feelings and you aren't hurting inside.' I wiped away the tears on his face before leaving to Jihoon hyung's room.

He tilted his head to the side, moving to make space for me to sit down, 'I think Woojin hyung confessed and got rejected.' 'Rejected? But doesn't Seob like him too?' 'Exactly what I was thinking, but there's no other explanation for him to be crying again. I just wished I could've been there for him.' I sighed, I felt like a bad friend for leaving Woojin to deal with this alone. Jihoon smiled softly at me, 'You're so caring, this is one of the things I love about you, but you couldn't have come back to help him if he never told you about it so don't beat yourself up about it alright? It'll be fine.'

I nodded before sighing again, 'I'll just talk to him about it tomorrow, can I sleep here tonight?' Jihoon pulled him into a hug, 'Of course.'

                                                                                                                               ✧

 

_______________________________________

i hope you enjoyed the story!! i know i took forever to update im so sorry ㅠㅠ also quick question (do answer in the comments!) would you guys like the next chapter to be another flashback of the days jinseob spent tgt in the story or should i just move on? please let me know!! also do leave comments so I can improve♡

twitter ->[email protected]